1 bedroom at BC or 2 Bedroom at OKW or SS

kpoohmom

Earning My Ears
We have a 1 bedroom reserved at the Beach Club Villas in Sept for 5 days.We are planning on going to the Food and Wine Festival at Epcot for 1 or 2 days, and a day at Hollywood Studios during our stay. The other 2 days we have tickets for MNSSHP one evening, and a day at the Animal Kingdom. We now have another couple that wants to join us, so do I switch resorts for the extra bedroom and bathroom at OKW or SS or opt to be a little crowded at the BCV to be close to Epcot and Hollywood Studios.

Last edited:
I would absolutely switch to a 2 bedroom if you're sharing with another couple. I'd a get 2 bedroom lock-off so they also have their own kitchenette, incase they are earlier or later risers and want coffee in the morning.

BC/BW are the ideal locations for your plans. Easy walk/boat ride to both EPCOT and HS. If you could get BLT or AK-K you will get that 2nd Bathroom. You could try for 2 studios. Sharing 1 bath could be a problem. Have a great trip.

It's a choice between extra space & a private bathroom for each couple vs location. Which do you value more?

You will have a second bathroom in a two bedroom at OKW. The master bathroom is split into two rooms. You will have a seperate laundry room and the units are noticably larger than at the other resorts you mentioned. It also does not share a bus with any other resort.

Being close to F&W is fantastic. But a two-bedroom unit is so much more comfortable if two couples are going. Having two bathrooms alone is a life-saver. We made the change from a one-bedroom to a two-bedroom unit at OKW for our trip last month when my cousin and her husband decided to join us. We were lucky to be able to make the switch pretty much at the last moment. We had tons of room and it was a lot less “awkward”.

Conversely, a one-bedroom unit at BLT has two full bathrooms, which is a great convenience. One couple will still be sleeping on the couch, but at least you won’t be sharing a bathroom.

Thanks to all who replied, we decided to book a 2 bedroom at OKW. That is our home resort and we do love it there and I am sure we will appreciate the extra space.

Thanks to all who replied, we decided to book a 2 bedroom at OKW. That is our home resort and we do love it there and I am sure we will appreciate the extra space.
I think that was a good choice!

Doesn't get any better than Beach Club Villas or Boardwalk Villas for The Wine & Food Festival...location, location, location!

I'm a fan of OKW, particularly following refurb, but I'd usually chose BWV/ BCV over OKW.
However with another couple going, that would push me to the OKW 2 bed.
I would switch resorts, and waitlist a 2 bed standard BWV. Unlikely to come through at that time and this late in the day, but I did get a 2 bed standard BWV myself on waitlist this year, waitlist put in at 7 months, so you've nothing to lose by doing it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter