10 day Park Hopper +

Pluto777

DIS Veteran
We are staying fro just over 2 weeks. I considered the cheaper option of MYW 10 day tix, but am intrigued by the 10 day PHP+ despite the extra cost (theres a bunch of us so I'm trying to save).

I know that once you use ANY DW tix the clock starts running and you have 14 days to use them, however, is it true that only the 10 day PHP+ could give you an activity (theme or water park to do) each of those 14 days? I'd lke to save a few hundred days, but if we lose 4 days of activities I would probably pay the extra. By the way, the plusses I know are water parks & miniGolf (I believe 10 visits), anything else I need to know to decide? Thanks!

There were 11 of us at Pop Century from 6/24/17 - 7/8/17 and we had 10 day park hopper + tickets and LOVED it! We were at a park every day, sometimes 2 a day waterpark or golf. I would do it again.

I would way the option and often have, on not the size of the party but whose in it. When you buy the park hopper (usually everyone especially if you bought them all through Disney and not a secondary site) everyone gets it. So if you have two 3 years and a 80 year old in your party, how many parks per day will they go too???? Plus then someone has to stay back with the 3 year old especially if they need naps or cant do Late Late nights.
Just something to think about, I have done both Park Hopper and No Park Hopper with parties of up to 9. I ended up using the park hopper twice on a 6 day trip, just to go out to dinner at Epcot after the kids went to bed.

I would way the option and often have, on not the size of the party but whose in it. When you buy the park hopper (usually everyone especially if you bought them all through Disney and not a secondary site) everyone gets it. So if you have two 3 years and a 80 year old in your party, how many parks per day will they go too???? Plus then someone has to stay back with the 3 year old especially if they need naps or cant do Late Late nights.
Just something to think about, I have done both Park Hopper and No Park Hopper with parties of up to 9. I ended up using the park hopper twice on a 6 day trip, just to go out to dinner at Epcot after the kids went to bed.
Personally IMO, and I could be wrong as I am not a 'Disney veteran', I would not buy a regular PH - only MYW or PHP+. I think the extra money between say a 10 day MYW vs a 10 Day PHP+ is not that much when you consider you are essentially getting 4 extra days of activities (mini golf & water parks) on top of the 10 days in the parks - so for me it's a choice of either MYW or PHP+. One gives you only 10 days of entertainment, and the other gives you 14. By the way, as I understand it (and I could be wrong) being able to 'hop' has another advantage in addition to just getting the ability to 'go nuts' and run through every park in a day; it enables someone to travel. For instance, if you wanted to get to MK from Studios (or vice versa) I think 'hopping' would allow you to use the monorail and then (because you HAVE a hopper) be able to walk through EPCOT to catch a ferry. This could be a timesaver. Not to mention the opportunity to dine in another park vs be confined to only one per day. Just my opinion.

I opted to get an AP for a 12 day stay.

I calculated possible savings using the AP discount on food and merchandise as part of my reasoning. Turned out to be the most cost effective for our situation. YMMV.

Hopping can be fun. Hopping can be unnecessary. If you are getting hoppers anyway, getting the plus gives you ten entrances to water parks/mini golf over the 14 day period as well as ten days in the main parks for I think an additional $15. That could easily fill out your 14 days with activities if you don't mind giving up the main parks on those days. Otherwise, the AP is a better deal.

We've done a 9 day PH 2 years in a row. I've thought about an AP but isn't there blackout dates?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter