• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

1 crazy family+2 resorts+5 parks+1 snake+1 surprise=A Mickeystoontown report 4/3x2

Hi! I'm a long time lurker (like a year), but I love your trip reports. I have read them all and they all made me laugh. Your family seems like so much fun! I thought I'd finally post and say hi. Your TR from last year was actually the first one I started reading last summer while we were planning our trip. We also love CBR and have stayed twice no and our kids won't let us stay anywhere else! (mostly because they love the pirate room). Looking forward to reading the rest of your report! Loving hearing about Sea World! That's on our todo list for the future!

I hate that you and John are having so much stress with his job. It is a good thing that his boss realizes how important John is to his business!!

We don't take the same route as you, but we do get off the Turnpike and go in on the backside of Disney.

Great pictures of the show. I am so torn about going there. We found cheap tickets. Might still go.
Glad John got his job back.
Congrats to Hunter.
I hate chaperons that do their job.
Too bad no polar bears.
I am all caught up again. Looks like a fun day at Sea World.

Dh went nuts when he saw the pic of the killer whale food container. You know him ... he collects what others consider trash. :lmao: Almost made him want to make a special trip to Sea World to get one. :cool1:

Dh went nuts when he saw the pic of the killer whale food container. You know him ... he collects what others consider trash. :lmao: Almost made him want to make a special trip to Sea World to get one. :cool1:

That's hilarious! I remember you saying that he would want the cake box that Hunter's b-day cake came in when we took the cruise.

Great pictures of the show. I am so torn about going there. We found cheap tickets. Might still go.
Glad John got his job back.
Congrats to Hunter.
I hate chaperons that do their job.
Too bad no polar bears.
I am all caught up again. Looks like a fun day at Sea World.

I saw an advertisement that Sea World is offering $50 tickets right now. That's a great price!

Sea World is a nice place to go if you want to venture offsite.

I hate that you and John are having so much stress with his job. It is a good thing that his boss realizes how important John is to his business!!

We don't take the same route as you, but we do get off the Turnpike and go in on the backside of Disney.

Right now, things are better at John's job but we're waiting to see if things will change.

When we came back to Disney from the Port after the cruise, we came in from the backside of Disney and I didn't like it at all. I wanted to see all those giant billboards in the medians and alongside the road.

Thank you for posting the directions!! Hope things slow down soon.

You are welcome! As far as mileage goes, it's about the same. The traffic does add about 15 minutes or so to the trip but we don't mind.

Hi! I'm a long time lurker (like a year), but I love your trip reports. I have read them all and they all made me laugh. Your family seems like so much fun! I thought I'd finally post and say hi. Your TR from last year was actually the first one I started reading last summer while we were planning our trip. We also love CBR and have stayed twice no and our kids won't let us stay anywhere else! (mostly because they love the pirate room). Looking forward to reading the rest of your report! Loving hearing about Sea World! That's on our todo list for the future!

Welcome and thanks for de-lurking!

Every year, we think "should we stay somewhere else?" but always go back to the CBR. It's just too good to pass up.

Sea World was a great place to visit and we had a lot of fun. We skipped all of the rides and concentrated just on the shows and exhibits because we knew Mama wouldn't like the rides. Even still, we really enjoyed the park.

Just got back from 4 wonderful, relaxing days in Wells Beach Maine with my daughter and 2 grandson's. So I finally caught up with your tr. Glad you had such a good day at SeaWorld.

Ahhh, that sounds relaxing! I need a little relaxation right now.

Awe… you almost had me crying with the story about John's upbringing and his job and then getting his job back… I hope everything works out well for you guys!

Mama got to see her Whales! YAY!!!! :yay:

My girls would LOVE that box with the chicken and fries. Who am I kidding… Catie would have loved just the "fret fwies!" That kid won't eat a THING if she sees fries on the table! I have started baking sweet potato fries when we are at home, because at least that way, I know the "fret fwies" have some sort of good-for-you aspect to them, because she eats them up!

John's upbringing was strange/odd/mean to say the least. The man tries his best to please his parents to this day and be accepted by them.

Fret Fwies! Too cute! I bake my fries too and tried to sneak in the sweet potato fries but they didn't go over very well.

Once again, I must thank you for your chapter links because that is the only possible way for me to keep up!

:thumbsup2

I loved your postings about the Shamu show. How great that your mom saw her first whales. And those are some amazing, acrobatic creatures!

Mama kept saying that she couldn't believe something so big could do tricks like that.

Your pictures from the show are FANTASTIC!!! I especially love the ones showing them splashing.

I was surprised that any of my pictures turned out since I was snapping and watching at the same time.

Really nice picture of the Beluga whale and I'm glad the walrus gave you quite a show.

It's hard to get pics of the belugas because the lighting is so low so I was thankful that the trainer sent them over our way.

You probably didn't miss much by not seeing the Wild Arctic movie. The only thing I remember from the movie was a typo in the subtitles- use of insure instead of ensure. I couldn't get past that and wanted to offer my services as a proof-reader.

I hate it when I see typos like that when you know that these big corporations have the money to hire a proof reader.

Wrote out this reply last night but I had computer issues, here's another stab at it:

I remember the Wild Arctic exhibit from when I was there in 2004. The "Helicopter" tour is in a "Star Tours" type ride vehicle. I love that exhibit, the Beluga Whales are so neat but too bad you didn't get to see the Polar Bears.

The last time we went to Sea World, we did the non-moving side of the film but I don't remember much about it.

I hated that we didn't get to see polar bears. That would have been one more bucket list item for Mama.

Congrats to Hunter! My daughter got her license this summer too. Now I worry all the time!

I'm glad to hear that your husband had an opportunity to talk things out with his boss. Phew!

And most importantly, our 2014 trips will overlap! We are there 5/21-5/28! I'd be honored if you'd be my first Dis meet! :woohoo:

I told Hunter that he has to call us every time he arrives somewhere so that I won't worry.

Oh cool! We really do need to meet up! If you start a pre-trip report, let me know. If not, I usually write one and I'll post the link here.

Oh, what fun! I love the belugas. They are my favorite. I could stand and watch them for hours. I am gald you are enjoying your day at Sea World.

It got crowded in the beluga whale area very quickly so we didn't stand around too long. I could have though.

We missed the polar bears when we went! I didn't even see them on the map.

Those beluga whales are so cute! They look like they are smiling!

Darn elusive polar bears! Maybe they were so good at hiding that neither one of us saw them. :laughing:

Looks like you guys had a great Sea World day! I am amazed that you got the Beluga whale picture-they never came that close for us. Maybe we will have to go back when they are feeding them.

I was afraid that the beluga pictures would be really bad and was surprised when some came out pretty darn good.

Sounds like a great day at Sea world! I'm so glad Mama got to see the whales! Great pictures!

I was so glad that she got to see them too!

This same type of thing happened with my husband in January, he was just starting his own company and was working for another to supplement until things took off, I understood why he decided to quit, it was a nightmare, but it does weigh heavy on the other person. Hang in there, things always tend to work out.

Even though we understand our hubby's decisions, it still packs a big old punch when they call and say they quit.

I don't know if it's so much she's a scary driver as I'm a worrier. Don't drive too fast, watch out for that, don't pull out yet.....:lmao: I'm sure I was the same with her sisters, in fact DSIL took DD21 out on the highway for the first time and had her drive to the next town over (about an hour by highway) and she said DD did fine. I'm sure I would have been like this :scared1: the whole time.

I worry too so I know how you feel. I've been surprisingly calm riding with Hunter.

I make the bags in all sizes and colors and would be glad to post more info on them. Let me get my sewing room back in order and I'll post some pics.

Lisa,

Sorry to see you have been stressed and worried about John's job. I know how that goes.And being busy is definitely the trend for everyone right now.
So I completely understand and hope that now things will get better for your DH now that he talked to his boss. And hopefully you can relax and not worry

Things are good right now but still busy.

We have been very busy getting my son ready to go to College! :scared1: :sad: My first one to go! Im excited and nervous and very proud all at the same time!

I know that feeling well. You are excited for then hate to see them go. Is he attending a college close by?

When things are under control would still really like to see your bags. Whenever you have a chance!! Thanks!!

Took some pictures and will be putting them on Photobucket. I'll be sure to put the link to the pictures on the first page so everyone can find them.

I love the guy behind y'all that looks like he is sleeping..............:lmao:. He must be related to Dale and John :rotfl:.

He does doesn't he!

Mama got to see more whales! I love the Wild Arctic. That's too bad about the rude boys and lack of chaperones doing their job. In October when we last did that attraction, they weren't showing the movie either.

Love the pic of the Beluga up close. That walrus is a character. Did he swim upside down too?

How did you like the chocolate cake? Dh and Grumpy don't care for it because it's cherry flavored in it.

Hunter is famous.

It makes me wonder if the non-moving side only runs periodically.

The walrus would swim all sorts of ways. It's amazing how that big old thing could move around.

The chocolate cake was sooooo chocolatey that I didn't even notice any cherry flavor. I like chocolate but not that much.

I love that Walrus clip. That was awesome!

I am really liking Seaworld. It looks like a great place to visit. What a pretty park.

So glad momma had a great day!

The walrus wouldn't even slow down when he got to the window. It was neat and kind of scary all at once.

The park landscaping is beautiful!

I love the Arctic section! Don't worry too much about missing the video. It's cute, but more just pretending you are getting in a helicopter and flying up to the Arctic, then you come out of the theater into the Arctic exhibits. The video pales in comparison to Soarin'! :thumbsup2:rotfl2:

You got some good shots of the Belugas! That room is a bit darker so it's harder to get clear shots of them. Too bad the Polar Bears weren't there. The walrus is cool though, with his routine that brings him close to guests.

I'm not a huge chocolate fan, but that cake looks delicious if you love chocolate. And the penguin peeking out of your bag is adorable. :goodvibes

It was hard to get pictures in the beluga whale portion of Wild Artic. It was an odd color in there and the pictures would turn out bluish.

The cake was good but it was super de duper chocolatey.

Hunter is driving those boats with his new license.
Sounds like a lot has been happening on the home front since I last read, but I am glad things are calming down. Has work practices changed yet then at John's job? I hope it gets all straightened out fast.

Goodness Jen! Don't go putting any ideas in Hunter's mind. :rotfl:

So far, things at John's work are better but we have out doubts that it will stay that way.

it looks like you guys sat at about the same spot we did for the whale show too.
They are just so beautiful. But don't make the mistake I did and research them after the fact. You will feel depressed about how the whales we obtained originally. It's amazing how many of the whales still are one captured in the wild. Yes they have babies now, but I was shocked at how many they had captured over the years ...and how many died till they could figure out how to care for them properly.

After the death of the trainer, I did do some research on the whales and it was sad.

I have to ask. We obviously watch Duck Dynasty. We have seen one episode several times and it was just on again the other day. It is when the A/C goes out and they have Mountainman come to repair it. They says something along the lines that mountainman is the only AC repairman in 100 miles. I really find that hard to believe? Thats not true is it?

Mountain Man is definitely not the only one in 100 miles from the main city of West Monroe but way out where Phil and Kay live, I bet there's no air conditioner men. They live out in the boonies. West Monroe is a pretty small town and there are a few air conditioner services but finding a good one is hard, that's for sure.

Awwww I LOVE the beluga whales! They look so incredibly gentle and friendly!
Having that giant walrus coming straight at the glass would be a little nerve wracking, also pretty cool though. Amazing how those giant creatures move so slick through the water :thumbsup2
That chocolate cake looks so delicious... *Drool!*

Watching the walrus was neat but it was a little scary at the same time. He didn't even slow down when he got to the glass. He just hit it straight on.

Loved the update! Loving the photos as well. We didn't go to the whale show last year. Don't know what those kids were thinking, but they just weren't into it the day we were there. I bet we didn't spend more than 6 hours at Sea World and they wanted to go. (it was really HOT, so that may have had something to do with it)

Kids! What do they know? :lmao: Sea World is definitely different from Disney, that's for sure.

Great update! :)

Thanks!

Great update! Love the walrus.

No hurry on the directions, we have a little while before we go. :lmao:

Posted the directions for you!

OOOOh....more whales. I listened to the video with the walrus...that was very cool.

I love polar bears, but often wonder why they have them in states where it gets really hot, even if indoors?

Love the little box Hunter's lunch came in.

Wasn't that neat how you could hear the walrus rubbing up against the glass. He was going so fast too.

Hmmm...possible new route to drive...

A woman who worked for my husband just left and moved to The Villages. She wants us to come down to visit her there, so that could be a good route for us sometime.

We usually take "The Ol' 4-2-9" off the Turnpike when we go. You miss the billboards and stuff, but, if it's light out, you get a very distant view of The Contemporary and sometimes the castle. And there is absolutely no traffic at all. My husband has actually stopped in the middle of the road at the welcome sign and let me take a picture (from inside the car, not outside). We are usually the only people on the road.

Hmmm...possible new route to drive...

A woman who worked for my husband just left and moved to The Villages. She wants us to come down to visit her there, so that could be a good route for us sometime.

We usually take "The Ol' 4-2-9" off the Turnpike when we go. You miss the billboards and stuff, but, if it's light out, you get a very distant view of The Contemporary and sometimes the castle. And there is absolutely no traffic at all. My husband has actually stopped in the middle of the road at the welcome sign and let me take a picture (from inside the car, not outside). We are usually the only people on the road.

We actually have two different routes but the one that I posted a while ago is the one we use the most. We've gone right by The Villages many times. Every time we have been, the traffic going turning onto the Turnpike has been busy. I need to look at "The Ol' 4-2-9" though. I didn't know that you could see The Contemporary or the castle going that way.

I say that I'll check into it but John is a creature of habit and would rather just go the same ole way that we know to go.

Finally got the backsack and pillowcase dresses pictures uploaded to Photobucket since several of you have wanted to see them.

These are simply examples although I do still have several of these already made and they are available to be shipped now. Mickey or Minnie (with the bow) can be added to any of the backsacks.

I also make little girl pillowcase dresses and the cost varies according to size. Sample pictures are posted below as well.

Lacey makes Mickey/Minnie hair bows and examples of those are being posted too.

For easy reference, I'm going to post a link on the first page.

If ya'll are interested, just shoot me a p.m. and we'll chat about the fabrics that I have on hand, color combinations, customization, prices, etc.

**Edited to add: Ugggggh! Stupid Photobucket! The backsack pictures are showing up sideways even though they are straight on their site. I'll try to fix them. At least you can get an idea of what they look like....even if you do have to turn your head to the side. Oh and excuse the wrinkles!

Lisa,

Unfortunately my son is NOT going to college close by. He is going 7 1/2 - 8 hours away!! :sad1: But I'll get over it eventually I guess. We are so proud of him and his ambitions, so that will hopefully supersede the sadness soon enough. Thanks for asking!

Oh my gosh, those dresses are adorable! My 2 little girls (4 and almost 7) would love them! I may have to talk to you about ordering some...

A couple of those backsacks and the dresses look familiar. ;) Thanks again. :hug:

I was going to mention that one looked very familiar to me. :) (The orange one with the multicolor Mickey.)

I was hiking the other day and was wishing I'd had my backsack with me. Who says they are just for Disney trips????

ETA that the next thread I went to after finishing this one is called "You just lost 80 pounds! What are you going to do next?" by Millie12591 and guess what was in one of her pics? A mickeystoontown backsack! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3118452&page=18 Post 257.

Your little dresses are SO cute. I don't think I could get me 17 year old daughter to wear one though. ;)

Wanted to pop in and check for an update before I leave for Disney tomorrow. Try not to do too many while I'm gone. :)

Congrats to Hunter:cool1:

Praying everything works out with John's job.

Love the beluga whales! I want to go to Sea World so much but it is sooo hard to take even minutes away from Disney:eek:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter