1 crazy family+2 resorts+5 parks+1 snake+1 surprise=A Mickeystoontown report 4/3x2

Good think Jesse didn't ask Mama about a haircut in the Magic Kingdom… She could have walked him straight to the Harmony Barber Shop and had that taken care of quickly! :rotfl:

I hope we catch Fantasmic on the next trip!

Love the pics of the fridge! :thumbsup2 Dr. Pepper is a necessity for me! :goodvibes

Isn't that the truth! She would have had him by the ear most probably.

I like your F! pictures! I especially like the fire ones. They look cool. I haven't seen that show is quite a while and I really need to revisit it.

I love that Mama was out dancing in the street! She really does still "got it".

Too funny about Jesse and the headband. :rotfl2:

I always try my best to take Fantasmic pictures but most turn out really bad. Oh well, at least I tried.

Mama was shaking that bootay!

Great updates and pics.

Loved the dance moves. :rotfl2:

Glad the waitress changed her tude'.

Thanks! I hope that you are having a great time in Florida!

I haven't been posting much, but I've been reading! Love the updates and the pictures. Love Mama's enthusiasm and spunk!!

It's okay! Life gets in the way of Dising. I sometimes catch myself reading but forgetting to post on other people's trip report.

LOVE the picture of your Mama dancing. And the kids too. I can't wait to see Fantasmic again. I haven't seen it since 2001! I think my kids are old enough now that they'd love it.

LOL about the hair. Tell Jesse he looked "pretty." Can't wait to see your PP pics.

Oh gosh! You have GOT to get over to Fantasmic!

I'll pass along the "pretty" comment to Jesse. I'm sure that he'll get a kick out of it.

Happy Thanksgiving McBride family

Thank you! I hope that you are having a great time in Disney!

Phew all caught up!

Wow that waitress sounded rude, so glad she changed her tune and all was well!

Your Mom is just hilarious with her hair comments and dancing :goodvibes

I always seem to be playing catch-up. I don't know what was up with the waitress. I'm so glad that she decided to change up her attitude. She was just plain rude.

My Mama is a hoot to be around! Except when we are in the car with her driving on a icy road in Tennessee.

Great updates, Lisa.

Jesse cracks me up...he definitely fits right in with the rest of you.

Yes, your mama can still move it!

We are missing Fantasmic next week, but we are going on the girls trip. And, if I'm not mistaken, it is the FIRST time the girls will ever see it.

Have a great Thanksgiving.

Thanks Kathy! I've seen some of the pictures of ya'll in Disney and it looks like ya'll are having a great time! Who wouldn't when you have those sweet little girls around?

Bahaha Jesse looks good in a headband! :rotfl: He certainly does sound like he fits right in. :thumbsup2
Mamaw's got moves!! Love it!
Great pics of F!

He does fit in with the rest of us crazies!

I LOVED this update and I could just hear your Mom talking about hair...always. :rotfl2: Jesse is a riot, he does fit right in. And Mamaw DOES have the moves, she evidently passed them on to the next generations as well! We have never seen Fantasmic d/t to the W/C, I have heard horror stories...but you got great pics for me to enjoy.

I must pause now and say how TRULY BLESSED I am that you came in to my life!! THANK YOU for being a friend I can count on and for blessing my family with love and generosity!

Thank you for the kind words Judy! I am blessed as well! I have made so many friends on the Dis including you!

THANK YOU!

Hollywood Studios Photopass pictures

and, of course, our funny ride pictures:

**Up next: Girl pleeeeeeze! I bet you had to google it!

OMG!! I've never seen the Chip magic shot. That is soooo cute and of course it's got to be John holding him. I love the TOT shot! Can't wait for your next update!!! :)

Love the DHS pictures! That chip picture is just toooo cute! I didn't know Chip was a photopass magic shot! The rock n roller picture is great too!

Those came out great !! :thumbsup2

Thank you!

OMG!! I've never seen the Chip magic shot. That is soooo cute and of course it's got to be John holding him. I love the TOT shot! Can't wait for your next update!!! :)

That was the first time that I had seen Chip too. Update coming soon!

Love the DHS pictures! That chip picture is just toooo cute! I didn't know Chip was a photopass magic shot! The rock n roller picture is great too!

We were loving us some Rock N RollerCoaster!

Great, fun photos!!!

Thanks!

Girl pleeeeeeze! I bet you had to google it!

Today was our Animal Kingdom day! I love the park as does Hunter. John? Well, he could take it or leave it. He’s not big on “standing around looking at animals”. He will admit, though, that Animal Kingdom is not a zoo and there's some other pretty cool stuff to look at. Mama? One year Mama got hot at the park and then it rained and she got steamy in the ponchos and she got sick. So, she has a somewhat clouded view of the park.:rolleyes: At first, she said that she was going to skip Animal Kingdom all together but then changed her mind.

You can see a bit of the birthday decorations that we had put up for Hunter in this picture:

So far, I’ve posted most of our Photopass pictures at the end of each installment but I’m going to change it up a little and post one of the pictures so that the title of this update will make sense.

While planning the trip, Lacey told me that she was going to make a couple of t-shirts for she and Jesse to wear on the trip. One of those sets of shirts would be worn to the Animal Kingdom. When they walked out in their shirts, they looked soooooo good! I loved them and they got a lot of compliments on them throughout the day.

My initial thought, well, after I thought of how cute they were, was “How in the world did she figure out what the words were on Jesse’s shirt?” She said something like “I’m smart like that.” to which I replied “Girl pleeeeze! I bet you had to google it!”. And, she admitted that she did. Smart girl!

It was time to head to the bus stop and there was one of new buses at the bus stop when we arrived:

The bus stops at Caribbean Beach have benches and Mama made good use of them as did the others:

Lickety split, a bus pulled up and it was an Animal Kingdom bus. Lovin’ the bus mojo! Before too long, we were at the Animal Kingdom and making that long walk to the front of the park. I don’t know why but it always seems like a long way. Probably just in my head.

We entered the park and, from what I can remember and from looking at my pictures, we went over to Africa and got Fastpasses for Kilimanjaro Safari:

Look at the crowd of people going the same way we were going:

Yikes!:scared1: It’s all coming back to me now....we DID get Fastpasses because of all crowds. Fastpasses in hand, we started down the Pangani Forest Exploration Trail. We had some animals to see.

The birds and the bird nests in the aviary section of the trail are so neat to me. There are birds of every color, shape and size.

**Up next: Can you see me now? Seriously? You still can?

Can you see me now? Seriously? You still can?

Somewhere in this next picture is a teeny tiny glimpse of a hippo. I can’t see it but it’s there somewhere.

Where are the meerkats? For that matter, where is anything in the enclosure? Usually, there’s something out there but not today:

Continuing on the path, we came to the glassed gorilla viewing area and we finally spotted a gorilla sitting way back in the back:

This dude was sound asleep right against the glass:

There was one gorilla in particular that we were hoping to see. And, there she is! It’s Lily!

Mom coming to check on her baby:

The man of the house continuing to sleep:

The rest of the family moved down so that others could see:

I did the same and we journeyed further down the trail to where we hoped to find more gorillas. During a previous visit, we saw two big guys almost duke it out. I’m serious! They were running at each other and making all sorts of loud grunting noises. It was so cool to watch. As we rounded the corner, we could see that there were, indeed, more gorillas out and about:

***Let me go ahead and tell ya’ll right now, there are going to be tons of gorilla pictures. I could stand there snapping pictures all day long. The gorillas fascinate me.

Tired of just seeing the side of their faces or their behinds? Me too. This is better:

**Continued in next post

As I was taking pictures of one of the gorillas, I heard someone start laughing and I saw that the other gorilla had found a towel or sheet of some sort and had used it to cover himself:

Can you see me now? Seriously? You still can?

**Continued in next post

Looks like some of my group was done watching and were ready to go:

Begrudgingly, I agreed to move along but not before I took two more pictures. This time of the pretty waterfall:

**Up next: You gotta elephant and I gotta rock! What a rip!

Girrrrrrl - You totally had to goggle that! :rotfl2: But then had to write it all down. :rotfl:

Great updates.

Jesse really knows how to rock those ride pictures, but what about the girl taking a selfie on ToT? Seriously? :confused3

I'm glad momma decided to go to AK although those crowds near the Safari are always RIDICULOUS! :faint:

You got some GREAT pics of the gorillas. Nice! I love Lily and she wasn't anywhere to be found the last time we were there. :sad2: She really hasn't grown much, has she?

Great PP pics!

AK is my all time favorite park ! I want to go there ALONE some day so i can just wander around aimlessly and take pics of all the things I love .. including the Gorillas. :goodvibes

Great AK photos! I cringed at all the people there. :scared1: Fast passes must be the best bet for getting on a ride. I feel like I walked with you through the forest with these pictures.

Does Hunter still play the viola? I played viola semi-professionally until I became a registered nurse. I helped put me through school. Now I'm retired and looking forward to my first WDW trip!

::yes::

Great AK photos! I cringed at all the people there. :scared1: Fast passes must be the best bet for getting on a ride. I feel like I walked with you through the forest with these pictures.

Does Hunter still play the viola? I played viola semi-professionally until I became a registered nurse. I helped put me through school. Now I'm retired and looking forward to my first WDW trip!

::yes::

Hey there! Fastpasses are a must when you want to see and do all of the bigger attractions. I'm anxious to see how the new Fastpass+ system works for our next trip.

Hunter does still play the viola. He started in the sixth grade and is now first chair in the high school orchestra. I'll have to tell him that it helped put you through school. I'm hoping that he gets a music scholarship.

I remember back when we were planning our first trip to Disney. I sooooo wish that I knew more going into that first trip. Thank goodness for the Disboards! Feel free to ask any and all questions you have here. If I don't know the answer, I'm sure my Dis friends will.

Love all the gorilla photos, I would hang out all day if I could and take photos.

Thank you! I could stand there for hours.

Girrrrrrl - You totally had to goggle that! :rotfl2: But then had to write it all down. :rotfl:

You know good and well that she wrote it down, checked the spelling and then rechecked it again. :rotfl:

Great updates.

Jesse really knows how to rock those ride pictures, but what about the girl taking a selfie on ToT? Seriously? :confused3

I saw that! There's no way I could hold a camera steady enough to take a picture of myself.

I'm glad momma decided to go to AK although those crowds near the Safari are always RIDICULOUS! :faint:

Mama still talks about the trip to AK that made her sick. :sad2:

You got some GREAT pics of the gorillas. Nice! I love Lily and she wasn't anywhere to be found the last time we were there. :sad2: She really hasn't grown much, has she?

I was so excited to see Lily again. I asked one of the castmembers how she was doing and she said that they were really pleased. Like you, I didn't think that she had grown much.

Great PP pics!

Thanks!

AK is my all time favorite park ! I want to go there ALONE some day so i can just wander around aimlessly and take pics of all the things I love .. including the Gorillas. :goodvibes

Hunter and I once went to the park by ourselves and John met up with us later. Hunter is my Disney buddy and likes all of the details as much as I do.

Any chance of putting what the text of Jessie's t shirt is supposed to be I'm trying to figure out what it's from/ Lion King right?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter