• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

10th Anniversary dinner suggestions

steph73

DIS Veteran
We are going to be at WDW the week of our 10th anniversary (yay!), and I'm looking for suggestions on where to eat the big night. We'll be taking our children with us on the trip, however we're going to try and have some kind of childcare arrangement for at least a couple of hours that evening so we can have a nice meal out.

I'm not big on seafood, and we don't want anything as fancy (or expensive!) as V&A. We basically want great atmosphere in a romantic/adult sense, a place that serves mixed drinks, great food (of course!), and would prefer that it was at a resort or Downtown Disney (but in a park would be fine also for the right place).

Thanks in advance for any suggestions anyone has on how to make this evening special!

Here are some suggestions:

1. California Grill at the Contemporary. This is a fantastic place to dine & very romantic (especially at a table near the windows). The food is excellent!!!

2. O'Hana's at the Polynesian. This is served family-style and is all-you-can-eat. Request a window table behind the bar for a more quiet atmosphere.

3. Citrico's or Narcoosee's at the Grand Floridian.

4. Yachtsman Steakhouse at the Yacht Club. The food here is excellent!!!

5. Rose & Crown at the United Kingdom Pavilion at EPCOT. Make a PS for 7:30pm (for 9pm Illuminations or 8pm for 9:30pm show) and ask for a patio table. Good food and a prime (and comfortable) place to view Illuminations.

Make sure to tell whatever restaurant you choose that it is for a special occassion.

Congratulations on your upcoming 10th anniversary! Ten years is something special to celebrate! My recommendations, for a romantic ambiance and more adult food would be:

1. Jiko (AKL)
2. Artist Point (WL)
3. Citrico's (GF)

All three of these have a quieter atmosphere, have the romance factor, and have spectacular food. All three also have great kid's clubs, so you can drop your little ones off for a bit while you enjoy your time alone.

Like the poster above, I too love and recommend Narcoossee's and CG, however they can be a bit noisier. CG is a bustling place, but if you score a window table it certainly is romantic and more quiet. At Narcoossees the restaurant, the acoustics aren't that great, so noise seems to travel.

Have a fun and romantic meal, wherever you go!

You sound like you just described me, LOL! However we will only be celebrating our 9th anniversary there this summer. Since my mother is watching the kids one night, I want a place thats a little nicer than we normally go to with the kids. From reading over the menus I have it narrowed down to either Palio or Yachtmans Steakhouse...leaning towards Yachtmans now though.

I am going to vote for Yachtsman Steakhouse at the Yacht Club. My wife and I had our "after wedding" dinner at Yachtsman Steakhouse this past October and I couldn't have asked for a better experience.

The food is excellent, especially if you're not real big on trying "different" types of food, like me. I had the bourbon steak, which was absolutely wonderful and my wife said the lobster / steak combo was excellent as well.

Good luck! :)

Thanks for all of the suggestions!

I've been going over the menu's, and everything recommended seems like a good choice! We're currently leaning towards Yachtsman's Steakhouse - we both LOVE a good steakhouse.

Thanks again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter