10/26/2013 - A Western Fantasy Halloween Cruise

Hi everyone. We have 2 cabins booked on this cruise. DW (MJK) and myself (PKK) our DD and her DH will be joining us. We both booked with the discount we received from Disney for traveling on the 10/20 cruise which got punished by hurricane Sandy. We were battered by 75-85 MPH gusts of wind the night before we arrived back at port.

We are on our 14th DCL cruise and 2nd on the Fantasy. Our DD is on her 11th. We love DCL and staying at WDW, we are DVC members since 1993.

Haloween events were fun, trick and treating events for kids, coustume party and prizes (adults only) even though kids attended in costumes.

We love this Halloween time cruising as my birthday is 10/30. We also try to do the WDW Halloween party either before or after the cruises.

Favorite Disney Charactors: Me -Scrooge, DW Snow White, DD any of the Princesses.

What to bring: Me - JW Black scotch, DW - IPad, DD - her DH (Got married in a Disney wedding 4/12/12)

Singing - I couldn't carry a tune in a bucket according to DW so count me out.

We would love to do the candy sharing event.

Phil (PKK)

It's been a long time since I've been on here... so hey to all the new people:wave2:

I have to say my favourite character is tow-mater...surprise:lmao:
what I can't leave without is straightener and rum
favourite karaoke song is... whatever Wendy and Joh make me sing!:rotfl:

Oh Joh you don't have to say anything... We can just watch the video :rotfl2:

just for fun I tried to search for the video on fb and I can't find it! There is no evidence Cassie! :rotfl2:

Itinerary Disclaimer
The following information is based on previous cruises. Please use the navigators given out on this cruise to ensure all information is still current. Thanks!

DIS Events
While these are called "DIS Events", you can actually get more information on them by heading to the account on Facebook, but feel free to ask for more information here and someone might be answer questions for you!

FB group - http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=28549569&postcount=61

------------------------------------ ------------------------------------ ------------------------------------

Saturday, 10/26
Port Canaveral, Florida

Ashore: NA Aboard: 3:45 pm

1:30 PM - Stateroom ready
by 5:30 PM - Luggage at your door
4:00 PM - Life Boat Drill, ALL MUST ATTEND (age doesn't matter!)
4:30 PM - Sailing Away Party, decks 11/12, Midship

Attire: Cruise Casual
Show: A Fantasy Come True: Welcome Show
Dinner Menu: MDR Rotational
Animator's Palate: Pacific Rim
Enchanted Garden: Continental Market Cuisine
Royal Court: French Dinner Cuisine​
DIS Events
Meet & Greet, 2:45-3:45, D-Lounge

------------------------------------ ------------------------------------ ------------------------------------

Sunday, 10/27
AT SEA

Attire: Formal
Show: Disney's Aladdin A Musical Spectacular

Castaway Club Party [for Gold & Platinum members]

7bf53a20a1582511e58eeb5b8b30f963.jpg

DIS Events
Private Mixology Group 1 (this event is full)
Skyline Lounge; 1-2pm; $15

Private Mixology Group 2 (this event is full)
Skyline Lounge; 3-4pm; $15

Before going to bed tonight, turn your clock BACK 1 HOUR.

Monday, 10/28
Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands

Ashore: 11:30 am Aboard: 4:45 pm

Show: TBD

Tuesday, 10/29
Costa Maya, Mexico

Ashore: 1:00 pm Aboard: 5:30 pm

Show: Disney Wishes
Dinner Menu: Prince & Princess

Prince & Princess Menus
Adult Menu 1
[Specialty Cocktails, Appetizers, Soups & Salads and Bread Service]

> > >
http://disneycruiselineblog.com/wp-...ince-and-Princess-Dinner-Menu-Royal-Court.jpg

Adult Menu 2

[Main Course, Vegetarian Options and Lighter Note Offerings]

> > >
http://disneycruiselineblog.com/wp-...ince-and-Princess-Dinner-Menu-Royal-Court.jpg

Kid’s Menu 1
> > >
http://disneycruiselineblog.com/wp-...Prince-and-Princess-Dinner-Childrens-Menu.jpg

DIS Events
Tropicante

Wednesday, 10/30
Cozumel, Mexico

Ashore: 8:30 am Aboard: 5:30 pm

Attire: Cruise Casual/Pirate
Dinner Menu: Pirate

Pirate Celebration, 7:45 pm, Decks 11 & 12
Fireworks, 10:30 pm, Decks 11 & 12
Pirate Buffet, 10:45 pm to 11:30 pm, Cabanas, Deck 11 Aft​

Before going to bed tonight, turn your clock FORWARD 1 hour.

DIS Events
Nachi Cocom

Thursday, 10/31
AT SEA

Attire: Halloween Costume/Semi-Formal
Show: Disney's Believe
Dinner Menu: Captains Gala

DCL Events
Deck Party, 4:30
Family Bash, 10:30 pm
Adult Costume Party, 10:15-10:30 pm
Halloween Adult Party, 11:30 pm

DIS Events
Private Mixology Group 3 (this event is full)
Skyline Lounge; 1-2pm; $15

Cabin Crawl, 12:30 PM, Vista Café $5

Friday, 11/1
Castaway Cay

Ashore: 9:30 am Aboard: 4:30 pm

Show: An Unforgettable Journey
Dinner Menu: Sea Ya Real Soon

BsqB8eaobr1318274734870_normal.jpg

Castaway Cay, 5K Race
Meet at 9am at O’Gills

5k.jpg

CastawayCay_zps29ccae2a.jpg

Saturday, 11/2
Port Canaveral, Florida

Ashore: 7:30 am Aboard: NA

If your flight leaves MCO before 1:00 PM, they request you are off of the ship by 8:00 am.
Otherwise, everyone should be off by 9:00 am.
BUT must be out of your staterooms by 8:00 am.

Breakfast will be in the same restaurant as your dinner the night before.
If you chose to not eat in the MDR the night before, your breakfast will be where ever you were scheduled to eat.

Main seating is 6:45 am, late is 8:00 am
If you don't like your time, you can eat in Cabanas (or take your meal out to the pool deck) until 8:30 am

Disembarkation starts when US Customs clears the ship. This is normally 7:30 am

Get to know some of our fellow cruisers through their pre-trip reports . . .

:wave2: PrincessTrisha http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3124832

:wave2: tow-mater-1 http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3112282

:wave2: wilma-bride http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3150695

Magnets!

The stateroom doors on the cruise ship are magnetic. You will see doors decorated in many different ways. You are not permitted to use tape or glue to adhere anything to your door – which makes magnets a FANTASTIC choice!

These decorations will make your door unique which is fun for others to see, and makes it easier for your children to find their stateroom.

Here is some art work, so you can create your own magnets . . .

Dumbo with the Fantasy Logo:

disney-fantasy-dumbo.jpg

dumbo-disney-fantasy.jpg

15979_10151882126175664_1117924851_n.jpg

Disney Halloween:

disney-halloween-clip-art-10.jpg
Disney-Happy-Halloween-disney-8680852-547-388.gif

disney_halloween_thumb.png
DisneyCruiseHalloween.jpg

Disney Pirates:

img-thing
disney-halloween_1.png

Disney_Halloween_Goofey_Pirate_Costume-1-325x370Trans.gif

PirateGroup-1.gif

donswords.gif

Some examples of doors:

il_570xN.491754425_spuk.jpg

pepecabin.JPG
DisneyWindowDecor4.jpg

little-mermaid-disney-cruise-door-300x300.jpg
jack-sparrow-disney-cruise-door-cropped-300x265.jpg

disney-fantasy-cruise-western-caribbean-stateroom-deck-9-14.jpg

Hi everyone my name is Nicole. My family and I will also be on this cruise and would love to join your FE group. It will be myself, my son Anthony age 11 and my parents Bob and Connie. They will be celebrating their 30th wedding anniversary. We are sharing one cabin but will be participating separate. Anthony and myself will be giving FE gifts and Connie and Bob will be giving theirs. Looking forward to meeting everyone in 324 days :)

Hi everyone my name is Nicole. My family and I will also be on this cruise and would love to join your FE group. It will be myself, my son Anthony age 11 and my parents Bob and Connie. They will be celebrating their 30th wedding anniversary. We are sharing one cabin but will be participating separate. Anthony and myself will be giving FE gifts and Connie and Bob will be giving theirs. Looking forward to meeting everyone in 324 days :)

Welcome Aboard the cruise. :cool1:

The current FE list is being rebooted on FB as a living document that anyone in the group can edit to their information.

Unfortunately, there is no document capability here on DIS. So, please head over to FB an add your information to that list.

Or someone can volunteer to be the go-between.

FB group - https://www.facebook.com/groups/112168225574806/

Hi everyone!

We're excited to be booked in Cabin 6098 on the 10/26 Halloween sailing too! Cast of characters are me (Phil-38), DW39, DD8 & DD5! It will be our 5th Disney Cruise as a family!

I'll be checking in over at the Facebook Group next!

Phil

IM so excited! my family and i will be joining all of you on this wonderful vacation. we booked the cruise pretty much right after getting off our cruise on the wonder in mar . it was amazing and i cant wait to take this trip, now that xmas is over it's officially time to think DISNEY!!!

i would love to do the fe... i dont know much about it.. can someone please fill me in on how it works....

I would like to learn more about this FE extender before I commit, is that okay?

PS its me (Elizabeth)
dh
ds 13
dd 7

Cousin, her dh, her dd(16) and ds(13)

Hey everyone!!! So we r still booked for this cruise so I thought I should start following this thread once again.
We have been on several Disney cruises and one right around Halloween where my girls dressed up and there was trick or rreat stations all ober the shipbut we have never been on one on halloween.... For those of you that have how is it? What does the cruise line set up... Fill me in please. Thanks!

Hi all! Wife and I just booked for this exact sailing and looking forward to it! she is a massive Disney fan! i know its still 10months away but i am sure time will fly!.... well lets hope so anyway!

Schumi5 said:
Hi all! Wife and I just booked for this exact sailing and looking forward to it! she is a massive Disney fan! i know its still 10months away but i am sure time will fly!.... well lets hope so anyway!

Welcome aboard. The group is getting bigger by the minute! Can't wait to get on board and start relaxing! :)

hi all. me and dh will be on this cruise as a first part of a b2b. not sure if we want to participate in fe but would like to be able to join in on the pre cruise excitement. :cool1:
I see there is a fb group. is it open or is there something I need to do? is most conversation on dis or there? hard to tell with the groups now.

Hi everyone we are just off the Fantasy yesterday on our New Years Eve Cruise

pixiedust: HAPPY NEW. YEAR EVERYONE. pixiedust:

Had such a wanderfull time we had to go back really soon :cool1:

We are Katty (DW) Liliam (DD 20 at time of this cruise) and me Manny.

We are still at DIsney World enjoying our vacation so eventually I will read throug from pg one.

And the countdown begins again :lmao:

IM so excited! my family and i will be joining all of you on this wonderful vacation. we booked the cruise pretty much right after getting off our cruise on the wonder in mar . it was amazing and i cant wait to take this trip, now that xmas is over it's officially time to think DISNEY!!!

i would love to do the fe... i dont know much about it.. can someone please fill me in on how it works....

the fe (fish extender) is hung outside your door and you exchange gifts with other people who are doing the fe. The gifts that you exchange can be what ever you would like to give. Some of the gifts were really nice and handmade. It is amazing the imagination of some of the givers because the gifts were very nice. We have only done the fe once and will do it on this cruise. We were very happy with everything we got. you can go on e-bay or google to see what a fe looks like. if you are handy with a sewing machine they are easy to make. my wife made ours. if you have any questions please ask.:yay:

I would like to learn more about this FE extender before I commit, is that okay?

PS its me (Elizabeth)
dh
ds 13
dd 7

Cousin, her dh, her dd(16) and ds(13)

the fe (fish extender) is hung outside your door and you exchange gifts with other people who are doing the fe. The gifts that you exchange can be what ever you would like to give. Some of the gifts were really nice some were store bought and some were handmade. It is amazing the imagination of some of the givers because the gifts were very nice. We have only done the fe once and will do it on this cruise. We were very happy with everything we got. you can go on e-bay or google to see what a fe looks like. if you are handy with a sewing machine they are easy to make. my wife made ours. if you have any questions please ask.:yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter