12 Months of Medals: My 2015 (And Beyond!) Running Challenge

The buttons after finishing the races is a great idea! I think I may try to sneak some for my crew when we go to wdw! I'll pull them out at brunch!

Keels, If the offer is still out there for the running fuels I would be interested. I'm on of those people who orders the same thing off of the menu every time because I don't want to get something that I don't like. I have purchased Powerade several times for myself but still have yet to try it. ( I send it to ball practice with my son) The Nuun sounds more appetizing. Gu chomps have worked well, I've tried orange, strawberry and most recently watermelon. The watermelon chomps are by far the best that I've found. I went to our sporting goods store this weekend to stock up on the watermelon chomps and they didn't have any. I'm talking not just watermelon flavored but no chomps in the store. They had plenty of Gu gel but I'm not sure I could even bring myself to try that. I left the store without buying anything so I could research some more. Today I remembered your post and figured I would give it a try!

However. Brooks understands that there are people with obstacles like me when it comes to buying shoes. So, for a small (and I mean SMALL) fee over the retail cost of the shoe, they will actually send me a right and left shoe in the size I need (in my case, 5.5 on the left and 8.5 on the right).

I'm catching up with your report but I just had to say thanks for telling us this! I will have to tell my son who also has a club foot about Brooks....that is so awesome that they do this!

I really love reading that working at MK had such an impact on you! Yet another reason to love the Walt Disney Company. And it's pretty awesome that one of your friends became an imagineer ... that's pretty much like being a rockstar.
Also ... can you share any behind-the-scenes details about the new Luigi ride? I love Cars Land and I'm dying for details about the reimagined ride!

Did you hear that the 60th anniversary stuff with be around for next year's Disneyland Half? I'm excited because it means I get to see everything - I keep hearing/reading about how awesome Paint the Night is, and I want to see it!

So, I thought about getting a celebration button for my first 5K back in February, but I thought people would think we were stupid. But if someone else does it ... I guess the idea is not so stupid. Maybe we'll do it for our first 10K in January (not as cool as a 1st/2nd/4th Half Marathon, but still something!)

Did you hear that the 60th anniversary stuff with be around for next year's Disneyland Half? I'm excited because it means I get to see everything - I keep hearing/reading about how awesome Paint the Night is, and I want to see it!

I was already on-board with the 5K and Dumbo in 2016 and that announcement pretty much seals it! I can't imagine they'd do away with Paint the Night, even after the Anniversary period ends. But, I'm so happy that I'll get a chance to see it again! Same with the new World of Color!

Hi Keels and all!
There are too many quotes to actually list!
So I guess what I'm really saying is that I appreciate so much how much you have shared about your running journey... Across many threads!!
I am especially grateful for your details about your experience in DL.
I am in for Tink next spring, and have never been to DL or to that part of California and all of your details has decreased my anxiety, given me ideas. So thanks, for that, and for sharing your journey. Your writing encourages a lot of great conversations. Ones that I, for one, have learned a lot from.
Keep running!
Keep writing!
Keep inviting us along on your journey!
:)

Are you running a 5k in NOLA soon, or am I confused with someone else.... Or was that last weekend? Im very confused..

I'm still alive! We got back from New Orleans on Monday evening - but our house is still in disarray (we're doing a major reno on the backyard and part of the kitchen, which is involving the whole back wall of our house), which means I really only have internet on my phone for another couple of days.

I promise to post the rest of my Disneyland recaps along with a training update when we get the internet back sometime this weekend!

Also, if everyone could keep their fingers crossed for my sweet, sweet Texas Rangers. Magic Number is 2 to win the division!

Are you running a 5k in NOLA soon, or am I confused with someone else.... Or was that last weekend? Im very confused..

Not me. I got in one run during the weekend when I was in NOLA with friends. But I walked about 10 miles every day! That counts, right??

(Pay no attention to all the beers consumed ... )

Not me. I got in one run during the weekend when I was in NOLA with friends. But I walked about 10 miles every day! That counts, right??

(Pay no attention to all the beers consumed ... )

Sounds like you had a good time in NOLA, so that counts! Hope the construction project wraps up soon. As an extra bonus you did get robbed on shot while in NOLA either = successful trip!

Sounds like you had a good time in NOLA, so that counts! Hope the construction project wraps up soon. As an extra bonus you did get robbed on shot while in NOLA either = successful trip!

NO. JOKE. We were actually thinking about going to Atchafalaya the night it was robbed!

Glad I'm not the only one who stalks your journal for Keels updates :)

Take your time, sounds like you have a lot going on!

Also, if everyone could keep their fingers crossed for my sweet, sweet Texas Rangers. Magic Number is 2 to win the division!

Did you guys clinch the division yesterday? I know you won, but I don't remember who needed to lose.
I was watching the score while I was at the Yankees game ... it was a little hard because of where I was sitting, but I kept turning my head and checking every so often. Of course, I was mostly watching because I thought it might affect the Yankees (I really was having a hard time tracking who had to lose for the Yankees to get a wild card spot ... but thankfully we won so it was a moot point).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter