10/6 at IOA and the crowds are back

MIB999999

<font color=purple>MIB Fantastic Four sensei<br><f
Got to IOA at 8:45 and went in the gates only to find that CMB thought the park was opening at 9:30 and the cinnimon rolls were not ready. Had the egg and ham and cheese sandwich instead and a cheese croissont. Both were excellent by the way. Did the dragons 3 times front row and 4 more times middle and rear. Went to JPRA and actually had two full cars in front of us. Headed to spidey and a 30 minute wait. did single riders at Doom which had a 30 minute wait. Went to Hulk next and it was 30 minutes. By the time we got done with hulk the line at Spidey and Hulk were at 60 and stayed that way thru most the early afternoon. We switched parks since my wife wanted to eat at monster's cafe. It was closed, La Bamba was closed and i was fuming. Left USF and went back to IOA. ate at Enchanted oak and the chicken was good. Finished the day at Hulk with the wait time at 4:00 pm showing 10 minutes. we rode and decided to do it again only the wait had gone to 25. we waited and when we were done the wait was 35 and they were outside the door.
The wait at dragons just before noon was in the hallway just before the ice room. I will not wait that long that far back toward's the beginning of the castle for this ride.
STORM FORCE ACCELETRON WAS UP AND RUNNING AS WELL!!!

Tell me about it! I was there today as well and the first surprise came when I saw they were using both garages again. I then saw all the hustle back in Citywalk and then IOA. The time board was listing 45 minutes for quite a few things, and I also noticed Storm Force open.

Unfortunately, it's just not like this on weekdays. I'm sure the fact that it's the first Saturday Horror Nights helped a bit as well..

We saved the last part of our Disney vacation for Universal and IOA. We were there on Thurs and Friday. What a disappointment!! Our boys are 49 inches the only *roller coaster* they could ride was the unicorn thing. Seems like we did a lot of walking around those parks with no rewards. The few attractions that were "shows" are poorly designed and do not offer a good view of anything for the kids that are pass the first couple of rows :(

On Friday the lines were long for many things at Universal. Back to the Future said a 10 minute wait......ended up waiting 45 minutes, seemed like all their wait times were way off! We enjoyed Twister, Nickelodeon and Spiderman. That was about it! We did go on the Hulk that was pretty good but we didn't do the others because the boys were so disappointed there wasn't anythng for them.

It was the first time in 10 years we have been to Universal and I can surely say we will not be back........

Melody

Hulk and Spider-man had their Singles lines open. I can't say if any others were open besides those two.

Originally posted by Barry Hom
Did Hulk have a single riders line open?

yes but not till later in the am or early pm.

10/7 Posidions fury tried to open twice and technical difficulties have prevented both times. as of 2:00 pm it had not had a complete show occur:o

Yes, we went to IOA and USF today and found them both a little crowded. There were lots of long lines caused, IMO, by rides not operating with enough CM's. For example, one person taking names at ET, only one side of BTTF open, etc. It was really a little unpleasant, I'm afraid to say, and I love both parks. I felt they needed twice the personnel.

There were lots of long lines caused, IMO, by rides not operating with enough CM's. For example, one person taking names at ET, only one side of BTTF open, etc

I think this has A LOT to do with the long lines. We stayed at the HRH last night and went to the Studios today. After we cleared the person taking names on ET we encountered a HUGE line and when we reached the area where the queue splits off for Express pass users, the Express line was blocked by a chain and a garbage can. I had had enough at this point and decided to take it upon myself to 'reopen the Express queue'. I removed chain and pushed aside the trash can and we quickly made it to the front, showed our room keycards and got right on. The CM's probably weren't too happy after that having to deal with everyone who then flooded into the Express line since there was nobody at the point I removed the chain to verify that those entering the line were allowed to. That's there problem though...with a 45 minute wait there was no excuse to not have that line open.

btw: Express was working fine on all other attractions...at least for hotel guests.

FYI. The express machines were up and running on the weekends. i do not believe they are working thru the week since the crowd just does not justify it at this time. :bounce:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter