12th Trip to DW - Need Help on FRESH Fun Ideas!

There are so many great ideas listed. My suggestion is for you to stay at another hotel as each has there own theming. Many people for longer stays choose to hotel hop to enjoy the different theming and activities at that hotel. Personnally my goal is to eventually stay at every hotel/resort on Disney property. I also have eaten at least once in every hotel on property.

For instance, as you have children, trust me they will love to stay at one of the All Stars. The rooms are the smallest on property but kids love the theming. A few days later you may want to stay a few days at AK where you can watch the animals on the savannah at night. You can also choose to stay at one of the Epcot hotels so that you can see the Boardwalk and nightly fireworks at Epcot.

To answer your questions:

Boma is a buffet type restaurant at AK Lodge. It serves african and asian themed food as well as having several American selections to. Check out the menu on wdwig.

I have done the hay ride at Ft. Wilderness and loved it. Had a good time. As it has been some time since this happened I don't recall any carriages in that resort.

I haven't done the cruise but have seen the boats out in the lake. They are not very big so I don't think your kids will have a lot of room to walk around.

Fantasmic Dinner Packages have to be reserved in advance or the day you are visiting the park. It doesn't cost any extra money but you have to eat dinner at a certain restaurants in MGM (ie. Hollywood and Vine, Brown Derby and I think 1/2 other selections). Make sure that you leave enough time to eat before the Fantasmic show begins (if show begins at 7:00, then 5:15 or 5:30 to eat dinner). By reserving this package you are guaranteed seats in the reserved section of the arena (which holds over 6,000 people) and have a different entrance so that you won't have to stand in a long slow moving line to get into the arena. However the reserved seats are to the far right of the arena and not in the dead center of it but the entire show can be seen from these seats. PS - if you have never seen Fantasmic, don't sit towards the bottom of the arena as you will get wet during the show.

Last two questions I can provide very little on. Cubs Den is in the WL. As I don't have any children, I don't know if they will watch them as your staying at a different hotel. I think they will as you pay a fee anyway but you can call the WL to ask them. They also don't have a character breakfast/lunch or dinner option there. Check with CM's at WL as one of their rest. does do special things with kids when there eating but it will be up to the servers.

Hope this helps.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter