1-day park hopper on 7/1 - both parks possible?

northshoremama

DIS Veteran
would it be possible to do all these things in one day? looking at thursday, july 1st.
starting with DL:
Peter Pan, Indiana Jones, IASW, Splash Mountain, BTMR

switching to DCA at 1pm - or later if possible to cover DL rides (closing at 9pm)
The Little Mermaid, TSMM, Soarin', and RSR (those are really the only 4 rides i wanna do)

thoughts?

Yes, but your wait for RSR and Soarin will be long.
With the parks opening at 8am, it will be easier as long as you are there at opening.
Peter Pan first, then BTMR, get a Indiana Jones VQ pass around 9am-930am (basically when it becomes available). Ride Splash Mountain before 10am, ride IASW when the rest are done.
When you get to DCA go on the ride you are willing to wait in line for. Note that after 2pm most of the park hoppers that went over to DL will help lighten the load at DCA.

Last edited:
Thank you! So once I head to DCA, can I head back to DL maybe later than night? Or with the new system, is it only one “hop” per day?

With the parks opening at 8am, it will be easier as long as you are there at opening.
Peter Pan first, then BTMR, get a Indiana Jones VQ pass around 9am-930am (basically when it becomes available. Ride Splash Mountain before 10am, ride IASW when you are ready.
When you get to DCA go on the ride you are willing to wait in line for. Note that after 2pm most of the park hoppers that went over to DL will help lighten the load at DCA.

Peter Pan first, then BTMR, get a Indiana Jones VQ pass around 9am-930am (basically when it becomes available). Ride Splash Mountain before 10am, ride IASW when the rest are done.

@DLRExpert how could I miss ROTR? If I get in the 7am VQ for ROTR, typically how long before I’d be able to get in line for it? Safe to be in line and ride PP then ROTR next possibly?

would it be possible to do all these things in one day? looking at thursday, july 1st.
starting with DL:
Peter Pan, Indiana Jones, IASW, Splash Mountain, BTMR

switching to DCA at 1pm - or later if possible to cover DL rides (closing at 9pm)
The Little Mermaid, TSMM, Soarin', and RSR (those are really the only 4 rides i wanna do)

thoughts?
The line for PP when we were there was usually 25-30 min so it wasnt a must do first thing. The line moved well for us so wasnt a big deal. I would normally not wait in line for it before covid. If I didnt get on first thing I wouldnt ride it, but this trip I waited for it. Indy if its running would be a good ride to start with so you dont have to wait for the VQ to open and then wait to be called.
Splash doesnt get a long line for the first hour or two so hitting that early can save time as well, though I would do Indy and PP first. BTMR the line moves fast and doesnt get too long so no need to rush to that, though you could get it done early if you wanted. IASW fluctuates quite a bit but is usually 30-45 min wait for most of the day except at the beginning and end of the day when its shorter.

In DCA RSR gets the longest wait time from both parks so thats the one that will hold you up the most. TSMM when we were there on Sat dropped below 30 min wait several times during the day. Soaring also got down to 30 min a few times but was usually 45-60 minutes. TLM you can walk on if you catch it at the right time. In the evening the line disapeared completely. That was something we saw happen many times before covid as well so were glad to see that continue.

@DLRExpert how could I miss ROTR? If I get in the 7am VQ for ROTR, typically how long before I’d be able to get in line for it? Safe to be in line and ride PP then ROTR next possibly?
Depends when your BG for ROTR will be. You have an hour to get to ROTR once you are called. On average there has been very few attractions that had a line longer than an hour at Disneyland.

The line for PP when we were there was usually 25-30 min so it wasnt a must do first thing.

True about Peter Pan, but it was on her list and this is the first day where there will be an 8am opening.
In my opinion Pirates first, then Haunted Mansion, then Big Thunder would be the attractions I go to first.

i appreciate the help. this is a solo trip so maybe i'll hold off on ROTR until next year when i can bring my girls...or i may just try the 7am window so i can "practice" getting into VQ lol
i have thought of adding an extra day, but i don't think i can modify my 1-day PH to a 2-PH...i'm guessing i'll just have to buy another 1-day PH....

RotR was having issues last week, we had boarding group 17 and the ride was down for several hours. Our return time was 11-12pm and the ride didn't open again until 1pm.

Also noticed some of the wait times were inflated, Splash was listed as 60 minutes but in reality it was 30 minutes. Some of the lines look intimidating from first glance but they move pretty quickly.

GRR 100 minutes right now! Even RSR is only 70. Haven’t seen that for ages, and it’s not even that hot today. Maybe because Soarin’ is down at the moment? Crazy!

GRR 100 minutes right now! Even RSR is only 70. Haven’t seen that for ages, and it’s not even that hot today. Maybe because Soarin’ is down at the moment? Crazy!
GRR was 100 a few times Tuesday. It was warmer but not hot. RSR was higher on Tuesday. It hit 100 at one point. Almost never dropped under 60. We were unable to ride since it was just too long for our littles.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter