12 days with no suitcase- possible?

Guys, OP here!
I haven't been on the boards in a full week and just got back to find this amazing thread with sooooo many great tips!!!!!!!!
Thank you all SO MUCH!!! You gave me lots of food for thought and excellent advice!
Bottom line is I'll probably end up taking my backpack and a trolley bag as a carry-on (with or without an extra duffel bag shoved in there in case I need it on the way back).
THANK YOU :D

I'm really confused by this argument and I think you've misunderstood the premise. The duffel bag isn't there to be "snuck on"; if one ends up needing the extra bag on the way home, one checks the extra bag.
Right, that's what I meant. I'll fold it up inside my carry-on and possibly use it on the way home. :)

Some thoughts on strategies for a carry-on only trip, since those are probably more useful to OP than arguments:
These are great, thank you!!!

By the duffle bag, I assumed again that she is attempting to carry-on 3 items,,, said roller, "personal items" which is actually a carry-on and then the duffle.
Nope, just backpack and carry-on with the duffel bag folded inside it.

I wish the OP a nice trip...... if you go carry-on only I praise you... I seem to buy and collect too much at Disney and the Outlets... I myself couldnt do one night with carry-on.. but that is my problem :)
Thanks! I'll do my best to pack very little and shop even less! ;)

Off topic, do you live in Jerusalem? Every time I see your user name, I get a little jealous. :p I live in FL & can go to WDW anytime, but the Holy Land is my dream trip.
I do live in Jerusalem! It's my favorite place in the whole world! (Disney World coming in a close second :D ) I hope you get to visit- it's a beautiful city and country!!

OP- check out the EBags TLS Motherload Weekender bag. It's my all-time favorite carry on suitcase. I have a very old video (ignore the quality LOL!) of a review I did of it on YouTube so you can see the dimensions, features and whatnot. We have flown internationally with it (we have two) as has my sister and her husband. It's the best carryon suitcase ever!
Thank you, I'll check it out!

What a great thread! We liked it so much that it was actually chosen to be featured on the DIS Daily Fix today. You've gotten some really great tips here. :goodvibes

This absolutely made my day (and my weekend!!!) I can't believe I wasn't here to witness everything live! Thank you :goodvibes

97 days to go!!!!!!!!!!

:jumping1:

I think it will eat too much time to wash and dry clothes and be extremely inconvenient. How will you bring any souvenirs etc. home?

We do laundry every trip since they are long trips. We stay at POFQ and the laundry is right by the pool. You can swim have a drink if you want and the machines will tell you when the stopped. It is hardly an inconvenience.

Even if I pack as if I'm not going to do laundry, I often end up doing laundry. One of us spills on our clothes... a spot wash in the sink isn't going to do the job...and stains would set in before we get home.

We take time off from the parks anyway so it isn't a big deal for us.

We do laundry every trip since they are long trips. We stay at POFQ and the laundry is right by the pool. You can swim have a drink if you want and the machines will tell you when the stopped. It is hardly an inconvenience.

We do laundry several times a week whenever we go on vacation. We typically get condos that have in room washers and driers. Whenever we have time, we put a load on to wash and dry. At Disney, we'll do a load or two after we get back from the parks.

I don't travel for business like I used to, but for long business trips I would stay in a hotel that had a coin operated washer and dryer.

Last edited:

One trip my luggage was misrouted to EWR. We had planned to go to Downtown Disney that first night for dinner. I stopped by the World of Disney store and bought some clothes for the next day. Second day we toured the parks until fairly late. Coming back I expected to see my suitcase in my room. No. My wife had to do a load of laundry around midnight so I could wear the same clothes in the parks the next day. I could tell people were looking at me funny since I was wearing the same clothes.

It turns out that the woman that had my bag took it to her hotel. She held my bag hostage at her hotel until her bag was delivered. I left her bag with the airline. I got her contact number and spoke with her husband and asked him to have her release my bag.

Every once in awhile, my wife will bring that up.

I think you could. You could always place a garden grocer or Amazon order for toothpaste, contact solution, and other liquids and have it delivered to your resort.

I have 3 kiddos, me and my husband and we will only check two bags, tops. My goal is only 1. Doing laundry once on a 10 day trip saves a lot of hassle carting around bags.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter