12 seat van hire

Colindis

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone.
We are a group of 8 looking to hire a vehicle for all of us to fit. I can't find any 8 seater just 7 or 12.
My question is am I allowed to drive a 12 seater on my UK license? I have a class 2 lorry license, nota sure if that makes a difference. Thanks for any advice.

Im in the same situation, ideally dont want to rent 12 seater but 8 seater options only pop up now and again but they are available. Majority 7 seater vehicles are actually 8 seaters but im not taking the risk in booking a smaller car in the hope of hitting lucky

Same here! There are possibly 11 of us but only 6 of us sharing a vehicle. The 7 seater will not fit 6 of us plus luggage 😫 We really don't want to hire a full minibus when the only issue is getting to and from the airport!

8 seater will get you all in fine if you get a chevrolet suburban xl, and if you are staying in villa with washing facilities you could potentially save luggage and dont pack as much. I dont wantbto get a 12 seater van, i comfortable driving them but like you said its only really full to and from airport.

I hope that we could fit in a suburban or something similar as we would love to hire a big American car 😍 But I'm not convinced that we will fit? Say 6 large cases and 4/5 cabin cases ( or whatever you call them )

Has anyone here had any experience with hiring 7/8 seater?

My dream car is a Mustang but it's just not going to work this trip 😢😂

Same here! There are possibly 11 of us but only 6 of us sharing a vehicle. The 7 seater will not fit 6 of us plus luggage 😫 We really don't want to hire a full minibus when the only issue is getting to and from the airport!

Our 7 seater was huge we easily fit all our luggage in. Are you all adults ? We just put some hand luggage size bags in the footwells where the kids were sat. I suppose if adults they could just shove the smaller bags on their laps.

Our 7 seater was huge we easily fit all our luggage in. Are you all adults ? We just put some hand luggage size bags in the footwells where the kids were sat. I suppose if adults they could just shove the smaller bags on their laps.

Good to know, can you remember what kind of car you had?

We had 1 of the back seats up here so 7 seats in use.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210301-141306.png
    Screenshot_20210301-141306.png
    129 KB · Views: 14
We had 1 of the back seats up here so 7 seats in use. Could have easily fit another layer of suitcases and then the holdhalls on top. Those Disney holdhalls are huge too.

We had 1 of the back seats up here so 7 seats in use. Could have easily fit another layer of suitcases and then the holdhalls on top. Those Disney holdhalls are huge too.

Thanks, thats great to see, and easily fit another couple suitcases. Makes me so much confident a suburban would do job for us.

Thanks, thats great to see, and easily fit another couple suitcases. Makes me so much confident a suburban would do job for us.

That's the luggage before we put it in the car. I can't remember what car we had it was definitely much bigger than 7 seaters you see in the UK. I remember how small range rovers looked when I was driving along side them.

Possibly a GMC but it wasn't the really xl long one

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210301-141455.png
    Screenshot_20210301-141455.png
    275 KB · Views: 14
  • Screenshot_20210301-141253.png
    Screenshot_20210301-141253.png
    166.3 KB · Views: 14

Sorry we only had one of the rear seats up . So 6 seats were used

Hi everyone.
We are a group of 8 looking to hire a vehicle for all of us to fit. I can't find any 8 seater just 7 or 12.
My question is am I allowed to drive a 12 seater on my UK license? I have a class 2 lorry license, nota sure if that makes a difference. Thanks for any advice.

We had 8 people travelling in 2018 and rented an 15 seater van from alamo. I only needed a regular UK car licence, nothing else so you will be fine

I rented a 15 seater on my UK licence for 7 of us. With a large suitcase each along with one cabin case, there was no other option. Two things I specifically remember is that it was like driving a tank and it is so big, the air-con is largely in-effective.
Friends of ours have hired two 7 / 8 seaters when they have gone with their family of 8 - will cost more but a bit of comfort for two weeks is surely priceless.

I'm used to large vehicles as I drive lorries so the size isn't a problem. Maybe the AC will be though

Update...I have booked a 12 seater minibus. Cost was £860. So split between 3 families it's a good deal I think. Here's to hoping we can go in September!

Update...I have booked a 12 seater minibus. Cost was £860. So split between 3 families it's a good deal I think. Here's to hoping we can go in September!
Where will the luggage for three families fit in? We found the space for passengers was OK but getting the luggage in and out of very little space was problematic.

Yes it will be fine, the 12 seater is the same size as a 15 but the rear seats are removed. Also were meeting the third family at the villa as they are flying in to a different airport.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter