10/24/2009 Bash On the Boat (I'm with B.O.B.) - Thread 24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cass ... loved loved loved the chocolates! Jay liked the Mars Bars and we both thought the coffee bar was tasty but I'm over the moon about the milk chocolate bar filled with runny caramel. :cloud9:

I could eat those non-stop until I grow a second butt. :rotfl2:

Hey Brenda...good to here from you.

Found that cocktail:

A Stroke of Genius
Crème de Cacau dark
151 run
ice cream mix
pina colada mix

Sure... Shoot.

Thanks.

I use a DSL line for internet access, the Modem is connected to a Linksys Wireless N router. I have two computers (wife's and daughters'), a D-link router and a printer connected to it. On the other router I have two computers(mine and son's) and a network drive connected. I've been noticing for a while that when my daughter begins her computer, all computers loose access to the internet. I can still see and access all intranet assets but access to the internet is spotty and drops out frequently. This behaviour immediately stops once her computer is no longer in use.

The problem stumps me because, I know that there is no problem with the linksys router, it is new (replaced because I thought it was dying when I first started having this problem) and the previous router did the same. Besides I'm able to see and access the other computers (even my daughters). It's not the DSL modem or connection because it works perfectly any other time. I thought about swapping out Leah's Cat5 cable to see if it was a cabling issue and possibly installing a third party network card on the computer. (I built the computer myself and used the onboard network card.)

Any other ideas on troubleshooting?

Hello all!

My GF and I will be joining all of you DISer's on the B.O.B. as I have just paid off our cruise in full. Now for the countdown...

A little information about us... Brian (me) an IT guy from the Chicago area, and Sue (GF), a benefits manager for a community college. I used to be a moderator on the Disboards, from 2002-2006, including the Collector's Board, the old Debate Board..(Good riddance on that board!!) and right here on the DCL boards. I have been on 3 Disney cruises, including both WB Panama Repos, but this is Sue's first cruise. We both cannot wait to get on board!!!!

I sent all of my info on to JLDSMD, but the info hasn't appeared on page one yet... (It's been a few weeks).

Anyway, we are looking forward to a great cruise!!!!

Brian,

Welcome to the B.O.B. and glad to see you found your way to the thread. Now that you've introduced yourself to the group, I have added you to the first post.

Great group of cruisers here. The thread moves quick at times but just jump in wherever.

Good morning all! We are getting ready for the wedding which is on Sat. It has been very stressful the last week or so but it will be over soon. :mickeybar I will have some great stories for CC. The cruise is one of the things getting me through all of the drama. I am going to try and catch up on the thread. :surfweb:

Wow, it's here already!! Just think, after Saturday you can rest and relax and start planning for the cruise! :woohoo:

A friend we met on the 4th hole...
utf-8BSU1HMDAwNzMtMjAwOTA3MDctMTAxO.jpg

There's no way I would be golfing with him around :scared1: Looks like you are having a great trip :cool1:

Hello all!

My GF and I will be joining all of you DISer's on the B.O.B. as I have just paid off our cruise in full. Now for the countdown...

A little information about us... Brian (me) an IT guy from the Chicago area, and Sue (GF), a benefits manager for a community college. I used to be a moderator on the Disboards, from 2002-2006, including the Collector's Board, the old Debate Board..(Good riddance on that board!!) and right here on the DCL boards. I have been on 3 Disney cruises, including both WB Panama Repos, but this is Sue's first cruise. We both cannot wait to get on board!!!!

I sent all of my info on to JLDSMD, but the info hasn't appeared on page one yet... (It's been a few weeks).

Welcome Brian and Sue! I recognized your Dis name right away and remember when you were a mod. Glad you could join us :woohoo: This is going to be an awesome cruise!!! :yay:

Yay!! Someone else who watches trash tv!!! (So ashamed to admit it - but I did watch it as well).:rolleyes1

Can't wait to see the "Men tell all" episode!!:woohoo:

I'm not ashamed ;) Big Brother starts Thursday :cool1::woohoo::banana:

I put a bit on, but I expected that having to eat out all weekend.

Its not defeated me though - I got straight back to counting my points yesterday:thumbsup2 I'm aiming to save 2 each day and earn 1 activity point each day too.

Good for you Karen getting back on track!! I'm right there with you! I started back yesterday on my weight loss journey and don't plan on stopping until October 15 when I leave for WDW :goodvibes

Wow! Take a couple days off from reading the posts and KABLOOM – I’ve got 25 pages to catch up on!!:lmao:

I think I’ve responded to most everyone’s exciting news. Looks like the BOB get together was so much fun! I can’t wait to meet you all in October.

My girls are safely with mamaw and papaw in Pensacola, Florida today. :banana: They flew from Virginia to Atlanta by themselves yesterday and my parents met them in Atlanta. They got home late last night, but are excited to go swimming. Of course, today it’s RAINING – so they will have to wait (poor girls!)

The crick in my neck has finally gone – but not before I went last night and got a massage. As my friend called it, I got the “exorcist” kind – she beat the SNOT out of me and I’m sore all over, but my neck is SO much better. She was GREAT (and I PAID for her to hurt me???):laughing:

Well – since today is the first official FULL day of “no kids” – don’t know exactly what me and Dave will do :rolleyes1…. Probably just collapse from exhaustion! I probably ought to start getting ready for my trip to Chicago next week – going to a White Sox game while we are there – can’t wait!!!

TTFN!

Enjoy your alone time Angie :love:

Good morning all! We are getting ready for the wedding which is on Sat. It has been very stressful the last week or so but it will be over soon. :mickeybar I will have some great stories for CC. The cruise is one of the things getting me through all of the drama. I am going to try and catch up on the thread. :surfweb:

Oh, Yay! Leisha, I hope it all goes beautifully!:wizard:pixiedust::hug:

Thanks.

I use a DSL line for internet access, the Modem is connected to a Linksys Wireless N router. I have two computers (wife's and daughters'), a D-link router and a printer connected to it. On the other router I have two computers(mine and son's) and a network drive connected. I've been noticing for a while that when my daughter begins her computer, all computers loose access to the internet. I can still see and access all intranet assets but access to the internet is spotty and drops out frequently. This behaviour immediately stops once her computer is no longer in use.

The problem stumps me because, I know that there is no problem with the linksys router, it is new (replaced because I thought it was dying when I first started having this problem) and the previous router did the same. Besides I'm able to see and access the other computers (even my daughters). It's not the DSL modem or connection because it works perfectly any other time. I thought about swapping out Leah's Cat5 cable to see if it was a cabling issue and possibly installing a third party network card on the computer. (I built the computer myself and used the onboard network card.)

Any other ideas on troubleshooting?

when you lose internet can you ping the gateway ip?
can you ping the routers wan ip?
can you ping the ISP's dns servers?
This is what you do at first to determine where the break is.

Welcome Brian and Sue! I recognized your Dis name right away and remember when you were a mod. Glad you could join us :woohoo: This is going to be an awesome cruise!!! :yay:

And I remember enjoying reading about your adventures with your family. It's a shame that you had to remove them. :sad1:

Brian,

Welcome to the B.O.B. and glad to see you found your way to the thread. Now that you've introduced yourself to the group, I have added you to the first post.

Great group of cruisers here. The thread moves quick at times but just jump in wherever.

Thanks!

Welcome aboard! I am Chris. My travelling party consists of DW Elaine, DD 9 Samantha, and DS7, Jay. We are also travelling with my parents and sister. We live in the Constitution State...Connecticut. This is our 2nd DCL Cruise and 3rd cruise. We cruised with RCCL for our first cruise.

Thanks and Hello!!!!

:welcome:

Welcome Brian and Sue!!!! I just joined this board a month or so ago and these guys are QUITE chatty - but so Wonderfully friendly. A lot of them were on a cruise before and know each other, but welcomed people like me with open arms.:yay:

Can't wait to get to know you! I'll be up in your neck of the woods next week (Chicago) for a convention! Any good Chicago Pizza suggestions? Someone told me Edwardos was good.

Welcome again!

Hi! Lou Malnati's Pizza is my favorite, but Giordano's, Gino's East and Nancy's all have good deep dish.

Here are a few more pics from today.

We went to a peach orchard and a major distribution site for Georgia peaches. It seemed like a tourist attraction and before taking a tour of the plant, we enjoyed some peach ice cream.

Sorting the peaches...
utf-8BSU1HMDAwODItMjAwOTA3MDctMTQzO.jpg

After sorting, getting the stickers on them...
utf-8BSU1HMDAwNzgtMjAwOTA3MDctMTQzN.jpg

Kids on a John Deere Model B antique tractor
utf-8BSU1HMDAwODQtMjAwOTA3MDctMTUwO.jpg

Some kids never grow up!
utf-8BSU1HMDAwODUtMjAwOTA3MDctMTUwO.jpg

Hello all!

Hi Brian, I'm Rose and I'm traveling with my high school friend June (BF couldn't go on planned cruise.... boo hoo).
I've sailed with some of these fun folks back in 2007 and can't wait to go with them again!:yay:

Wow! Take a couple days off from reading the posts and KABLOOM – I’ve got 25 pages to catch up on!!:lmao:

I think I’ve responded to most everyone’s exciting news. Looks like the BOB get together was so much fun! I can’t wait to meet you all in October.

My girls are safely with mamaw and papaw in Pensacola, Florida today. :banana: They flew from Virginia to Atlanta by themselves yesterday and my parents met them in Atlanta. They got home late last night, but are excited to go swimming. Of course, today it’s RAINING – so they will have to wait (poor girls!)

The crick in my neck has finally gone – but not before I went last night and got a massage. As my friend called it, I got the “exorcist” kind – she beat the SNOT out of me and I’m sore all over, but my neck is SO much better. She was GREAT (and I PAID for her to hurt me???):laughing:

Well – since today is the first official FULL day of “no kids” – don’t know exactly what me and Dave will do :rolleyes1…. Probably just collapse from exhaustion! I probably ought to start getting ready for my trip to Chicago next week – going to a White Sox game while we are there – can’t wait!!!

TTFN!

Glad your neck is better Angie:thumbsup2

Karen, This reminded me of an patient a few days ago. The boy got curious about his epi-pen and was playing with it. He decided to touch the tip of the pen with his index finger. It went off firing the needle right into the tuft (bone) of his finger. This caused a spiraling of the needle making removal extremely difficult and painful. Needless to say he won't be playing with the epi-pen again.

:eek::scared1:

I normally eat Little Debbie snack cakes for breakfast but my family doesn't have any in their house. I have been pigging out on the Fruity Pebbles though!

Back from golf. We played 9 holes as the old guys I was with didn't want to push it and play 18. Here are some pictures.

Me Teeing off
utf-8BSU1HMDAwNzUtMjAwOTA3MDctMTA1N.jpg

Me putting...
utf-8BSU1HMDAwNzQtMjAwOTA3MDctMTA1M.jpg

A friend we met on the 4th hole...
utf-8BSU1HMDAwNzMtMjAwOTA3MDctMTAxO.jpg

utf-8BSU1HMDAwNzItMjAwOTA3MDctMTAxN.jpg

:scared1::scared1::scared1:

Hello all!

Hi. Welcome to the BOB! I am lori traveling with my DH Scott and our 3 kids. It is our 3rd Eastern and we love it. Glad you will be joining us.:woohoo:

TTFN!

I think you and Dave should go to Busch Gardens tomorrow.:thumbsup2 We will be there. We have passes already and we want to use them.

when you lose internet can you ping the gateway ip?
can you ping the routers wan ip?
can you ping the ISP's dns servers?
This is what you do at first to determine where the break is.

I'll try to ping. I haven't done that yet. I hadn't tried it because it appears to me that there is some signal coming from the errant computer that seems to be disconnecting me from the ISP. Once that computer is shut down, the disconnection stops and I have full access. I was thinking that it may be some bizarre setting that on her computer that was causing the break.

Thanks

Hey Brian, I hadn't noticed before that you were from Chicago. I'm from a suburb called Harvey. Lived there until I was 7 or 8. Every once in a while we go back to visit relatives.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter