10/24-10/27 trip report, Day 3

Mommy2PrincessAbby

DIS Veteran
Our trip report for October 24-27, 2007.

Cast of characters, me (the mommy), my hubby (the daddy), and our 3 ½ year old princess fanatic!

Day 3--Friday

Up again at 6:45 AM, had DD up at 7 AM and we were out the door at 7:15 AM (with DD in another new Princess tee from Tink) and headed for Jazz Kitchen Express… we had Toon Town that morning when the park opened at 8, so we were in a bit of a hurry. Jazz Kitchen Express doesn’t open until 8!! So we ended up at La Brea for a very quick breakfast (long line at 7:30!) and hurried to the gates.

We were about 30 people back in line when the gates opened, and as soon as we got in the park we practically ran for Toon Town. Got there at 8:10, and the “show” started at 8:20, it was lots of fun… got a button (we ended up with quite the collection of buttons) and then did Roger Rabbit, Goofy’s House, Donald’s Boat, Go-Coaster, Chip & Dale’s House, & Minnie’s House… plus played with all the stuff there is to play with. We skipped Mickey because of the line. So if you want to see Mickey, go there 1st after the show and the line should be quicker. We left Toon Town at 9:05 right as it opened to the main group.

Next we headed to Autopia which was one of the longest waits we had all week (20 minutes), then had snack while I got a Space FP, and then we did Buzz again. We walked over to do the Tiki Room but the next show was 20 minutes, so we went up to check out the line for the Mansion and it was long… so we went to Pirate Island instead for 20 minutes or so… it wasn’t really my DD’s idea of fun… but it was a nice diversion. By then we were supposed to be at Rainforest for a PS in 10 minutes. So we thought, let’s hop on the train (not the monorail) and take it back to main street and it will be less walking…. Yes it was less walking, but it was about 10 minutes just from New Orleans Sq to Main Street… so we were late for our PS (by at least 10 minutes) but they seated us right away anyway.

After the best lunch… DD and I went back to DLH for a nap… and DH got brave and went and rode Space, Star Tours, Screamin’ and ToT. We met him at DCA around 3:30 PM and did the Aladdin show (we had premier seating passes—and it was soooo awesome!) then we did Turtle Talk.

We were supposed to be at Steakhouse 55 for dinner at 5:30… it was now 5, and we didn’t want to walk out and back in again. Error in judgment. Next trip, all dinner PSs will be in the park. So we tried to get dinner at 5 pm in the park… ha ha ha… not on a Friday without a PS. Ended up at Hungry Bear (30 minutes in line) for hamburgers (which were fine) and onion rings (which were surprisingly good) for too much $$.

I checked in for Fantasmic at 7. Got seats in the front on the left as you are facing the water. Should have gotten seats in the middle. We could see fine, but were between water sprays so it was awkward. Then I finally went and used my swap pass for Splash (yes you are supposed to use it on the same day—but no one said anything.) DD and DH rode Pooh again, and then we all went to Tomorrowland, and I rode Space (with my FP from that morning), and DD and DH did the Astro Orbiter again. Then it was almost 8:15 so we went to our seating for F!

Again our seating was fine… the dessert and hot cocoa were great, and the show was fun. Better though, was after it was over, they let us move to better seats for the fireworks—and we saw Tink fly!! By the time the fireworks were over we were exhausted and headed back to DLH. Got back about 10:20 PM and crashed.

Last day, coming up!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter