10 days to go. Have I forgotten something?

KimBean

DIS Veteran
So, now is the calm before the storm. There has been so much to do and now nothing. I can't help to think... what have I forgotten??

My Done list:

- ADR's
- Day's planned with touring plans
- Fast Passes selected, reworked, second guessed, updated and DONE!
- Magic Bands received
- Mickey Mail received
- pins for trading purchased
- tinkerbell gifts purchased
- busy books for car purchased
- car oil changed
- video to tell girls we are going to WDW Done! (will tell them next Wed.)

So, except for detailed packing list which is on my agenda for this evening. What else do I need to do? I know I'm super excited but I feel more anxious right now, like I should be doing something. LOL!

hmm online check in, phone any room requests? Looks like you've got a lot of the bases covered! Hope you have a magical trip!

Are you doing laundry on the trip? I always bring quarters and pre-measured laundry detergent and fabric softener sheets.

I like to make Mousekeeping envelopes and have the kids/me decorate them, one for each day.

Call your bank/credit cards to let them know you are traveling.

Stop your paper, hold your mail and notify your neighbors.

Just a few items to add to your list. Have a great trip :thumbsup2

hmm online check in, phone any room requests? Looks like you've got a lot of the bases covered! Hope you have a magical trip!

Yep. Online Check in is done. Requested Ranchos top floor, credit card added etc. Thank you!

Are you doing laundry on the trip? I always bring quarters and pre-measured laundry detergent and fabric softener sheets.

I like to make Mousekeeping envelopes and have the kids/me decorate them, one for each day.

Call your bank/credit cards to let them know you are traveling.

Stop your paper, hold your mail and notify your neighbors.

Just a few items to add to your list. Have a great trip :thumbsup2

Yes I do. I have it on my list to get quarters, and the tide pods. I also have the mousekeeping envelopes on my list but can't do them until we tell the kids.

Don't get the paper. Does everyone get their mail held? Not expecting anything but junk and bills. And the way things get stolen out of drive ways in my neighborhood, I won't give the neighbors the go ahead to steal my stuff. HAHAHA!! Nice neighborhood but when recession hit and the houses went for half, well...

plug in strip so you can charge more than one thing at a time. useable plugs can be in short supply. place in a checked bag

we're going for our 20th Anniv trip this Dec too! Congrats on surviving this long! :wizard:

Yay us!! We were young, 18 and 19 when we got married, so we say we get double points for those first 5 years! LOL!

plug in strip so you can charge more than one thing at a time. useable plugs can be in short supply. place in a checked bag

Had read this before, but just added it to my list. Thank you!! This is our first time onsite, used to staying in 2 bedroom condo with living room, kitchen, etc. 2 BATHROOMS!! So it is this kind of stuff I need to remember.

ok, I have 2 suggestions

1. Individual packaged wet wipes. Nice to clean hands and faces.

2. I'm not sure how long your trip is but I was given an idea that was awesome when we drove (2 day trip). Get little dollar store type gifts. Something they can play with in the car. Then wrap them. and tell them at a certain mile marker or city/town they can open one. That way they stay occupied and learn some of the way.

Have a great trip! We will be there at the same time :dance3:

Does everyone get their mail held? Not expecting anything but junk and bills. And the way things get stolen out of drive ways in my neighborhood, I won't give the neighbors the go ahead to steal my stuff. HAHAHA!! Nice neighborhood but when recession hit and the houses went for half, well...

Still a good idea to have your mail held or have a neighbor pick it up. A full mailbox is a sign that someone's on vacation, so if anyone's "trolling" mailboxes, why tip them off that you're gone? Another suggestion is to put lights and a radio on a timer.

One important thing not to forget would be chargers for cell phones, laptop/tablets, camera. It's such a pain if you forget!

You probably already thought of this, but bring clothes for layering, including hats, gloves and warm socks for everyone. Having a "windproof" layer really helps, too, since breezes can cut right through some polarfleece jackets.

Other things might be moleskin or bodyglide to prevent blisters, plus a supply of OTC meds. Can be expensive to purchase at WDW.

Have a wonderful trip!

Still a good idea to have your mail held or have a neighbor pick it up. A full mailbox is a sign that someone's on vacation, so if anyone's "trolling" mailboxes, why tip them off that you're gone? Another suggestion is to put lights and a radio on a timer.

One important thing not to forget would be chargers for cell phones, laptop/tablets, camera. It's such a pain if you forget!

You probably already thought of this, but bring clothes for layering, including hats, gloves and warm socks for everyone. Having a "windproof" layer really helps, too, since breezes can cut right through some polarfleece jackets.

Other things might be moleskin or bodyglide to prevent blisters, plus a supply of OTC meds. Can be expensive to purchase at WDW.

Have a wonderful trip!

I thought I had the layer plan done but then I was outside tonight (ATL) and I thought it was getting cold quick - got up to 70 today. Once night fell I was chilly, looked at weather.com and it was only 68!! I was like, yeah 50 over that Fantasmic water is going to need more layers!

We're checking into CSR around the same time frame as you, and I am looking at automatic Christmas tree watering systems! Home Depot has one that looks like an IV for a tree. I didn't think about it when I planned the trip, but we'll be gone 4 nights/5 days which is too long to leave a real tree without water. We may just wait and put it up when we get home. We had a break-in one year when we were gone at Thanksgiving, so now have an alarm system, which is good because no tree will be a tip-off we aren't home.

We leave in 8 days and are in the final planning stages too. Couple of things picked up this weekend:

Ponchos
Dollar Store run for small souvenir type items and glow sticks
Ziploc bags (Can't specify for what, but we always seem to use them)
Also will you be using your phone in the parks often? If so a portable charger may be a necessity.

We are 10 days out as well and I'm going through the same steps you are! Crazy when months and months of planning comes down to just a few days before you leave :)

I'm leaving in five days and even though I've made lists and gone over them a million times I still feel like I'm missing stuff that's really important

I'm leaving in five days and even though I've made lists and gone over them a million times I still feel like I'm missing stuff that's really important

Me too! I felt like it was less pressure staying off site because one, you have more room to bring more "just in case" stuff. Two, you pass stores heading to the park everyday that you can grab something if necessary.

We will have our car, but I'm determined not to leave the bubble. HAHA!

How about stuff at home? I always like to give the house a good clean before we go - slightly eases the pain of returning home if the house is clean at least. You should also call your bank/credit card companies and give them the dates you'll be out of town. You could arrange to have your mail held while gone if necessary. I always make a list of things to do at home the day we leave too - shut all the blinds/curtains, turn down the thermostat, empty out any food that could spoil, unplug my wall plug-ins, turn the water off, etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter