• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

11 month availability - BWV

All this BWV talk has influenced me to take another look.

I've got vacations at BWV crossing from late October through early December. Then, I couldn't get a standard view in January so I jumped to February to book at BCV. (Small number of BCV points).

Yesterday I saw a Boardwalk view night open for 2 nights before my BCV vacation with one night separating them so I booked the 2 nights, then had a blank, then 4 nights BCV. Figured I might be able to get that one night by stalking and waitlist.

Came here, read and listened and went back in and booked that night at BCV, and had to borrow 4 points which isn't the end of the world. But now I've got 2 and 5 split stay. Split stays are NBD so long as it's just me or just me and one friend.

Meanwhile I've snatched the opportunity to go to MM on May 11th. Called friend and she's packing already. That will involve 2 nights DVC and 2 nights at the Swan. Thanks to this board I now have my reservation in MDE. I've rarely gone in May but retired and can do as I please. Last time I went in May I had splendid weather. Won't expect it but one can dream of low 80ties with low humidity.

See some of you there!

edit: I've been to MM's at everywhere but DHS. I'll probably ride Toy Story. (I get dizzy on anything that spins more than that.) Actually that's bad also for making me dizzy but at least it stays on one level. My friends have no tickets and it's fun for them to go for free for a few hours - no big expectations. (We are all old and retired and not yet too grumpy, lol!) What I enjoy at MM is the atmosphere, the music and dance and space, plus a few snacks. It's a Disney party no matter how you cut it.

Last edited:
And you don’t have to do it daily, just need to do it at least one day before the length of stay would expire (i.e. if you book a 6 night stay, you can move it every 5 days)
In theory you are right. IRL things sometimes tend to be different.

With a 7 days reservation I would move it every 3 days then in theory you should be fine.

I should have jumped on it this morning. Already gone. Out 7 month window opens Friday.

In theory you are right. IRL things sometimes tend to be different.

With a 7 days reservation I would move it every 3 days then in theory you should be fine.

I do tend to move it 2 days before the end, mostly just in case I forget, or the website is down one day. I’ve had walk several of times over the past few years to get our Boardwalk view room (never used to have to!) and haven’t had an issue.

I had a standard view room booked for November. Had to cancel our trip so I am sure I made someone happy to get a WL filled. I just tried booking a standard studio for March 4-10 and couldn’t get one. I ended up booking pool/garden view March 5-10. I don’t mind it’s just I would have liked the extra night with my BW points. I put in a WL and at 7 months I’ll try to add on to my stay there with points from my other contract too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter