12/09/06 Cruise Continued ~ Pirating Bananas DIS Geekorama Part 2 Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

brack

<font color=red>The man who loves all things Disne
This is me with the tour guide and her assistant in the apartment that was made for Walt above the Pirates place. It is now an art gallery but the tours have lunch on the inside patio that was supposed to be outside Walt's bedroom.

IMG_5778a.jpg

Now is when I ask for forgiveness for boring everyone with multiple post but ......

we have now made 3,000 posts.
:thumbsup2:

DrHug said:
Soory we didn't think about just meeting you in the parking lot. It would have saved you some $$$. Yikes. (Hitting myself on forehead). :crazy: We definitely think Stone Mountain is a must see.

Dennis

Actually, I had a coupon. (Hitting myself for not sharing). And..., I went ahead and got an annual parking pass for the family this summer.

:blush: :blush: :blush:

I hope everyone is having a lovely evening. The pollen count was a record high here yesterday at 5,861. Everyone here has the sniffles whether they have allergies or not.

Patsy, thanks so much for the great tour. We went back around and walked around by the covered bridge for awhile. Chatted with the fishermen. We had such a good time with you. We had some of our pecans for dinner last night with an apple. We were so full from Miss Katie's Sideboard lunch and later dessert that we could not eat much more than that. It was a very good snack. We decided to not stay for the laser light show. We left around 7. We're old :rotfl2: :rotfl: :lmao: geizers and we were tired.

Vanessa, DrHug and I both send congrats on the game. Really, really good team!

Brack, thanks for posting those photos. That is a tour we have to do one day.

Stacie - WOW! Congrats. We like babies. :cloud9: Even better now that they aren't actually ours! :rolleyes: :teeth:

We did get a quote of $4157 from DU for the two of us in a Cat 11. They are giving a $250 stateroom credit, so that would make it ONLY :thumbsup2 $3907. I'm rationalizing.....but I booked it. That is the 14 day Eastern Repro.

We went to Pitty Pat's Porch for dinner tonight. Another traditional southern restaurant. LOVE that stuff. We had fried chicken, collard greens with black eyed peas, mashed 'taters and gravy.....oh and fried catfish for an appetizer. No room for dessert tonight. We did have a mint julep though and that was yummy! I had said I was going to eat my way through Georgia and I think that I have made a great start! Tomorrow I think we will go to the Varsity for a burger or hot dog with chili. MMMMM.

MommyMinnie said:
I hope everyone is having a lovely evening. The pollen count was a record high here yesterday at 5,861. Everyone here has the sniffles whether they have allergies or not.
Funny that the polen is not bothering us. In fact we were just talking about how clear and uncongested we both are after leaving the mold in the NW for awhile. :confused3

MrsMork said:
Tomorrow I think we will go to the Varsity for a burger or hot dog with chili. MMMMM.

If you go you have to go inside where they can abuse you! It is the fun part of the trip.

Also, don't forget the onion rings and a FO (frozen orange drink). They are great. I love that place.
:thumbsup2

MrsMork said:
We did get a quote of $4157 from DU for the two of us in a Cat 11. They are giving a $250 stateroom credit, so that would make it ONLY :thumbsup2 $3907. I'm rationalizing.....but I booked it. That is the 14 day Eastern Repro.

WOWOWOWOWOWOW! That is a GREAT price! I am now feeling like I'm spending a fortune on this trip. Yikes. We are going on the 8/8/07 10-day cruise.

In light of that, we are probably going to have to cancel our ressies on the December Double Dip :sad: But since our rooms are $$$ on the Med cruise we have to be a little more prudent with our money.

Sorry it's not as good of an excuse as Stacie's but it'll have to suffice. Maybe some of you will be on our Med cruise???? ::yes::

And Angie, we'll have to meet up in May/July @ DL for sure.

I think it was becouse I left the laptop on the bed again and DH hid it again. :stir: :stir: I could not sleep as I couldn't find it. After about 3 hours and open range on the dvd player I got up and searched tell I found it. :rolleyes1 He's asleep and I'll put it back so he doesn't know, Just like this weekend. :rotfl2: Anyway I wanted to put together somekind of summer swap toy thing with the kids. I have never done it, but we did do a candy one once. So I'll try to get a list together and email everyone to see if they want to play and get something started. Anyone else up for it. I thought my boys would think it was cool. Mum

Wendy we are debating canceling as well.....I really really wish I knew what airfare was going to be.

Wow, everyone sure was quite today!?!? :confused3
Took me a bit to find us....on page 2!! :rolleyes1 Guess I'll have to start posting my fair share. My internet likes to go haywire once in awhile and it has been off more than on lately! :furious: This definately doesn't help with schoolwork!

I am so sad to see Stacie, Wendy and Vanessa leaving us (or at least possibly). Does this include Jordan too Wendy?? We are booked for the return repo, but I am going to fight like h*** to keep this one also.

GoofyEd - We will be booking while on board. We don't even know when we will go again, we just know that we want to go again~

We are in total diet mode at our house - we must lose 100 lbs between us for the trip. My DH is down 30 - which is halfway to his goal. I am down 13.5 - ya just gotta add that half! I am still not halfway but still a dieting machine!

Our exchange student from 3 years ago is coming to visit the week before Easter. Monday we are going to go and spend the day in NYC - - that should be a lot of fun! He is 20, my neighbor's son is 19 (they were together all of the time the year Tony lived with us) and my aunt are all going for the trip. My hubby couldn't get off of work. My kiddos are going to spend the day with Grammy. I am so thankful for my aunt...I was not thrilled about being in country girl in the city with two boys who have not been together for 3 years!!!!

Goodness! Are you guys going to start dropping like flies? The med isn't even a consideration. We had a crazy start today. I guess that I forgot to set the alarm. After the dog next door woke me up at 6 am I went back to sleep. It was 7:32 when I looked at the clock the next time. YIKES! I got the kids dressed, fed & lunches packed. We were doing great and then...DS said today is picture day. YIKES! DD & I ran back upstairs & got her into her Pooh dress. Funny thing is last night she brought the curlers to me. She hasn't asked me to curl her hair in a very LONG time. They made it to school with 5 minutes to spare. I was going straight to the Y but had to come home to eat something. Hopefully the rest of the day will be a little less hectic. :)

We are staying on this cruise....and after much discussion....letting our reservation on the repo go. It's $6000 before airfare and what we would spend on board in two weeks....so I am thinking around $10,000 or more total. And that's an inside cabin to boot! We discussed and discussed....a 2 and 4 year old probably would not be any fun on a 9 hour flight, especially since they have never been on a plane. We could take a ton more local cruises for the total cost this will be. I know it's a once in a lifetime, but I'll just have to wait for my next once in a lifetime!! :(

As consolation, DH told me to book 12/15/07 and that if and when Disney comes out with a new ship we will sail on it (the inaugural) no matter the cost....I need to get that in writing I think.

(((HUGS)))) You could always book in a few years when they are older & lots of people have shown that other lines have less expensive med cruises. :) The fact that our kids don't like getting off the ship was a major reason for not wanting to go. It seems that every excursion is an hour or more from each pier.

lillygator said:
As consolation, DH told me to book 12/15/07 and that if and when Disney comes out with a new ship we will sail on it (the inaugural) no matter the cost....I need to get that in writing I think.

YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :Pinkbounc We're booked on that cruise too!!!! That's the one I booked when the dates first came out that I haven't told the kids about because it's soooo far out there. It will work really good with our schedule though because when we come back it will be Christmas break, the kids will get three weeks off school.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter