10 years since last trip!

RedR2

Earning My Ears
Hi guys,

So me and the missus have decided that a trip to Disney World is going to happen. It's been 10 years since I last visited after visiting every year for the previous 8.

This time around I will be taken my 3 kiddies to enjoy the magic.

Now, we are looking at 2019 as the year we will be going. I have had a look online for next years prices but simply as a rough guide as I am fully aware that prices will go up.

Virgin are the only place I have checked so far.2 adults, 3 kids, Villa/hotel, 21 days, flights and tickets for Disney and universal = £10000 there abouts.

I haven't kept upto date but have been seeing Disney dining being mentioned. How does this work?

Previous visits I have eaten out in different restaurants everyday as I prefer the experience and choice.

Trying to get an idea of people's food budgets and stuff like that if anyone can help.

Thanks

Disney dining is great at the right price. You have to book a hotel plus ticket package to qualify.

If you stay in a moderate you get 2xquick service meals per day, plus snacks and refillable resort mug.

At a deluxe it's 1xquick service and 1xtable service (tips not included) plus snacks and mug.

We stay in a deluxe for the free dining as we have daily TS meals.

"Free" dining is only usually included with full price rooms though - in the past we've paid 15% less for the room without free dining so it kind of evens out a lot of the time.

Hard to get an estimate/idea 2 years out ...but I'm sure it ll be much more costly overall than now.
Enjoy ur planning and safe travels!

My advice is if you can, and are so inclined, book everything separately as this will often work out cheaper than a package deal. Obviously there are benefits to booking a package but if saving money is one thing you'd like to do I find separately is usually the way to go.

We have never done dining plan but it is not as restrictive as say the one at DLP is if you are familiar with ghat so eating at different places is not a problem/restriction at WDW. We've not done dining plan as usually we tend on only eat one meal a day and snack/eat at resort the rest so it's not worth it for us.

Happy planning :)

While tickets are cheaper (especially because of the added bonusses) on the UK website, but the hotels aren't. I've recently checked and the American website is now actually cheaper with a lot of the hotels because of the dining plan promotion. If you add the dining plan to the package in the US, the price evens out (while last year the prices were a lot lower on the British website).

Wyndham bonnet creek is definitely a lovely resort!

Last year we stayed onsite for the first time with the 'free' dining package. Now, after that we have found when looking at cheaper resorts offsite we are constantly thinking " if we add £2000 ( 4 of us ) on for food that brings it to the sameish cost of staying onsite at Disney " We loved the dining plan and had a range of different meals however with a fussy daughter in tow we couldn't take full advantage of it. Next time we are though. Less character meals.

So we have booked again to stay onsite moderate, upgrading to the regular dining plan ( 1 sit down meal, 1 quick service, 2 snacks and refillable resort mug ) instead of the QS dining plan. Also when staying onsite you don't have to pay for parking at the parks, which at the moment is $20 a day!

When the free dining came out this year ( April I think) for bookings in 2018 the prices on VH were extortionate! We looked again at the beginning of June and their prices had came down With a price we was happy with so we booked ( with a few added extras )

I did try and price it all up separately but I couldn't get it cheaper...always about the same price.

Sorry for the long winded message :)

As a way of making our vacation cheaper while still staying in really nice themed hotels, we've decided to stay 9 days in a Disney hotel, then 7 days at a much cheaper Universal hotel. Universal does have parking fees however, so it won't make as much financial sense to stay there and go to Disney (as you will be paying Disney as well as Universal for parking for about 35 dollars a night) for more than a couple of days but we're adding trips to Cape Caneveral, Saint Augustine and Universal to our vacation and then it's a great option.

9 Years since we last went going again in October, last time we managed it for £1000 per head, this time £2000 per head. That is for 16 days parking Heathrow, flying United, full size car Alamo. 2 nights accommodation Rosen Inn International Drive, 14 nights Disney all star movies with tickets & counter service dining plan. Insurance & also 1 night Hilton before we go. We have decided just to do Disney & chill out a bit, we probably will go to beach & state spring park somewhere.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter