10% off Target gc today only

Have they been known to limit the amount of Disney gift cards you can buy with a Target gift card?
Yes that has been reported although I have never experienced it. I have to buy $600. I’m thinking of doing two transactions.

ONLY in store. And no, nothing about this is "no-doubt". Fairly certain yes. Because people have re-assurance from Target on facebook we act like there is no doubt but there are a couple- only like 2 or 3 targets across the country according to people who post on the DIS- whose machines are hard coded to not allow this, so there is literally no way for this to be done at those stores so be aware if you haven't tried it and you simply have horrible luck and have one of those targets. If you are like 99% of us it should work to purchase Disney gift cards in store tomorrow. Other impediments can include a cashier who won't allow you to try (come back when a different shift is on), a manager who limits the amount of Disney you may purchase at one time (just make multiple trips), a manager who has instructed their staff this is not allowed (get those screenshots out and gear up for a fight- or find another Target). [Also, you can use screenshots from Facebook but any manager worth their salt who has decided this is not allowed will simply take your gift card, turn it over, and point out the "This gift card be redeemed for merchandise or services (other than gift cards and prepaid cards) at Target stores in the U.S." term that is printed on the back of the card and then proceed to say what a customer service rep said online doesn't matter. Yep, these are absolute, worst-case scenarios that many of us will not face- but they are possible.

This should be pinned somewhere.

I'm hoping this works tomorrow, too. I've read and re-read the Target website, and feel we should be able to use our Target gift cards to buy Disney cards.

Hope this helps. From target website [underline, bold and brackets from me, poster]:

Are there any exceptions for purchasing gift cards?
Target GiftCards can’t be used to purchase the following:
  • American Express, Visa, Mastercard and iTunes gift cards in store or from Target.com.
  • Specialty gift cards from Target.com, including gift cards for gaming, music and restaurants, such as Xbox and Olive Garden.
  • Target GiftCards from Target.com.
How can I get the 10 percent off gift card deal?
Target.com and Target stores will offer 10% off Target GiftCards on Sunday, December 3, 2017. Target GiftCards purchased that day may be redeemed beginning Monday, December 4, 2017 at 10 a.m. CST.

Restrictions [from poster: remember, these restrictions are on the 10% off initial purchase]:

• Offer valid for up to $300 in Target GiftCard purchases ($30 maximum discount) per household. Minimum Target GiftCard purchase is $10. Limit one transaction up to $300 in Target GiftCards on Target.com.
  • Offer does not include Target Visa Gift Cards, Target MasterCard Gift Cards, Target American Express Gift Cards and gift cards issued by other retailers. Offer excludes reloads of previously purchased Target GiftCards, Target GiftCards given in exchange for electronic or prepaid trade-ins, Target GiftCards provided for merchandise returns, Merchandise Return Cards and Target GiftCards provided as free promotional card with qualifying purchase. Quantities limited; no rainchecks.
  • Purchases of Target GiftCards that exceed certain transaction limits may be voided.
  • Terms and conditions apply to gift cards.
http://help.target.com/help/subcate...&parentcat=Gift+Cards&searchQuery=search+help

I'm hoping this works tomorrow, too. I've read and re-read the Target website, and feel we should be able to use our Target gift cards to buy Disney cards.

Hope this helps. From target website [underline, bold and brackets from me, poster]:

Are there any exceptions for purchasing gift cards?
Target GiftCards can’t be used to purchase the following:
  • American Express, Visa, Mastercard and iTunes gift cards in store or from Target.com.
  • Specialty gift cards from Target.com, including gift cards for gaming, music and restaurants, such as Xbox and Olive Garden.
  • Target GiftCards from Target.com.
How can I get the 10 percent off gift card deal?
Target.com and Target stores will offer 10% off Target GiftCards on Sunday, December 3, 2017. Target GiftCards purchased that day may be redeemed beginning Monday, December 4, 2017 at 10 a.m. CST.

Restrictions [from poster: remember, these restrictions are on the 10% off initial purchase]:

• Offer valid for up to $300 in Target GiftCard purchases ($30 maximum discount) per household. Minimum Target GiftCard purchase is $10. Limit one transaction up to $300 in Target GiftCards on Target.com.
  • Offer does not include Target Visa Gift Cards, Target MasterCard Gift Cards, Target American Express Gift Cards and gift cards issued by other retailers. Offer excludes reloads of previously purchased Target GiftCards, Target GiftCards given in exchange for electronic or prepaid trade-ins, Target GiftCards provided for merchandise returns, Merchandise Return Cards and Target GiftCards provided as free promotional card with qualifying purchase. Quantities limited; no rainchecks.
  • Purchases of Target GiftCards that exceed certain transaction limits may be voided.
  • Terms and conditions apply to gift cards.
http://help.target.com/help/subcate...&parentcat=Gift+Cards&searchQuery=search+help

This is all well and good, but what's missing is that individual store managers can impose additional store rules. So even though corporate policy presently allows the use of Target GC to purchase Disney GC, that does not mean that every store manager is going to allow it. People who have been around these GC threads for a long time advise only buying as many Target GC as you could live with if you couldn't convert to Disney, because there just are no guarantees that it will work for you until it actually does.

Have they been known to limit the amount of Disney gift cards you can buy with a Target gift card?
Some stores yes, some stores no, the amounts allowed when limited always vary because they are arbitrarily determined by local managers. Personally, I keep purchases under $500 in a single transaction, never had a problem.

This is all well and good, but what's missing is that individual store managers can impose additional store rules. So even though corporate policy presently allows the use of Target GC to purchase Disney GC, that does not mean that every store manager is going to allow it. People who have been around these GC threads for a long time advise only buying as many Target GC as you could live with if you couldn't convert to Disney, because there just are no guarantees that it will work for you until it actually does.
Oh God I'm an old person now :faint:

This is true. I’ve dealt with this at Kroger where I was told I cannot Buy gift cards with visa gift cards. I still do it at that store, just use self checkout. With target I have so many stores around me it’s absurd so if I were to get shut down at one I’d just head to another one. But I know not everyone has that luxury.

I bought $1,500.00 worth for our trip at Christmas. I'll convert them starting today one $300 transaction at a time. I have 1 Target 5 blocks away, so unless they run out of Disney gift cards, I don't mind stopping there once a day.

Bam. Found the $100 Disney GC in electronics, did two $300 purchases with yesterday's Target GC. In and out in 5 min. Zero problems at all. Thanks to all for these tips!

I bought $750 worth. That's as much as I think I could easily spend at target in a year if I had to. I'm considering if it makes sense to buy tickets from a discounter and use the gift cards for food and maybe upgrading the tickets. My travel plans aren't really set yet, so I don't want to box myself in with Disney cards yet.

Just found out that this doesn't work online anymore. Drats! So the savings is only 10% (if it works). If not, I'll be shopping at Target for quite some time. I'm glad I only did $300.

Bam. Found the $100 Disney GC in electronics, did two $300 purchases with yesterday's Target GC. In and out in 5 min. Zero problems at all. Thanks to all for these tips!
Thanks for the tip about electronics! I really want looking forward to getting 18 gift cards to exchange my $900 worth lol

Do not forget you can go to Disneygiftcards.com and combine all of your cards. Just make sure you keep the one you’ve moved all the money to until your trip is over. If they do any sort of refund it goes back to that card.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter