1 or 2 days at Hollywood Studios

Tessaf

Mouseketeer
We are planning another trip to Disney World this year and this will be our first time to Hollywood Studios. The new Toy Story Land will be open when we go, and we are trying to figure out how many days. We have one day we don’t have any park planned yet and are wondering if Hollywood Studios is big enough to use 2 days.

If you like both rides and shows, then yes I would say you could definitely use 2 days. You certainly couldn't fit everything into one day.

Crowds and waits for Toy Story Land are likely to be massive, so it would be nice to have two days' worth of Tier 1 Fast Passes. (Assuming the new Slinky Roller Coaster is Tier 1 along with Toy Story Mania and Rock n Roller Coaster, it would be hard to do all three in one day without a terrible wait for one of the three.)

I love every ride and most shows in this park so this is a definitely yes to 2 days from me, but you have to know your interests. There is definitely enough to do imo.

Purely subjective. Depends how much you like the rides and shows they offer. Even after Toy Story Land opens, it still won't have the sheer number of attractions as MK. However, if you like what it has, then it's a 2 day park. If you don't like the things it offers, it's a 1/2 day park.

Personally, I could spend 2 days just running back and forth between RnR and TSMM. :D

Even with the opening of Toy Story Land I would do one day. I would plan an extra magic morning hour day to help with the new area being crowded.

I would wing your extra day until you are there. See if you need to go back to another park. You can do fastpasses now for HS and changed them later if you change your mind on the park. We needed two days for Animal Kingdom and Epcot on our last trip.

Are you onsite? How many park days will you have? From a FP perspective, with the new rides opening, two days would make more sense in that you'll have two opportunities to make FP. But if it's insanely crowded due to the new park opening, you may not want to spend two full days there. But, if you have hoppers or are okay with having those days be 1/2 days paired with resort time or DS or whatever, then you can enjoy the park and avoid the masses.

Last edited:
I'd say it depends on how big you are on seeing the shows there. (BATB, Little Mermaid, Indiana Jones and Frozen Sing a long) If seeing all the shows is a priority, I'd do two days. If not, I believe you could do it in one.

We spend a day and a half there now. So, with the addition of Toy Story, our family would absolutely need two days.

We easily fill 2 days already there, it is one of our fave parks. When Toy Story land opens I would definitely budget for 2 days if you like shows and rides. Have fun!

My opinion is two days since that is what we are doing when we go in April :) ........ but seriously if you'd like to see all the shows, sign up for the star wars shows, go on the rides, I think two days (possibly day and a half) is ideal

Think of it this way but 2 days would allow to see Fantasmic one day and the star wars night show the next!!

I think you'll want the 6 fastpasses. And if anyone in your party wants to do Jedi Training, that eats up time too. Even without Jedi Training and Toy Story Land, we still spend 1.5 days there.

We always do 2 days at HS (I insist) and have never found it boring or not enough to do. I have to do a FS for ToyStory and with a smaller one who will cheerfully sit in line 90 minutes for a 2nd ride I find 2 days works best.

For me it would depend on how many park days you have total. We do 9 park days usually and allocate 1.5 usually and with Toy Story opening, I'll be upping that to 2 days. If I were on a shorter trip, I would spend less time there.

Personally, I would probably plan 1 day there for a trip of 4-6 days. If I'm staying longer than 6 days or if I have park hoppers, only then would I consider adding another day. This is because there are other parks I would repeat before I repeated Hollywood Studios.

But everyone is different. Since this is your first time, I think 1.5 days might be the perfect amount to sample most of the park and repeat your favorites there.

As others have said, this is totally subjective. We barely spend a half day there, and since our daughter is now 17, that is unlikely to change when Toy Story Land opens (I am one of the few who has yet to hear anything at all interesting to me in that project). I know others love DHS, but it is not for us.

Thank you all for your help! Since we will have the time, I think we will plan for 1.5/2 days there.

It would be a big 'no' for me unless I had done 2 days at all the other parks. In fact, I'd probably do a 3rd day at MK before doing a 2nd day at DHS.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter