1 day at a time - Committment Thread

MelanieC

<font color=blue>BL II - Blue Team<br><font color=
Hi there,

It sounds like we could all use some committment and help staying on track and taking it 1 day at a time.

Today is day 3 for me. The real test will be the weekend. Ive had quite a few attempts this fall to get back on track and I do great all week and then fail on the weekend. If I can make it till Monday, I think I have a fighting chance.

So my committment for the rest of the week is:

1. Take it 1 day at a time.
2. Make it past the weekend.
3. Plan my meals each day
4. Post on WISH daily.

So far today I am doing well. Yesterday was rough. I ended up with a headache (I think it was because of going cold turkey with sugar and caffeine). I had such a headache when I got home, but eating dinner really made me feel well. I dipped into my Flex Points for some whole wheat crackers and a popcicle (DOH- I just realized that I did have sugar!) Today I feel more in control thank goodness. I still have a bannana and carrots to get through the afternoon.

So who else wants to committ to takeing it 1 day at a time. You can committ to anything. As big as exercising and as small as just staying on Program.

I need to do this also.
Ok, day 4 back on South Beach.

I will get through the week OP, and the weekend, too.

I will excercise everyday, even if its only for 10 minutes.

I will pamper myself at least once a day with a bubble bath, pedicure,or something other than food.

I will post daily on WISH.

One day at a time is the only way to go! Today is my third day on induction. I'm making it.

Thanks for this thread, it's just what I needed to keep me motivated.

Katholyn

Taking it one day at a time. Feeling more confident each day and less like cheating. I can do this. I can't wait to weigh in on Saturday. I never use to get my clippie's before, but this time I am going to. I hope to get my first one soon.
Have a great day everybody. We can do this.:wave:

i want to be here too!

I can't wait to weigh in on Saturday.
ahhhhh......i remember those days. cyber high five to you!

i'm not journaling well and haven't been for quite some time. yesterday I journaled though I didn't know my pts for lunch b/c we went to a local rest and I didn't even bother trying to figure them out.

my hands are puffy this morning, think I had a bit more salt at lunch than usual. i have been eating way toooo much sugar too. this will be my place to be accountable and post daily with you all to be more accountable on my eating

thanks Melanie -- so good to see you again!!!:hug: :hug: :hug: you too Kath!

neverland - love your idea to pamper yourself non-food! you go!

my struggle is the 3 - 5 p.m. time frame -- that's when I blow it

Im committing to my 10,000 steps per day

Im finding since we changed the clocks that Im ok with my 1/2hr walk in the morn and walking around at work.
I work 930-5 w/my lunch break at 245. When I return Im taking extra steps around the library to make my 10,000 - often Im close and just need another lap or two. I know once I get home I dont add many more.

This is a great thread ~ Just what I need this week.

Have found that I'm thinking lots and lots about food and ways in which I could break my diet. This is down to TOM, so hopefully I should be back on track soon.

My committment is to continue exercising and making good food choices.

Day 4 and going strong. Yesterday was much easier than day 2. I sure hope today is too!

Today for me will be about eating what I have planned (although I don't have anything planned for dinner yet) and try to eat before cheerleading tonight so I don't get hungry during practice and come home and overeat.

Not sure what tomorrow night is going to bring. Months ago I made plans to go to a party with a friend. I don't know the person who is hosting the party and my friend wants me to drive so she can drink. Now that it's getting cold, I would really rather stay home with my family and not have the stress of trying not to be good with eating junk. I'm going to try to get out of it if I can.

Neverland Club - Glad to see you excited to WI. Doesn't that feel so great when you know you have been good and you know you will see results in the scale. Keep up the awesome posititive attitude. I have all the faith in the world that you will get tons of new clippies. Can't wait to see your new one soon!

Katholyn- So glad your posting here with us. Together we can do it - 1 day at a time!

Molly- I sure did miss you all while I was gone. Maybe you could save some of your "healthy" snacks for the 3-5pm time frame. I find that time hard for myself too. Right before I go home from work. I start to get hungry and really want to eat. I try to keep a snack and eat it around 3 or 3:30pm to tide me over. I used to eat plain yogurt with chunks of pineapple in its own juice (poured the juice out) at that time period. It really helped to fill me up and they say the calcium helps with loosing weight.

Newholiday- Great job with the walking and extra steps. Keep up the great work.

Minniespal- Keep those bad food thoughts away. Hope your TOM leaves soon and helps you break those thoughts. Keep up the great work.

Here is today - Another day that we can win the battle to overeat and eat junk. We can do it!! 1 day at a time!

I missed everyone, too, Mel. But I'm BACK and I'm drinking my water.

One day at a time!

Katholyn

Can I post here too? I am rededicating with the food portion of my lifestyle starting tomorrow. I've been doing great with walking (training for the half marathon this January), but my food has been opff and on for the past 4 months or so. I'd like to get another 15 lbs. off before I go.
I'll post my goals tomorrow.

I totally agree, such a tough fight! At least I have a cruise to work towards............. don't give up!!

Hi everyone. I jusy checked in to see how everyone is doing and found this thread. This is just what I need. For the past several weeks I have been unwell. Last week while on my nursing placement I ended up having to have an ambulance called for me, and having an ECG! :eek: The results were ok! Thank goodness! However I've had several blood tests, and so far nothing has shown up. I had a blood test on Mon. to check my hormone levels. My doctor thinks that I could be going through early perimenopause! Apparently 1% of women go through this before 45. Anyway as a result of all this I have been putting weight on. Even when I was staying OP my weight was all over the place! :confused: So I started to think if I'm gaining weight while OP what's the point!! Stupid I know, but my heads been all over the place! Anyway whether I lose weight or not I want to get back to a healthier lifestyle. So I'm going to commit to check in here everyday. Get back OP. I start exercising again :hyper:

My family and I are leaving 6 weeks today to spend Christmas with my DH's family in the States. So I would really like my clothes to be fitting me better by the time we leave! ::yes::

welcome karen and catherine :) :) :)

just wanted to report that I survived yesterday -- i did eat my dinner early (4 p.m.) and went to a 6 p.m. yoga class. that got me through my tough time but after class about 8 p.m. when I got home (took DD swimming 1/2 hour too) I was hungry! i really thought of you guys and my commitment and just went to bed and watched tv and didn't eat! yea for me!

tonight we are hosting our friday night couples-bible study group. we always do a carry-in for dinner so we can start earlier in the evening, this is usually hard for me. my plan is to eat light all day, save pts for dinner and then eat SMALL portions!

Hello everyone,

Yeah it's Friday!! Did excellent yesterday. Now today I think is my tough day. I have a party I am supposed to go to with a friend. She e-mailed at work last night and I would feel bad if I said no I couldn't go after I told her I would. I am just scared that If I get home at 5:30pm, I won't have time to have dinner since we planned to have pizza tonight. This leaves me with the delima of what to eat?? I know I will be tempted to eat there and it will be my luck there will be things I love. I hate being tempted. And If I didn't get to eat dinner and I am hungry, that's when I have a tough time saying no. Especially since it's so early in getting back on track. I seem to do better if I have been doing it for a while.

At least for now- things are still going good and I know I can do it. I know I need to so I can eat normally on vacation.

So my committment for today is to take one hour at a time and focus on making right choices.

Katholyn - Hope your having a good day!

Karebear- Glad to hear your doing well with your exercising and keeping on track for the marathon. I have no doubt that you will do great! You will loose that 15lbs in no time before the marathon.

jlawall - A cruise is a great reason to keep on track. I know having goals is such a motivator.

Catherine- WOW your 130# clippie is so pretty!! Congrats on the 130#'s! And the 1 year exercise clippie is awesome! You have done so fantastic. Glad your results were ok. Keep up the great work and I am glad you are joining us!

Molli- Glad to hear you did well last night. Here is to us staying strong tonight and keeping on plan. It's so much tougher when your not doing normal things at home. Being out is so much harder. Keep strong tonight. Be sure to check in this weekend and let us know how you did.

Keep up the great work everyone.

Wow. Everyone is doing great. Congrats to all.
I stayed OP very well yesterday. Excited to weigh in tomorrow. Oh please let me be down at least 3 lbs. I am going out this evening with my mom and friend. But she is on Atkins so we will help each other stay OP. Just gotta say no to my watermelon martini. I can do it. Tomorrow will hopefully bring good news. Hoping to get a clippie. I am down 30 lbs since my daughter was born 18 months ago. But I need another 10 off and would love 20 off. But I am starting my loss from this point. So here's hoping I grab a 5 lbs clippie soon!
Good going everyone!

Glad I found this thread! Today is my 2nd day on Atkins induction and I keep telling myself I can do it for one day. I might have to change it to I can do anything for a morning, but I AM going to get through it!!! With your helpful posts too> :)

well my day yesterday went bust -- DD had dr appt that ran late into the day and she wasn't up to going back to school and I took her to Bob evans for lunch instead. strike one -- i did convince the waitress to let me order the sr. portion (two smaller pancakes and lite sausage) but then I had a "well I blew it" mentality and had a few halloween snack size candy bars and then for dinner just ate regular portions. thankfully there wasn't any desserts brought this time!

tonight we are going to mom's for mid-day meal and then out with friends. good thing each day is new ----I won't let my shortcomings drag me down

I did it!!! I weighed in and I lost.......6lbs this week!!! Yippee! I am back to nearly where I fell off the program last time. I really feel like I can do this now.
I can even get a five lb clippie if someone is kind enough to explain how I do it. (thanks in advance)
And in just 4 more lbs I can snag a 10 lb. All toll since having my daughter, I have now lost 36 lbs. Whoo Hoo!
Thanks for all the encouragement, day by day really works. I even had a few "bad" moments this week and I still lost!
So never give up! One day at a time. Today is a fresh start for all.:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

Happy Saturday everyone! A new day with new challenges. I'm going to put spare ribs on the grill. I miss the barbecue sauce but they are still pretty yummy. Mostly I just want to use our grill for one last time while we have a sunny day. We won't have many more before the snow falls, I'm sure :(

How is everyone doing today? So far so good?

Katholyn

Decided to go with my total weight loss and I snagged myself a 35 lb clippie.
Boy, do I like how that looks! :Pinkbounc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter