10/2-8/11 Jamborini Meet was great! Now planning for Oct 2012!

RachelTori

Missing my tags :'(
This is the place to discuss our ideas and plan our Meets. This all started on the Resorts forum thread (“Sakes Alive! AKL Lite V!!”) when a group of us realized we would be at WDW in early October. :yay: Some of us will be staying at AKL/AKV, some elsewhere. It doesn’t matter where you’re staying, if you can join us, please do!

There will certainly be Mini-Meets, but wouldn’t it be great if a big group of us could all make it to one of the Meets? :goodvibes

The dates we are scheduling Meets are Sunday Oct 2nd through Saturday Oct 8th. The next post below will list the tentative Meets, and be updated as needed. I hope we will have our plans in place by mid-September.

Some ideas for potential Meets:

AKL - Victoria Falls or ?
Epcot Resorts - Crews Cup Lounge, by the quiet pool at BC, or ?
La Cava (aka “The Ditch”)
Illuminations
Wishes
Group ride/attraction
An “Off-Kilter” Meet; A “British Revolution” Meet, etc.
World Showcase Meet for some kiosk sampling
An “Eat to the Beat” Meet:
An early morning Meet for coffee in the Boardwalk area
A Deminar or Paid Event (book on Aug 16)
MNSSHP (Oct 2, 6, 7)
Jelly Rolls

All ideas/suggestions are welcome!

Check your schedules and if you have some free time, please check post #2. If there’s a meet you can attend, let us know! If there’s nothing scheduled for that date yet and you have an idea, please speak up!
:thumbsup2

(Tentative) MEETS

Sunday, October 2:

Illuminations = World Showcase, Meet between 7:30-8pm in France

Monday, October 3:

AKL meet at Victoria Falls – 3:45pm **Wear (or bring) Jamborini t-shirt if possible for group picture** = Attendees: PNO4TE, wendypooh, John's Mom, Donald is #1, TyRy, DisneyBride'03, RachelTori, and anyone else who would like to join us! :)

4pm Culinary Tour - Boma/Jiko: PNO4TE and daughters Kristin & Ashley :), John's Mom, DisneyBride'03, wendypooh, TyRy, RachelTori, anyone else?! ;)

6pm AKV Grand Villa meet to benefit GKTW – this is a ticketed event
Link: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2754628
Attending: DisneyBride'03, TyRy, RachelTori

Tuesday, October 4:

Epcot Resort Area Meet – 4-4:30pm in the Beach Club Solarium **if possible, wear (or bring) Jamborini t-shirt for group picture** = Attendees: PNO4TE, wendypooh, John's Mom, Donald is #1, dgbg100106, TyRy, RachelTori, and anyone else who would like to join us! :)

Thursday, October 6:

Culinary Tour - Boma/Jiko. 4pm. Attending - Wendypooh;

6pm Mixology Seminar (Cucumber Daiquiri/Blood Orange Margarita) $12.

MNSSHP: Attending = Wendypooh & family/friends; TyRy & friends;

:)

Either (or both!) the meets at Victoria Falls on Monday and in Epcot on Tuesday look fine to me!

(Can't do Sunday because Kristin made reservations for Tea!)

I'm in!!! :)

The meet at the lodge looks good OR the epcot one on the 4th - we'll be at epcot that day - also, just an fyi in case you want to make a list for which days we'll each be doing the party - we'll be doing MNSSHP on the 6th. I'll have to check the rest of my schedule too - as friends are coming with us (and hopefully our middle DS/DIL)

BUT - this is gonna be fun!!! :banana:

Either (or both!) the meets at Victoria Falls on Monday and in Epcot on Tuesday look fine to me!

(Can't do Sunday because Kristin made reservations for Tea!)

One of these days I'm going to finally do the Tea!!

I'm in!!! :)

The meet at the lodge looks good OR the epcot one on the 4th - we'll be at epcot that day - also, just an fyi in case you want to make a list for which days we'll each be doing the party - we'll be doing MNSSHP on the 6th. I'll have to check the rest of my schedule too - as friends are coming with us (and hopefully our middle DS/DIL)

BUT - this is gonna be fun!!! :banana:

I think that's a good idea - to list the MNSSHP and who's attending. :thumbsup2

Victoria Falls on Monday or an Epcot Resort on Tuesday are good for me.:goodvibes

Not both?!!! :confused3

:laughing:

What kind of times do y'all think would be best for AKL on Monday and Epcot Resorts on Tuesday? Victoria Falls opens at 4pm (IIRC) - would that be a good time for the AKL Meet (in the 3:30 to 4:00 range)?

Epcot Resorts: around 3:30 or 4pm for that Meet too?

I threw out the idea of a "meet" shirt design for us Jamborini's to Laura - she liked it.

SO, let me know if anyone else would be interested and If so, I'll get to work on a design.

Also, on a side note, IF we do a shirt design - I recommend getting your transfer paper from Amy - another DISigner here and a friend of mine.

to order go to - www.amymickey.com

We are a go for the Epcot are around 4 on Tuesday.

Laura you are the greatest. Thanks for setting this up.

Wendypooh. Count us in on the shirts.

Hi y'all! I really really really want to be in - but since its just a girls trip for a few days - I don't know if I'll be able to pull LO away from the parks...
BUT... I hopefully will be at AKLodge pool/Boma on Sat Night and Illuminations on Sunday...
(praying for no rain) if anyone is around!

Hi y'all! I really really really want to be in - but since its just a girls trip for a few days - I don't know if I'll be able to pull LO away from the parks...
BUT... I hopefully will be at AKLodge pool/Boma on Sat Night and Illuminations on Sunday...
(praying for no rain) if anyone is around!

Sharyn, I added Illuminations for Sunday, 10/2! :thumbsup2

I think DisneyBride'03 and family would enjoy this too! :goodvibes I'll ask Diana to put it on their list! ;)

I'm sure it would be fun for Abby & Ava! princess:princess:

Thanks for organizing Laura!

Add me to the AKL and the Epcot meet. I'll be there with friends with two little ones and they are not big planners (yes I am freaking out :scared1: not having a schedule :rotfl:).

Hopefully I'll know a bit more closer to the date.

Wendy - count me in for the t-shirts as well (if I can figure out how to do it!)

Thanks for organizing Laura!

Add me to the AKL and the Epcot meet. I'll be there with friends with two little ones and they are not big planners (yes I am freaking out :scared1: not having a schedule :rotfl:).

Hopefully I'll know a bit more closer to the date.

Wendy - count me in for the t-shirts as well (if I can figure out how to do it!)

You have been added! :yay:

I'm in the same boat with you regarding the t-shirt. Guess it's time to learn!! :laughing:

I'll be off the boards for about a week. I'll update the list when I get back from WDW! :goodvibes

I'm in the same boat with you regarding the t-shirt. Guess it's time to learn!! :laughing:

I'll be off the boards for about a week. I'll update the list when I get back from WDW! :goodvibes

Have a great trip!!!!

have a great trip!

On the T shirt route, while I love the idea, I have no idea how to put a design on a t shirt.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter