10/21/2014 5 Night Port Canaveral

Has anyone noticed how the price for this cruise has absolutely skyrocketed?

We booked on opening (2A2K on 5B for $3500 and now it is $6800!) On cruises on either side of this date are still at opening prices??

Anyhow, this will be our 2nd and have 2 sons who will be 6 and 7. Looking forward to new avenger theme.

I booked the Cat 5B directly at DCL but not at opening prices, and our cost is $3400 inclusive of insurance and taxes. I just checked and current price for Cat 5B for 3A w/insurance is over $6000. Huge difference.

We booked on opening (2A2K on 5B for $3500 and now it is $6800!) On cruises on either side of this date are still at opening prices??

Anyhow, this will be our 2nd and have 2 sons who will be 6 and 7. Looking forward to new avenger theme.

Hi everyone!

We are a group of family & friends, Grandparents, parents down to 4 grandkids ages 1-6 in 5 cabins. This will be our 9th Disney Cruise and the Magic was already our favorite so can't wait to see her all spruced up. The 6 year old grandson is a huge Marvel fan so he is going to love it!

I am a travel agent and I really dont understand the drastic fast price increase since still plenty of general availability. (inside cabin for 2 went up from $1950 to $2700 in past 4 days!) It is now more expensive then the Fantasy for 7 days same week. I am watching closely how this pans out! But thankfully, we booked when still great prices -just won't have any more friends booking at these rates!

Just wanted to say Hi and introduce ourselves! :flower3:

Carol

Yes, I actually logged in here to see if anyone else had noticed! We booked CAT7A for 2A at an OBB discount of $1900 and the price for 7A now is $3900! I also noticed that the cruises in front and behind ours are still normal price, and the 3 day from San Juan is still at the same price. I wonder what the attraction is for this cruise. Whatever it is, I'm glad we're on it! :-)

Hey there! We just booked this cruise while on board the Dream this past weekend. We are so excited! But, I have to say I was very surprised at the price when I booked on board...guess I should have booked ahead of time, boy did that cost us some moolah! Oh well, we are still very excited to have such a cool itinerary to look forward to.

This will be my and DH's third DCL cruise (well any cruise really) and our DD's second. They will be 14 and 10 when we cruise. I am really hoping to find some friends for them to chat with in the coming months. Oldest DD had no interest in the club this past week and youngest did but didn't have a great time, she is shy...I really think getting to know some kids before hand will help them both. So if anyone is interested in getting to know my girls, just give a shout!

This cruise falls over our Anniversary...not a monumental year, but 17 is worth celebrating!

I want to join the FB group as well...but I am a little confused on which one is the right group to join. It looks like two got started?

Looking forward to getting to know you guys and planning for the next year....is it really over a year away? :worried:

I want to join the FB group as well...but I am a little confused on which one is the right group to join. It looks like two got started?

I think you may have already joined the FB group but for others, the group we are using is https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/205430966294919/

Looking forward to getting to know you as well! My daughter will be 7 at the time of the cruise and my son 5. Will be a surprise for them!

Danielle

Well, we changed the cruise. We found a double dip on the wonder for $3000 less...no brainer for me and my DH. Have fun, guys!

My niece Kelly-44 will be joining us on the cruise to help with my DD. Trying to modify the reservations to add her has been a 3 day ordeal, and I am currently locked out of the 3 Night Repo, but with DCL help was finally able to resolve the website issues for the 5 Night. It was letting me modify the reservation to add her, but kept refusing the cc payment, saying the card failed. Tried every cc I have, plus Disney gift cards with no luck. Apparently because I was still logged in to the 3 Night reservation, DCL could not, plus advised not to close the browser window.

So, we are at least all set for this cruise, and have to call back before 10 PM to see if we are still locked for the 3 Night. :confused3

Maggie,
That has happened to me many times and when I call Disney, they tell me they have never heard of that happening before but they will be happy to make changes for me and take the payment. It is interesting to find out that it isn't just me :-)
Mary

I'm surprised that no one jumped up and shouted from the mountain tops:

"We're officially LESS THAN A YEAR AWAY!!!!!!"

I just got a call from Eva at DCL and our sailing has been charted and is not available for private sailing. They are offering a $200 on board credit for our room class and a 10% disc for rebooking a cruise up to 7 nights.

I just got a call from Eva at DCL and our sailing has been charted and is not available for private sailing. They are offering a $200 on board credit for our room class and a 10% disc for rebooking a cruise up to 7 nights.

I have not been contacted but just tried to book our cruise and it is coming up as sold out. I am so disappointed! We were doing B2B so will need to cancel the 3 night repo. 10% discount is nothing given what the cruise fares are now, they should at least offer the fare in place on the date we made our original booking, plus an additional 10% for the inconvenience. There is a 7 night leaving Port Canaveral on the Fantasy 10/18, but we really wanted to sail on the Magic. :sad:

We just changed ours to Feb 2014 4 night Magic. We upgraded from an 11A to a 6A with the add'l 10% discount plus $100 + $100=$200 OBC.
We wanted the Magic, not the Wonder, so we will get out of the winter and sail in Feb. Not a bad price for a HC verandah, $1304.00 for 2A in cat 6A on deck 7. We were paying $1652 for the 5 night in a cat 11A.

Just called Disney and canceled our reservation...10% is just a slap in the face for those that reserved so early. Our category room isn't available on any of the cruises we would want to go on. So no brainer I'm canceling everything and won't be going on any more Disney cruises...if they do this to us this time it's not going to stop them from doing this again so boycotting DCL.

I have not been contacted but just tried to book our cruise and it is coming up as sold out. I am so disappointed! We were doing B2B so will need to cancel the 3 night repo. 10% discount is nothing given what the cruise fares are now, they should at least offer the fare in place on the date we made our original booking, plus an additional 10% for the inconvenience. There is a 7 night leaving Port Canaveral on the Fantasy 10/18, but we really wanted to sail on the Magic. :sad:

We rebooked on the Oct. 26 Eastern Caribbean on the Magic. It's not where we wanted to go this time, but someplace we planned to go in the future. The price turned out to be about $2500 for 2A including vacation protection for a CAT 7A (we were able to get a secret verandah), definitely less than we were paying for the b2b (about $450 less) so I guess it will work. This does not mean we are happy about it. I have been grumbling to Disney all day talking to 4 different cast members, and still have a call out to speak to someone higher up than who I talked to. They promised to call me back within 72 hours. It is unconscionable that they can do this messing up our b2b that we were all so excited about and say $100 and an additional 10% off makes up for it after the prices have increased so much for the time we were booked. One cast member told me it was far enough out that it should be OK. Not quite!!

We rebooked on the Oct. 26 Eastern Caribbean on the Magic. It's not where we wanted to go this time, but someplace we planned to go in the future. The price turned out to be about $2500 for 2A including vacation protection for a CAT 7A (we were able to get a secret verandah), definitely less than we were paying for the b2b (about $450 less) so I guess it will work. This does not mean we are happy about it. I have been grumbling to Disney all day talking to 4 different cast members, and still have a call out to speak to someone higher up than who I talked to. They promised to call me back within 72 hours. It is unconscionable that they can do this messing up our b2b that we were all so excited about and say $100 and an additional 10% off makes up for it after the prices have increased so much for the time we were booked. One cast member told me it was far enough out that it should be OK. Not quite!!

I think we were destined to sail together, I booked the same! But also am very unhappy as the B2B would have brought us to Gold, and it was closer to my DDs birthday. I am planning to call back tomorrow, someone posted in one of the FB groups that DCL should have offered (and have in the past) to rebook at the fare that was in place at the time we originally booked, not current fare. I am also not happy with stateroom assignment and want to change, was not able to view, Magic no longer has link for deck plans on the DCL site. Was able to pull up deck plans in the reservation in the Planning Center. I also thought that when I originally booked there was a $100 OBC incentive, but it was not showing in my res, nor is the $100 OBC for the change.

I think we were destined to sail together, I booked the same! But also am very unhappy as the B2B would have brought us to Gold, and it was closer to my DDs birthday. I am planning to call back tomorrow, someone posted in one of the FB groups that DCL should have offered (and have in the past) to rebook at the fare that was in place at the time we originally booked, not current fare. I am also not happy with stateroom assignment and want to change, was not able to view, Magic no longer has link for deck plans on the DCL site. Was able to pull up deck plans in the reservation in the Planning Center. I also thought that when I originally booked there was a $100 OBC incentive, but it was not showing in my res, nor is the $100 OBC for the change.

I asked the first guy I talked to this morning about booking at the price that was on at the time we originally booked, and he said that the terms available for this cruise did not include price guarantee. I asked about category upgrades and all kinds of other things and let him know how unhappy I was, and he was as polite as can be and staunchly unmovable. I was told, however, when I called to rebook and again voiced my aggravation (a different call than the first one I made) that I was given the 10% discount in addition to my original 10% discount because I had initially booked it onboard, and that I had $200 OBB credits for my original cruise (again, because I had booked it onboard initially) and an extra $100 stateroom credits for a total of $300. What CAT did you book?

This cruise date would work perfect for DH and I. When I look at the DCL website it says it is sold out. I'm going to keep checking back though. Would someone mind posting the itinerary? I'm assuming it goes to CC and Nassau? Does it go to Key West and have a day at sea?

Thank you so much!!:)

This cruise date would work perfect for DH and I. When I look at the DCL website it says it is sold out. I'm going to keep checking back though. Would someone mind posting the itinerary? I'm assuming it goes to CC and Nassau? Does it go to Key West and have a day at sea?

Thank you so much!!:)

DCL chartered this cruise and those of us who had reservations were forced to change. Sorry! Agree the dates are wonderful and Key West would have been nice :)

TCM (Turner Classic Movies) chartered this sailing for their 2014 Classic Cruise. I really would like to do one of the TCM cruises, but hesitant since it's chartered which means fewer DISers with such a low to nil possibility of an FE (which I look forward to on all my cruises). What to do, what to do. I signed up for the pre-sale which is the first week in April, so I'll have until then to decide.

Hi all! We are going on the October 21 cruise , yes, I know it's the chartered TCM cruise but I figure that lends itself to some creative Fish Extending ideas. Can someone tell me if there is already a group out there even though it may be sparse? I have been searching on here and Facebook but no luck yet so I'm asking in different places. Any help would be appreciated
Jenn

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter