$125 per person reception food prices? Help!!

Desnik

<font color=teal>I actually love packing and plann
I am having my cocktail hour and reception in the White Hall room and patio. It states I have to spend $125 per person. To get to that price will I include the price per person for the cocktail hour? For example let's say what I choose to have at the cocktail hour is $14 per person. I add that to what ever dinner costs to get to the $125? I plan on a sit down dinner. Looking at the menus the only thing that comes close to what I would like to have costs about $85 per person. Then the cake gets added to that per person amount too? I'm sorry if I seem dumb but for some reason I'm confused!LOL I plan on doing the individual mini cakes for each guest. Those are $25 each. Does that count towards the $125 per person?

Another food related question. I am from NY and at every wedding here you get a choice of 3 entrees. I don't see that with the Disney menus. It's either one or a dual plate. I do not want a dual plate but I want to offer my guests variety.:confused3 Does Disney offer that option of guests choosing?

Hi! Unlike some of the special venues, the Whitehall Room doesn't have a specific food and beverage minimum that you have to meet with food served right there.

That $125/person they've quoted you is Disney's overall minimum food and beverage expenditure for your whole day, not just the reception. That means any food and beverage counts, even cocktail hour, dessert party, and the cake. So you should have no trouble meeting the minimum.

You can offer your guests a choice of 3 entrees in advance by putting the choices in your invitations and then telling your planner what everyone chose before the wedding. You need to give Disney the choices 30 days before the wedding so they know how much to charge you for the reception food, but you can make changes up to 3 days before the wedding if things change.

If you want guests to be able to choose their meals on the spot, you have to pay for something called Crown Service, which is very expensive b/c the kitchen basically has to make all three meals for every guest, even though they'll only be selecting one. :thumbsup2

OK, got it! Thank you so much!!

Is it tacky to ask people what they want to eat in the invitation? How would I word that on the response card, especially if one response card can be for a family of 5!LOL

For my responses when more than one person was responding they just put the number of each dish next to each choice.

Our response card looked like this

Please respond by August 28, 2008

---will gladly accept
---will respectfully decline
--total people
Please choose your choice of entree
--beef filet with lobster tail
--chicken with scallops & shrimp

We didn't add on the veggies or potatoes since everyone was getting it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter