• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

1 year olds b-day

rhughesdisney

Earning My Ears
We are thinking of celebrating our daughter Belle's one year b-day at WDW! We have 2 older girls ages6 and 8 and thought this would be a wonderful way for all to enjoy. We used to go to WDW until I got pregnant last year so we pretty much know the ins and outs. Do you think we are crazy or not?? One of my must dos would be for Belle to meet Belle!!!! Thanks for any imput!

No I don't think you're crazy at all! :) What a wonderful way for a little one ,who shares the name of a Disney character to celebrate her special day!

p.s. I don't think you're older two will mind either!

We took our DS to WDW for his first birthday last month. It was GREAT!!!! We went to MK first and got him a "Today's my birthday" button for him to wear. He wound up wearing it all weekend!! Everyone wished him a happy birthday. He got his first haircut at the barbershop on mainstreet. I told the CM at the front desk at our resort (Wilderness Lodge). The next day there were 3 balloons and a card from Mickey and Pals waiting for him when we returned to the room. Every sit-down restaurant we went to gave him a cupcake and sang happy birthday. We ate at the buffet in Norway and they gave him a complementary cake and sang happy birthday in Norweigan to him. He even took his first few steps at the Lodge and on Main St.!!! I loved just watching his face while he watched the fireworks. What a wonderful time!!
Try to get the Princess Breakfast at Norway. We did the Breakfast at CP in MK but DS was frightened of the characters - but he loved the princesses. Sounds like all of your daughters would enjoy it and you could celebrate the birthday there -and everywhere else for that matter.

We will be doing the same thing with DD, in Oct. I was hoping the whole thing wouldn't go over her head. She'll be 1 on 9/30, but I was going to make this a happy b'day trip. Can she still get a button and cupcakes, even though we'll be going 1-2 weeks past her b'day?

Sounds like a winner to me.

I second the Storybook Princesses breakfast at Epcot and/or the Cinderella dinner at 1900 Park Fare (Grand Floridian).

Cheryl

Yes, you can get the pin any time. When we went it was a week and a few days after my DS1 b-day. We got him a pin with no problems. Just be sure to let them know it's your daughters b-day when you make PS arrangements and when you check in at the restaurants themselves--plus they will see she is wearing the pin. You will have such a wonderful time--Great memories and pictures to boot!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter