10/24/2009 Bash On the Boat (I'm with B.O.B.) - Thread 24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is the cool t shirt I picked up yesterday.

utf-8BSU1HMDAwODgtMjAwOTA3MDctMjA0M.jpg

Picture I bought to hang in my office. I will need to get a nice frame when I get home. This is my favorite fighter jet...F-16.
utf-8BSU1HMDAwODctMjAwOTA3MDctMjAzO.jpg

very cool shirt Chris:thumbsup2

Did anyone notice AFEG's shirt at the 4th shin dig? That's an awesome one as well.:rotfl:

Nice shirts, you need to come down this way, we see them, hear them, feel them daily.

Here are the handful of pictures that Jay and I managed to take while enjoying everyone's company at Jeff and Suz's house:

Paige & Nancy ... Jeff is lurking there in the back
P7040001.jpg

Bendy, Nancy & Paige AKA AFEG's Harem
P7040002.jpg

Chuck, Nancy & Chris ... I like to call this A Study in Dual Photography
P7040003.jpg

Robin, Mike & Cass
P7040004.jpg

Jen
P7040005.jpg

Chris, Al & Cheryl .... Chris was horrifying us all by sharing the price of admission to Wimbeldon in US currency
P7040006.jpg

Jen, Robin, Mike & Cass
P7040008.jpg

Nancy, Chris & Al ... DIG THE HAT!!!
P7040009.jpg

Now it's time for me to request prayers - Dave's dad is in the hospital tonight for a lung infection. Almost 3 months ago he was treated for Esphogeal Cancer and he's been recovering - slowly - but getting there. He's not been feeling well lately and my MIL took him to the ER tonight and they admitted him. The doc said it wasn't related to his surgery, but since his body is still healing, it may have hurt a bit.

THanks in advance for the prayers. Happy post will come next!!;)

Hey Brian, I hadn't noticed before that you were from Chicago. I'm from a suburb called Harvey. Lived there until I was 7 or 8. Every once in a while we go back to visit relatives.

Small world!! I grew up in Riverdale, 1 block from Kickapoo Woods.

Nice shirts, you need to come down this way, we see them, hear them, feel them daily.
I would love that!
Now it's time for me to request prayers - Dave's dad is in the hospital tonight for a lung infection. Almost 3 months ago he was treated for Esphogeal Cancer and he's been recovering - slowly - but getting there. He's not been feeling well lately and my MIL took him to the ER tonight and they admitted him. The doc said it wasn't related to his surgery, but since his body is still healing, it may have hurt a bit.

Prayers and :grouphug: for him and your family.

Ok - happy post... I talked to both of my girls tonight and the rain stopped this afternoon and they were able to take their first dip of their visit in mamaw and papaw's pool!! They had a blast. Then they went over to visit MY grandma - who lives in a nearby retirement community.

This is my FAVORITE grandma :lovestruc:lovestruc(i know..shouldn't play faves...) but this woman - when I was in college in Tampa - drove from Arkansas, down to Tampa, took me to Disneyworld for a few days and then drove me home to Virginia. This was back in 1992 (or 1993) and she was almost 70 then. She drove across the country and traveled until recently. She went with my parents AND kids to WDW last 4th of July and the girls LOVED it since grandma was in a wheelchair and they got to get on rides early! LOL. THey were lucky to get those memories because 2 weeks later, she had a stroke.

She is MUCH MUCH better - slowly. She moved down to Pensacola and into a retirement facility (not assisted living) and the girls told me "they went to visit the old people". Becca (my youngest DD) will talk to EVERYONE in the world - knows NO strangers (kind of scary sometimes) and I know they had a good time.

Ok - sorry for the run ons. Going to catch up on the posts and head to bed.

Will do...:hug:

Here are a few more pics from today.

We went to a peach orchard and a major distribution site for Georgia peaches. It seemed like a tourist attraction and before taking a tour of the plant, we enjoyed some peach ice cream.

Sorting the peaches...
utf-8BSU1HMDAwODItMjAwOTA3MDctMTQzO.jpg

Some kids never grow up!
utf-8BSU1HMDAwODUtMjAwOTA3MDctMTUwO.jpg

Love these pictures Chris!! HOw cool to see the peaches. Reminds me of all the shows I watch on the TV Food Network (I'm FASCINATED by how things are made!!)

Count me in for Big Brother. Maybe that will get me away from MouseWorld Radio. :rotfl2:

Bit ashamed, but I will be there watching BB as well. :sad2: Can't help it (but really - there is NOTHING else on tv!!)

Hey everyone...We are enjoying our last evening in Georgia. The kids are hopefully settling down, the adults except for me are gearing up for a card game. I just don't do card games! I will find something to do, read a book, DIS if anyone is around, etc.

We are going to head back north around lunch time tomorrow, stopping in North Carolina at the same hotel we stayed in on the way down. I left my AAA tour books at home, and don't wish to play Russian Roulette in taking a chance on an I-95 hotel. They are hit and miss. The Best Western we stayed at on the way down was AAA approved, was clean, had nice amenities, a nice pool and the price was good. We decided to make a ressie for there for the way home.

Oh, I bought a cool shirt at the gift shop at the Museum of Aviation yesterday. I will have to post a picture of it.

Chris - have a SAFE Trip back home. Earlier you showed a pic of South of the Border - Pedro says HI!!! :-) We stopped there once on our way to WDW in 2006 and took lots of pictures with the animal statues, but really, nothing else worth looking at. Dave DID find a boxing nun puppet he wanted to get. (Be careful of the gift shops, sometimes they have NOT so appropriate gifts in them for kids' eyes!) :eek:

Love these pictures Chris!! HOw cool to see the peaches. Reminds me of all the shows I watch on the TV Food Network (I'm FASCINATED by how things are made!!)

Chris - have a SAFE Trip back home. Earlier you showed a pic of South of the Border - Pedro says HI!!! :-) We stopped there once on our way to WDW in 2006 and took lots of pictures with the animal statues, but really, nothing else worth looking at. Dave DID find a boxing nun puppet he wanted to get. (Be careful of the gift shops, sometimes they have NOT so appropriate gifts in them for kids' eyes!) :eek:
Thanks! I was sad when I left my "real" camera home and had to rely on my BlackBerry. It does ok, but my other camera seems much sharper. It's also fun to have the ability to just take my phone out of its holster and snap a shot when you want to. It's really spontaneous!

As far as South of the Border goes. We used to stop there on every trip down I-95 as a kid and young adult. My last trip down that road prior to this one, was in 2001 and all I smelled was trash. I was kind of repulsed. When I pointed it out on the horizon around the time that picture was snapped, Elaine said, "we are not stopping there!" I was fine with it. We stopped a few miles down the road at the South Carolina Welcome Center.

I did notice that there were not as many signs for it as there used to be. I remember driving down in 1996 and there being signs pretty much every mile through NC.

Oooohhhhh!!! Just found out that my new computer should be arriving tomorrow!! Yay!!!! Can't wait to try it out. We are getting an iMac (going from a PC). The last Apple computer I had was an Apple II E - well, I didn't have it, my parents did!!:lmao:

Hope I can figure it out!!!

Thanks! I was sad when I left my "real" camera home and had to rely on my BlackBerry. It does ok, but my other camera seems much sharper. It's also fun to have the ability to just take my phone out of its holster and snap a shot when you want to. It's really spontaneous!

As far as South of the Border goes. We used to stop there on every trip down I-95 as a kid and young adult. My last trip down that road prior to this one, was in 2001 and all I smelled was trash. I was kind of repulsed. When I pointed it out on the horizon around the time that picture was snapped, Elaine said, "we are not stopping there!" I was fine with it. We stopped a few miles down the road at the South Carolina Welcome Center.

I did notice that there were not as many signs for it as there used to be. I remember driving down in 1996 and there being signs pretty much every mile through NC.

Stinks about your camera! When we went to NYC last year (for the first time - I want to live there now!) and saw a "behind the scenes" tour at the Gershwin Theatre (where Wicked is) - my one camera konked out on us and we had to use my daughter's little cheapy digital camcorder - which didn't take great pics. Your pictures turned out great though!

You are right about not as many signs as there used to be. We've only been in Virginia for - oh HECK - 19 years (now I feel old.....) and when we would travel down 95, you couldn't go 5 miles without some really cheesy Pedro sign. I like driving by there at night to see the Sombrero lit up. Girls will want to stop in October, but I'll say - come on ..... need to get to the ship!! :banana:

Oooohhhhh!!! Just found out that my new computer should be arriving tomorrow!! Yay!!!! Can't wait to try it out. We are getting an iMac (going from a PC). The last Apple computer I had was an Apple II E - well, I didn't have it, my parents did!!:lmao:

Hope I can figure it out!!!
My first computer was an Apple IIC that I bought off a teacher at my HS. It worked well for me for HS and college.

I have considered going MAC for our next computer, but Elaine and I each have fairly new Dell's. She has a netbook and mine is a widescreen. Mine is GIANT compared to hers!

Stinks about your camera! When we went to NYC last year (for the first time - I want to live there now!) and saw a "behind the scenes" tour at the Gershwin Theatre (where Wicked is) - my one camera konked out on us and we had to use my daughter's little cheapy digital camcorder - which didn't take great pics. Your pictures turned out great though!

You are right about not as many signs as there used to be. We've only been in Virginia for - oh HECK - 19 years (now I feel old.....) and when we would travel down 95, you couldn't go 5 miles without some really cheesy Pedro sign. I like driving by there at night to see the Sombrero lit up. Girls will want to stop in October, but I'll say - come on ..... need to get to the ship!! :banana:
We will keep driving tomorrow as well. The kids did see the rickety old overpriced rides there, but I guess air conditioning, DVD's and iPods were more appealing at the time!

My first computer was an Apple IIC that I bought off a teacher at my HS. It worked well for me for HS and college.

I have considered going MAC for our next computer, but Elaine and I each have fairly new Dell's. Her's is a netbook and mine is a widescreen. Mine is GIANT compared to hers!

Isn't it funny that our Apple II computers had about 64 K of memory - when today it's so much higher? I think the iMac we got will have 1 TB (Terrabyte) and it will cost HALF as much as my Apple IIE did back in the early 80s. Technology is absolutely amazing!

I remember taking a computer programming class in 7th grade (BASIC computer language) and we had tvs as the monitors. THat was the year the CHallenger disaster occured and I vividly remember going into class and seeing the news coverage on every screen (WAYYYYY before internet - just rabbit ears). We also had the Tandy computers that were all one piece.

Ahhhhh.... memories!

Well Chris - fancy a race for the Googley - or is JEFF out there lurking! :surfweb:

(Just kidding swiper!!!!)

I was headed to bed and then saw the post count - thought I would try!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter