-

Generally for Southern CA you're looking at schools getting out the 2nd week in June.

However, where I live, just 2 hrs away, our schools let out the week following Memorial Day.

It varies pretty widely in the LA area. I know that the LAUSD gets out around the 18-20th of June. But we live about 1.5 hrs from DL and are not part of LAUSD so we actually get out around the 8th of June.

If I were you and wanted to miss school kids, I would go to DLR the first week of June. You might be able to do second week too.

Some of the schools are year round, but the upper level schools tend to be traditional and get out June 10-20.

From your sig it looks like you are a WDW vet who has not been to DLR for awhile. You might get some useful info from "A DLR Guide for WDW Vets" - www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1162599

The majority of schools are in session until at least Friday, June 15, 2007. A few get out the following week. Get there before the week of the 18th and you'll be good.

There are literally hundreds of districts in SoCal. We get out the first week of June.

My neice and nephew's school disctrict gets out the first Friday of June. They're also in their third week of school right now. (4th week by Monday).

AVOID JUNE!! Many elementry schools go for end of year field trips and the parks get way crowded with kids. You are better going the week before Memorial Day, avoiding the weekend before obviously.

disneychrista said:
AVOID JUNE!! Many elementry schools go for end of year field trips and the parks get way crowded with kids. You are better going the week before Memorial Day, avoiding the weekend before obviously.
Personally, in 2007 I would be nervous about going before Memorial Day. Word is that they will revamp POTC again to add Will Turner / Eliz Swann AA characters preceding the Memorial Day weekend release of POTC 3. Unless you do not mind missing POTC, I would plan for after Memorial Day in 2007 or before or during Spring Break.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter