• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

1 day at Disney...park reservations...worth the trip?

jasmine1449

Earning My Ears
I am travelling to Savannah next week and was thinking of heading to Orlando my last day (since it's only a 4 hour drive). My only goal is to go to AK to ride the Avatar rides. I haven't bought a ticket yet, I would want to go May 8 but it looks like there is no availability that day. Is it worth it to go ahead and purchase a ticket, drive all the way down there, and hope that a reservation opens up for that day? If I can't make it happen, I'll have driven the 4 hours for nothing, because I would have to turn around and drive home on Sunday. I feel like I shouldn't wait for availability to purchase the ticket, because if something does open up, by the time I purchase a ticket and go back to book the reservation the reservation slot will be gone. I also don't want to purchase a ticket and be stuck with it, as it looks like the tickets aren't refundable? Can I use the ticket after expiration?

Any feedback is so appreciated!!

I am now realizing this is a moot point, as you can't buy a ticket without specifying a day! Ha! I guess I'll just refresh my life away over here!

Many people on these boards have noticed the reservation availability calendar is not updated in real time so if you’ve got your ticket and keep trying you may just get one. People have reported more luck with 1-2 spots so I’m hopeful you will get one!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter