10-month-old dog in heat

Well, you obviously missed that delaying spaying until after a year can help with hip, ligament and bone issues and certain cancers. Sometimes it can even prevent endocrine disorders.
Really depends on the breed as well….

Our 10-month-old dog is in heat and has had discharge since last friday. She is our first female dog. About how long can we expect the discharge to last. She is not thrilled about wearing the diapers...lol.

Get her spayed and it will stop.

Thanks for that. We were waiting until a year or after her first heat. Maybe you missed that she is only 10-months old.

I did not miss that.

Well, you obviously missed that delaying spaying until after a year can help with hip, ligament and bone issues and certain cancers. Sometimes it can even prevent endocrine disorders.
I don't think you had indicated that in your initial OP that the respondent was initially responding to.

When my mom was growing up she had a female dog that was in heat and my aunt who was about seven or eight had to take care of the dog along with my mom. When my aunt brought the dog inside she was cleaning it up when my aunt thought the dog had gotten injured and she panicked and told my grandmother and mom about it and that's when my mom knew about the discharge. I don't remember what my mom and grandmother did with the dog when she had discharge but from what Mom told me my grandmother put towels on the floor so the dog wouldn't have accidents. But they never took the dog to the vet when she went in heat because Grandma thought it was a normal thing and my mom had that dog for about two years but then according to my mom's story the dog ran away and never returned home. So try putting towels around your dog's areas and she won't have messy accidents

When my mom was growing up she had a female dog that was in heat and my aunt who was about seven or eight had to take care of the dog along with my mom. When my aunt brought the dog inside she was cleaning it up when my aunt thought the dog had gotten injured and she panicked and told my grandmother and mom about it and that's when my mom knew about the discharge. I don't remember what my mom and grandmother did with the dog when she had discharge but from what Mom told me my grandmother put towels on the floor so the dog wouldn't have accidents. But they never took the dog to the vet when she went in heat because Grandma thought it was a normal thing and my mom had that dog for about two years but then according to my mom's story the dog ran away and never returned home. So try putting towels around your dog's areas and she won't have messy accidents
We are doing diapers which have worked well so far. It really isn't as heavy as envisioned. I know my neighbor did what your grandmother did. She used towels and her dog kept herself pretty clean during the process.

We
I have a lab now. She's 3, healthy and nutso hyper like most labs. She was also bread to hunt so she's high energy+++.I want another to get another lab. I can't seem to talk my husband into putting another energy ball in the house. We just put our 15 year old rescue chihuahua down. He kept her in line.
We have a 1 1/2 year old goldendoodle and we got our now 10-month old sheepadoodle when our goldendoodle was 9-months old. She and our older one are best buddies. It was hard to go through two puppy stages back-to-back, but I am glad they have each other. They wear each other out and she snuggles with him to sleep.

ETA: I am sorry for the loss of your chihuahua. It is so hard to lose a family member.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter