1 Point Discoveries

FergieTCat

I am serious. And don't call me Shirley.
Anyone want to share unusual foods or snacks that only have one point. I know there's a list somewhere, but I'm hoping for foods that none of us would have thought of.

I just discovered that Light Mini-Babybel cheeses (the little ones with the white wrappers in the red net bags) each have 50 calories and 3 grams of fat each ... 1 Point!

Anyone else?

Bob Evans has a precooked light sausage link that is 1 point per link. I don't recall the exact nutrition breakdown - but it is 80 calories per serving of 2 links and breaks down to 1 point per link.
I have been having 2 of them and a piece of fruit for a no starch breakfast.

I have two favorite 1-point foods. The first is Crab Delites, the ones that are shaped like sea legs, you can have three legs for 1 point. My second favorite 1-point food is No-fat Pringles, you can have 15 chips for 1-point.

:bounce::wave::bounce:

Laughing cow cheese wedge with Snackwells wheat crackers. I think they are one point each so you get one wedge with I think 3 or 4 crackers for 2 points. It's great for those who love cheese and crackers!:D

Then if I have a sweet craving I like Quaker Chewy Granola Bars. Most of them are 2 points each. The Dipps (that are dipped in chocolate) are 3 points each. Hey it's not the healthiest choice, but it satisfies a candy bar craving.:eek:

I enjoy the Mott's Healthy Harvest applesauce....they come in several flavors such as peach medley, strawberry, country berry and granny smith. They come in individual serving cups which also makes it easy. They are a great 1 point mid-afternoon snack.

Diet V8 Splash Strawberry Kiwi - 8 oz is zero points because its only 10 calories! I bought some tonight and its really good! I would assume you could even have 2 glasses and have it still be zero points but I'm not sure.

I also like Blue Bunny Sweet Freedom Fudge Lites. They are only 35 calories so 1 point for 1 and only 1 1/2 pts. if you have two!

I just remembered another one. A fudgsicle pop has one point and it helps to satisfy my desire for chocolate.

:bounce::wave::bounce:

Mrs. T's frozen potato and cheese pierogies have just 1 point each. 3 or 4 of those with LOTS of steamed broccoli, and some onions sauteed in Pam....YUM!

Morningstar Farms makes a few good items. Breakfast patties have 1 point each. The mini corn dogs have just one point each. (not sure how many of the mini corn dogs are in a serving, but one serving I believe counts as a serving of veggies, since they're veggie products)

Cheesy veggie soup....use some chicken broth, a pound of non-starch frozen vegetables. Once the veggies are cooked and the broth is hot, add 10 oz. of cubed light Velveeta. It comes up to 1 point per cup.

There's a product called French Twist. I'll have to get a bag of them because I don't remember the exact brand name, but each twist is only 1 point. They can be found in the bakery area with the commercial breads and such. They have a maple flavor, and it tastes JUST like a french toast stick from Burger King!!!

Kraft 2% milk singles each only have 1 point. (One of our local grocery stores, Wegman's, has light English Muffins....for one 1.. put those breakfast patties, with two egg whites, and a slice of the 2% cheese, tastes like a Sausage McMuffin from McDonald's for just 3 points!)

If I think of anymore, I'll post them!

Originally posted by SnackyStacky
Mrs. T's frozen potato and cheese pierogies have just 1 point each. 3 or 4 of those with LOTS of steamed broccoli, and some onions sauteed in Pam....YUM!

Thanks for the tip, I never would have thought that a pasta type, potato dish would contain so little points. I went out and bought a box of Pierogies and I was in heaven, I hadn't had Pierogies in years! Definitely yummy!

I just discovered something new and it is only 1 or 2 points. Freeze a banana and then cut it into slices for a wonderful cold treat. You can have 3 oz. of banana slices for 1 point, which is one small banana or if you want a real treat for 2 points you can have the same frozen banana with lite cool whip.....I am in heaven!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter