1 day at DL~What rides are different from WDW?

Trixiezzz

Budgeting my way to Disney!
We've just had 2 trips to Disney World in the last year and now we'll be in LA area with just ONE day at Disneyland.

My kids are 10 and 7.

What can we do that will be somewhat different from what we've just done at WDW??

Thanks!! :sunny:

Although I have never been to WDW, I have heard that the DL Pirates is longer and better. (It is currently under refurb, so check DL web site calendar)

DL has the Matterhorn...

Seating is different in Splash...

Check out the 50th set up on Main Street where the Lincoln exhibit used to be...

So does that mean you are only going to DIsneyland park and not California Adventures since it will be only for one day? If so, that leaves out alot of rides. But in Disneyland, here are some that are different:

Definitely Indiana Jones (My ultimate favorite ride anywhere) --it may be a little scary to your younger kids, but at least the adults need to give it a try!

Pirates of the Caribbean is different and better than WDW in my opinion.
Splash Mountain has different scenes than WDW's.
The Matterhorn...also totally unique to DL.
Also instead of the Swiss Family Robinson treehouse, it is Tarzan's Treehouse, and themed like the movie.

In Fanasyland (if your kids still like any of those types of rides)
Mr. Toad's Wild Ride
Alice in Wonderland...only in DL. Other than that, the other fantasyland rides are pretty much the same to their WDW cousins.
Small World looks better on the outside at DL, but the ride is similiar enough....

Tomorrowland....definitely try Space Mountain. It has been totally revamped, and puts the old version (WDW's) to shame. Alot faster and smoother--my kids' favorite ride.

DL also has New Orleans square which is really cute...they have jazz bands playing, and sometimes throw out beads.

Toontown is also cuter at DL...
Roger Rabbit's Cartoon Spin---unique to DL
they have Gadget's Go Coaster, but it is alot like Goofy's Barnstormer. The theming is just a little different, but really fun.

If anyone else can think of anything else...my mind is a jumble of a whole lot of Disney parks right now....I hope this helps.

Michelle2 said:
So does that mean you are only going to DIsneyland park and not California Adventures since it will be only for one day? ....

No, we'll have a hopper so we can go to both parks on our 1 day. :sunny:

The Davy Crockett Explorer Canoes are fun. They are over by Splash Mountain.

In California Adventure, be sure to go on California Screamin' if you like roller coasters.

One of my most favorite rides is a kiddie ride. Its Storybook Canals. You get to see little Bonsai and miniature villiage sets of the stories you knew as a kid. I love to take pictures of these little sets.

Thanks to the OP for asking this quesiton. I was wondering the same thing. :)

We've been to WDW many times but this will be our 1st trip to DL and DCA! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter