10 Year Anniversary Vow Renewal - Memories booked!

DINKsAtDisney

Mouseketeer
I kept thinking about it and thinking about it (and focusing on that cost) and finally yesterday we booked our Vow Renewal! I knew if we didn't do it I would be disappointed (I like to do something special every 5 years - our 5 year was a Vegas Elvis renewal.)

We went with the memories package and will have it at Luau Beach at 9 am on our actual anniversary!! Figured with that time we can maybe beat the heat of the day a little.

Now to start planning a dress, and the ceremony, and hair/makeup. These other posts have been so helpful!

If anyone did a two person ceremony, let me know what services or things you've done when it was just the two of you if you have any tips! I found yesterday that one of the hair/makeup artists has a service minimum, so I am learning all the time!

Congratulations!! The one thing that I want to do with my husband is a grand floridian private dining for the two of us. It looks so romantic and would be great for you that night!

I cried when I read the surprise birthday party one, get tissues ready!!

http://disneytravelbabble.com/how-to/private-party/

Grand Floridian Private Dining: 407-824-2474
You can work with Private Dining (a.k.a., room service) at the Grand Floridian to arrange dinner somewhere in the hotel or at the Marina during Wishes. The cost is $95/person plus 18% service charge and 6.5% sales tax. There’s also a $75 charge for the services of the butler who meets you in the lobby and serves you at your table. If you need more than 2 hours of butler service, additional hours are billed at $25 each. You will be sent a standard menu to make choices from, but you can also request food from any of the resort’s restaurants for a hefty surcharge.

Here’s a link to a great detailed report of an anniversary party there, and here’s a sweet surprise birthday party.

I've read those more than once - I love them so much & did consider that option! We are actually doing a private Wishes cruise the night before out of the Poly and then on our actual Anniversary (the day of the vow renewal) we have reservations in the evening for Victoria & Albert's! What I am trying to do is figure out what breakfast to go to after our ceremony - we're staying at the GF so I currently have rezzies for 1900 Park Fare. Any other thoughts/ideas are welcome!

Sent off our contract and deposit for Rev. Tim Herring this morning!

Also got a really prompt response back from Beaute Especial. I think I'm going to go with them for hair/makeup.

I've read those more than once - I love them so much & did consider that option! We are actually doing a private Wishes cruise the night before out of the Poly and then on our actual Anniversary (the day of the vow renewal) we have reservations in the evening for Victoria & Albert's! What I am trying to do is figure out what breakfast to go to after our ceremony - we're staying at the GF so I currently have rezzies for 1900 Park Fare. Any other thoughts/ideas are welcome!
We went to 1900 Park Fare in wedding attire. The Mad Hatter called me "brave" but I have to say there's a big advantage to 1900. 1 - it's a much nicer resort and location than some character meals. 2 - it's carpet in the seating area so there's no active puddles to swish your dress in. 3 - There are a few face character who interact REALLY well to a wedding dress. Alice was awesome 4 - my hubby happily went to the buffet and brought me back things as having been before I knew my favs anyway and what to ask him to get me. We did this meal after our park shoot the day after the wedding ceremony but we were in full attire and makeup etc for the shoot.

We also did Victoria and Alberts in Wedding attire on our wedding night.

DSC01655.JPG

Sent off our contract and deposit for Rev. Tim Herring this morning!

Also got a really prompt response back from Beaute Especial. I think I'm going to go with them for hair/makeup.
yay!! did Beaute have a minimum? I need to find a hair and makeup artist, but I see some have minimums in order to come to your room.

We went to 1900 Park Fare in wedding attire. The Mad Hatter called me "brave" but I have to say there's a big advantage to 1900. 1 - it's a much nicer resort and location than some character meals. 2 - it's carpet in the seating area so there's no active puddles to swish your dress in. 3 - There are a few face character who interact REALLY well to a wedding dress. Alice was awesome 4 - my hubby happily went to the buffet and brought me back things as having been before I knew my favs anyway and what to ask him to get me. We did this meal after our park shoot the day after the wedding ceremony but we were in full attire and makeup etc for the shoot.

We also did Victoria and Alberts in Wedding attire on our wedding night.
You guys looks great - what a beautiful dress! I'm hoping to get character pics so I'm glad that worked out well! We will also probably use our ceremony clothes for our dress up clothes for V&A later in the day/evening - keeps the packing to a minimum :-)

yay!! did Beaute have a minimum? I need to find a hair and makeup artist, but I see some have minimums in order to come to your room.
They didn't! It's just me for hair/makeup so I was happy to find that out. And they don't charge extra for coming on-site to your room. The up-do is $75 and the airbrush makeup is $87 (regular is $67). They have been really great with answering questions! Senses got back to me and it was $87 more for the same services (standard not airbrush makeup, so really $107 more if you consider that price).

You guys looks great - what a beautiful dress! I'm hoping to get character pics so I'm glad that worked out well! We will also probably use our ceremony clothes for our dress up clothes for V&A later in the day/evening - keeps the packing to a minimum :-)

They didn't! It's just me for hair/makeup so I was happy to find that out. And they don't charge extra for coming on-site to your room. The up-do is $75 and the airbrush makeup is $87 (regular is $67). They have been really great with answering questions! Senses got back to me and it was $87 more for the same services (standard not airbrush makeup, so really $107 more if you consider that price).
wow that is so great!! I saw their website and will contact them!!

Almost all of the makeup artists in the list you get from Disney don't have minimums. I've seen a lot of great reviews for On-site Beauty, a About Face and Fairytale Hair & Makeup too.

We signed our Ceremony contract and sent it over tonight! Have to do the deposit tomorrow (less excited about that part, lol).

I also did my contract with Beaute Speciale today. They have an up-do with a braid that I thought was really pretty! Now to find a dress... :cloud9:

I can't wait to hear how everything goes! I have just talked hubby into a 25th anniversary vow renewal.....in 4 years!!! lol! PLENTY of time to get some amazing tips. I love the Poly memories choice. I am day dreaming of that choice right now!

Rev Herring also does a Catholic service (among offering other formats for other denominations), so sent us a book so that if we want we can use "some, all, or none of it." I really like that he's so flexible! I'm still leaning toward disney-fying it

Following along. We were just talking about doing a ten year vow renewal in Disney tonight which is my head means yes, yes you will do this lol. Not until 2018 though. We only had a small court wedding in the judges chambers followed by a smallish to med party about a month after. So I would probably do this in the style of a wedding and invite our family since we are Floridians. I am so excited for you and to follow along in your planning adventure

Congrats! We just got back from our 10 Year Memories Vow Renewal and had an AMAZING time. I am currently in the process of writing out trip reports for each day that I am adding to the end of our planning journal. If you have any interest you can check it out here! But please don't hesitate to ask me any questions - or run any ideas by me too! There aren't very many Memories Vow Renewal peeps so it's hard to find info/others who are just as excited about it...but I'm here for you! :)

Also, I just noticed your post about breakfast ideas. Since you are staying at GF - I LOVE the breakfast at Grand Flordian Cafe. That restaurant is so light and charming and the french vanilla lace french toast is yummy! You could also do a romantic room service breakfast on your balcony. One of my other favorite breakfasts on WDW property is at Kona Cafe in the Polynesian Resort- THE TONGA TOAST! Can't wait to see how all of your plans come along! :)

Congrats! We just got back from our 10 Year Memories Vow Renewal and had an AMAZING time. I am currently in the process of writing out trip reports for each day that I am adding to the end of our planning journal. If you have any interest you can check it out here! But please don't hesitate to ask me any questions - or run any ideas by me too! There aren't very many Memories Vow Renewal peeps so it's hard to find info/others who are just as excited about it...but I'm here for you! :)

I was going to have us do a very traditional ceremony but your post convinced me I want to Disney it up instead!

We are doing Tonga Toast on Saturday. It's a must do for me

Today we received our Memories Planning Kit via email! Since we have to pick out my bouquet and DH's boutonniere, I figured I should finally order my dress. (Hopefully it's OK to link to the site where the dress is hosted - that's what I've done. If it disappears I'll update!) I wanted something simple, beachy, and maybe a little bit "Blue Hawaii". I think this dress nails all of those things!

_12710268.jpg

I was texting DH flower options today while we were both at work and I think we're going to go with the Blue Dyed Orchids for the boutonniere and bouquet. It really looks so pretty and is not something I've seen at any ceremonies.
Capture0111-450x283.jpg

Next up is choosing music! I definitely want Elvis's "Can't Help Falling in Love" to play during our Sand Ceremony. Our harpist played it at our wedding during the unity candle lighting, so I'd love it to play during the sand ceremony. (We're thinking our sand colors will be Teal & Magenta but I'm sure that will change before we turn in our forms.) There are two more songs to pick and then we have to choose readings for the minister. I have to review the @Stacirella posts - she had so many great ideas that I am going to steal, steal, steal! :flower1:

Side note - I did see today that the Poly Beach has been taken off the Disney Wedding site option list when you go int the planning tool & now only GF marina is an option to book for the Memories package. I hope they figure another option out for futures Memories couples! It doesn't seem to affect our ceremony that we know of yet!

We are almost done filling out our planning kit and I have some updates about how the Memories package functions:
  1. You will be able to order additional photos/prints in addition to the 26 prints you receive as part of the package. There will be an extra charge
  2. You get a Violinist. For some reason I thought it was a harpist, but the package says violinist.
  3. You can just ask your planner to check if there are specific songs you want for the ceremony & they will check with Entertainment. They are very accommodating!
I have to say I love our wedding planner! Our ceremony is so small but she's very prompt in responding and has a great disposition. It's been a very positive experience so far.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter