12/16/06 10-day holiday cruise Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
xmjackson said:
I'm scrapbooking last thanksgivings vacation...nothing like being late.

I am now tired of "snow" days. We are suppose to get another 2-6" of snow tonight then blessed rain. DD is still asleep. I guess I better go wake her up.

She sounds like my 16 year old...they like to sleep don't they?

oh it only gets worse as we get older too...i sleep all the time now lol

DCLgodess said:
oh it only gets worse as we get older too...i sleep all the time now lol

No, you've become Nocturnal...stay up all night and sleep all day! :rotfl:

I got done a 2 page spread on the Animal Kingdom for 5 scrapbooks (it was a family reunion Thanksgiving '05.

DS and I also made bread since we had none and I refused to drive in this weather. Its 4pm and no snow yet! That's a good sign. Temps are up to 29 degrees. Hopefully that means rain.

Hi everyone:teeth:

Hope all of you are well. I have been sitting in my chair infront of my comp screen al day playing and shopping. It's been fun but expensive...lol

Jen and Shereena, in case you were not aware there are 2 threads for the cruise team...

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1285173

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1285847

kept loosing my posts than realized that there were 2...lol

Am going to be folding mooooore stupid clothes...laundry is sooooo overraded, maby I can just invent beautiful throw away clothes and become a muti -millionaire....anyone want in?????

Hello everyone :wave:

Glad to hear that my DD sleeping till 3:00 on the weekends is the norm. I remember when she first started sleeping like that, I actually took her to the doctor because I thought something was wrong with her (low iron, thyroid problems). Geeez, do you think I'm the type of mom that worries tooo much??!!

Took DS to his orthopedic appt. today. His knee is filled with blood. (They offered to stick a needle in and drain it, but he said "no thanks"!) They said the blood will eventually re-absorb. He has to go for a MRI on Monday because the doctor thinks he might have damaged his ACL. Oh joy!! I just don't have time for this!! Don't they realize I have packing to do? :teeth:

Talk to you later,
Judy

how did that happen Judy? my dad was an orthopedic surgeon...i loved looking at all the narly injuries lol

DCLgodess said:
how did that happen Judy? my dad was an orthopedic surgeon...i loved looking at all the narly injuries lol

Did that make you want to be a surgeon...?

My son threw up last night and I thought "at least we have time for this to run through our family BEFORE the cruise!"

booksw said:
Did that make you want to be a surgeon...?

My son threw up last night and I thought "at least we have time for this to run through our family BEFORE the cruise!"

lol yes..but i don't want to really be a doctor. I don't have enough compassion to put it bluntly. I want to be an spy/assasin to put that bluntly...

I better think about making dinner. :rotfl: Don't feel like it. Looks like we have to go back to school tomorrow. Hoping now for maybe a 2 hour delay...don't count on it.

Can't wait to start vacation. Pulled all the names off of Angela's and Jen's sites. wrote chritmas cards. Getting stuff together. Going to pack weekend of the 9th if I actually pack any earlier I have to reopen and use things. No matter how hard I try - it always happens.

DCLgodess said:

Well, he made it through the whole football season without any injuries. Three days after the season ended, he was playing football in the park with some friends and hurt his knee. I guess right after he landed from catching a pass, he got tackled and heard his knee "pop". No broken bones, just possible ACL problems.

I'm glad he chose not to have the blood drained from his knee, I think I would have had to leave the room (and I was a nurse). I guess it's different when it's one of your own.

Judy

Watching hockey. It is my favorite sport if you don't count NASCAR.

I know Jen, football,football, football... I can take it or leave it. But we are a hockey family and Seattle doesn't even have a team!!! We still route on the 'ol Flyers all except Lexi, who is an Avalanche fan.

xmjackson said:
I better think about making dinner. :rotfl: Don't feel like it. Looks like we have to go back to school tomorrow. Hoping now for maybe a 2 hour delay...don't count on it.

Can't wait to start vacation. Pulled all the names off of Angela's and Jen's sites. wrote chritmas cards. Getting stuff together. Going to pack weekend of the 9th if I actually pack any earlier I have to reopen and use things. No matter how hard I try - it always happens.

How many total names did you get from the 2 lists. I wanted to do that soon. Just want to make sure I got everyone. I hand wrote all of the one's from one of the lists because I wasn't sure how to print it out. I know Jen (if you are reading this too) my son tells me not to admit to those kind of things.

Judy

magicalfam5 said:
Well, he made it through the whole football season without any injuries. Three days after the season ended, he was playing football in the park with some friends and hurt his knee. I guess right after he landed from catching a pass, he got tackled and heard his knee "pop". No broken bones, just possible ACL problems.

I'm glad he chose not to have the blood drained from his knee, I think I would have had to leave the room (and I was a nurse). I guess it's different when it's one of your own.

Judy

my mom works with needles around the spine for a living (spinal doctor) and she passed out when i got my naval piereced...i guess the 12 guage needle is more nausieting than the 22 gauge she uses lol

I had about 30 between Jen's list and Angela's. I also thought I would take some blank cards with me so I could leave one in the room for the room server and had a couple extra just in case I got on board and discovered I missed someone. Then I would feel bad but just by bringing an extra or two i was covered.

magicalfam5 said:
How many total names did you get from the 2 lists. I wanted to do that soon. Just want to make sure I got everyone. I hand wrote all of the one's from one of the lists because I wasn't sure how to print it out. I know Jen (if you are reading this too) my son tells me not to admit to those kind of things.

Judy

Jen's printed pretty easily by just hitting the print button at the top of the page...since it is the only thing there, it was two pages...with a pretty picture of the ship on top!

Isn't it funny that we're all now planning our lives around the start of the cruise? I was just threatening DH that he had better get his flu shot by this weekend...I took care of everyone else! Illness, good to get it now rather than ship time...I was thinking today it needs to get cold out so my children will quit wearing their shorts and I can pack them!

:rotfl2: :lmao: :rotfl2:

Thanks for the number Susan. I'll try to bring extra too. That's a good idea. I just hope I get around to writing them out. They are cute cards. They actually have the words "magic" and "wonder" in them. When I saw what they said, I just had to buy them!

Judy

3pirates said:
Jen's printed pretty easily by just hitting the print button at the top of the page...since it is the only thing there, it was two pages...with a pretty picture of the ship on top!

Isn't it funny that we're all now planning our lives around the start of the cruise? I was just threatening DH that he had better get his flu shot by this weekend...I took care of everyone else! Illness, good to get it now rather than ship time...I was thinking today it needs to get cold out so my children will quit wearing their shorts and I can pack them!

:rotfl2: :lmao: :rotfl2:

Thanks for the tip. That's all I need--simple directions! I can handle that one. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter