11 p.m. late night arrival - stay on site?

likensbug

Earning My Ears
we do not fly into Orlando until 10:30 p.m. on Good Friday, April 2004. Should we spend the $200 to stay on site that Friday night or stay somewhere else cheaper and check in on Sat. I am also waiting to find the discounted rates for next year. Do they actually discount rates around Easter or should I not wait and book through Hotel Kingdom?:Pinkbounc

We got to the RPH about 11 pm Friday of Labor Day weekend - had ressies for the next day on club level - and were told that the price would be $209 for the night. We left and went about 1 mile to a Clarion - paid $49 for the night - got up at 7 am - check in to the RPH at 7:30 am and got our room right then. So I saved $150 by just sleeping somewhere else!

Have a wonderful time.

Bob

I'm with Bob. I would get a cheap rate for the first night off site and move over in the AM. As far as discounted rate Easter time wait for them to come out and check your dates some people got them for this past easter. If you cant get any you can book elsewhere (refundable) and keep checking as the dates get closer. Good Luck!

I would stay off site the 1st night, it really wouldnt be worth staying onsite unless you were planning to party at Citywalk late that night.

Patty

Last month we flew from Vegas, and stayed off-site the first night. I let the kids sleep off the jet lag until 10:30, the $32 hotel had a decent continental breakfast, and we checked into RPR by 11 am and hit the parks. Our rate would have been $109 at RPR, but I knew it would have been wasted!!!

I don't know who you're traveling with, but for our family of 5, I packed a separate small bag for the overnight (jammies, shower/bath things) and the next day's clothes. We didn't even unload the "real" luggage from the car at the first night motel. It made it so much easier!

Patti

Also check and see if you can get the entertainment rate during your stay, the HRH rate is usually about 125.00 with that discount. You can book it now and then buy the Entertainment book after. If you haven't yet joined the Loews 1st then join now. It's free and you get some perks, free daily newspaper, welcome gift of either wine, milk and cookies or fruit basket and if available an upgrade at a reduced cost. www.loewsfirst.com

Since we have a 12 hour drive, we always arrive sort of late in Orlando so we get a room from Priceline for the first night. I have gotten rooms for $30 two different times at the Wyndham Orlando Resort on International Drive. A very nice place for that price.

Have fun!!

Nan

Try the Hyatt right in the Orlando airport they offer AAA discount, $124.00 per night and you would save a day on your rental car.:p

One more vote- As much as I love on site, for the one night, I would stay close by with the discounted rates...but make sure to check in early the next day!

Hi we are flying a LONGGGGG 3 flights from Alaska, and we won't get to Orlando until 5p on the 18th, even if we take off from our home town on the 17th. We are booked for 5 nights at the RPR. My question is twofold:

1) First of all, we are staying club level, and even w/the Fan club rate, it will be $209. Should we be staying onsite for the first night? (you are making me wonder...) If I couldn't get the Hyatt at the airport, I don't think I'd want to do any other hotel, unless its really close to the park. My husband and I are not good with driving in cities. We live in a remote town in Alaska, very little traffic.

2) Since MIL will be joining us for the last 2 nights, would it behoove (sp?) us to move over to the PBR for those nights, for the extra space?? We have a room booked at the RPR with 2 queen beds.

I understand that the parks will be closing earlier, so we had already planned on just getting something to eat and probably hitting the hay early, because of our long journey. The only thing I suspect we might do is tour the resort, if we have the energy.

Thanks for your replies!! Kelly

Hi Alaskantwinks- I imagine you'll do some sleeping during the flights, so you should be eager to go when you arrive. The drive from the airport to the Hotel should be about 15 minutes. ( Leave the airport and it's a straight run to the exit for Universal blvd) or have you thought of using a service to get you there and back. From the Hard Rock to Universal Studios is about a 5 minute walk, CityWalk clubs and food is about 8 minutes and Islands of Adventure is about a 10 minute walk. If your staying on premises, and don't plan on driving around the area, why have the hassle of a car? If you arrive at the airport at 5pm you'll probably be ready to head to the hotel by 5:30, since the hotels are only about 15 min. away you could be checking in by 6-6:30pm. Plenty of time to relax by the pool, take a swim eat and stroll down to Citywalk. You won't feel like the day is over just because you are arriving at 6 or so.
Sandy

hello alaskantwinks,

I don't know about catching any sleep on the plane... but if you can find a price that less than half for that first day/night I might think about it.

The Clarion we stayed at was less than a mile (or maybe just over) from the RPH, had a nice heated pool, hot tub, real nice rest. with breakfast buffet in the morning. It also had a large bar area that was open when we check in at 11 pm.

We had the same fan rate of $209 and were planning on checking in early (I have heard that if it is past 3 am it is another day) at about 7-8 am. We stayed at the Clarion for $49. It is across the street from the Wet n Wild or something like that.

I just use that as an example. If I was going to pay 130 and up for the first night, I think I would just be done with it and go on to the RPH.... At 5:30 you would be just in time for a "cold one" on the club level (drinks and food 5-7 pm).

Have a great time.... PS - unless you plan on driving all over town cancel the car and take a cab.

Bob

mark and sandra, thanks for your reply. I highly doubt that I'll sleep on the planes. I wish I would though! I find it uncomfortable, and with the excitement (and a nervous flyer) it just never happens. If I can sleep, I hope its on the 2nd flight, it will be after midnight when we leave and will get to LAX around 630p Pacific time. We are 4 hours behind Florida!!

bobsfamily, I did have our reservation originally booked at the entertainment rate, I should have just done that for the first night, and than the club after that. I'll check on prices around the area and see if I can get a good deal for the 1 night. If not, we'll stick with what we have. FYI: when I checked online for availability at the RPR for our dates, the only thing left is the club level at the full rate of $299!! As far as the car, I debated on whether to keep it or not. My MIL is coming in the last 2 nights, and we were going to pick her up. Also, I want to go offsite to go to Seaworld (possibly) and the Titanic exhibit, and maybe some shopping. We spend 5 nights at RPR, than move to WDW, so we'd have to get another shuttle there if we don't have our car. My MIL said she'd help us pay for the rental.

Thanks to both of you for your input.

Originally posted by stringercapecod
Try the Hyatt right in the Orlando airport they offer AAA discount, $124.00 per night and you would save a day on your rental car.:p

I was going to add this until I saw stringercapecod beat me to the punch! We do this anytime we arrive late or leave early. Very convienient, esp. if you'd like assistance with your luggage (my golf clubs usually push ours over the manageable level). During checkout the bell svcs will take your luggage directly to security at your ticketing gate, no muss no fuss. The rooms are very well soundproofed and there are two good restaurants (one with a great runway view). Make sure to have your AAA card with you or the AAA rate will shoot up to rack rate.

Our flight is scheduled to arrive in Orlando at 10:50 pm (this Thursday - YAY!) We decided to spend the first night at an airport hotel and then are moving to PBH in the morning. I booked a 3* MCO hotel room through Priceline and received the Renaissance Airport Hotel for $28. There's a free airport shuttle. It may not be quite as convenient as the Hyatt, but the price can't be beat!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter