1 Credit TS Dress Codes

Lindsey17

Mouseketeer
So going off the conversation from the latest dining show is dress code a thing for 1 credit TS places? The reason I ask is most likely my husband & I will be in tank tops most days. I just want to be sure that we won't have issues. I guess my main concern are the 2 meals we're having not in a park at The Wave and Story Book Dining. I'm more concerned with Story Book since it was at one time a signature. Will either flip flops or tank tops be a problem?

The wave is not signature, but it is not a totally causal restaurant either. I'd say a nicer tank top would be ok, though it tends to be cold in there.

The wave is not signature, but it is not a totally causal restaurant either. I'd say a nicer tank top would be ok, though it tends to be cold in there.

Ok thanks. I plan on bringing a change of clothes with me, but my husband wasn't planning on it, but I may pack him at least a t shirt. Plus might feel better being out of those sweaty shirts.

You will be fine in your park clothes at The Wave. We went to there a few years ago in our Halloween costumes before MNSSHP and no one batted an eye. DH and I went another time straight from a sweaty morning at MK for lunch.

Honestly, I wouldn't tote clothes around all day just for dinner.

Thanks for the input. Wouldn't be hard to have an extra bag since we'll have a stroller to throw it under, but that's just one more bag for security to have to check.

If you're worried about dress code coming up, I bought dress shorts at Costco before my trip for $20 along with some Orvis collared fishing shirts for $15. I didn't get turned away at Jiko. And I was wearing trail runners.

You will be fine in your park clothes at The Wave. We went to there a few years ago in our Halloween costumes before MNSSHP and no one batted an eye. DH and I went another time straight from a sweaty morning at MK for lunch.

Honestly, I wouldn't tote clothes around all day just for dinner.
Agreed..Its a park clothes kinda place. Thats just what folks wear.

I wouldnt be as concerned about flip flop in the restaurant as I would be with wearing them in the parks. Ouch! Have you been to Disney before? Its really a killer on your feet even with the most comfortable broken in sneakers.

Amount of credits does not matter.
Anything in a park even sigs nothing more than theme park attire can really be expected.
The Wave also certainly is nothing fancy.
Characters meals also aren't anything that you ne4ed to be dressing up for.
Really the only 2 places I'd consider dressing in anything other than my theme park clothes is Cali Grill and of course V&A.

Don't worry about it, they expect you to show up in your park clothes. 2 credit places are slightly stricter, but not much.

Ok thanks. I plan on bringing a change of clothes with me, but my husband wasn't planning on it, but I may pack him at least a t shirt. Plus might feel better being out of those sweaty shirts.

Your husband will be fine in his park clothes, we found The Wave to be very casual for dinner and it doesn't have a dress code regardless. Don't stress over it.

The only place with a dress code is Victoria and Alberts. The rest do not, they have suggested clothing, with exception of the prohibited items: Not permitted are tank tops, flip-flops, swimsuits, swimsuit cover-ups, hats for gentlemen, cut-offs, torn clothing and t-shirts with offensive language and/or graphics.

While dining at Skipper Canteen in May, my friend and I had a spirited conversation inspired by the attire of a few of the other diners. It centered around this question:

If you're a man, and your tank top/t-shirt is so stretched out that I can see your nipples, are you really wearing a shirt?

In other words, you'll be fine. :)

As other posters have said, the one credit spots do not have stated dress codes and broadly dress codes aren't very strictly enforced (excluding Victoria & Alberts). I do think the idea of packing a fresh t-shirt for each of you is a good idea as I know I'm a mess at the end of a busy park day (or use as an "excuse" to buy one!). Side note - the one time I have seen the dress code enforced involved men in tanks. This was at California Grill (2-credit signature) and 2-3 young men (early 20s, I'd guess) in tanks were asked to put on the collared, long-sleeved oxford shirts that apparently the restaurant keeps on hand. The put them on - unbuttoned - over their tanks and with their shorts and that apparently met the dress code. I was heading to the restroom as they were leaving after their meal and a CM followed them onto the elevator to retrieve the shirts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter