1/2day, full day, 1/2day Trip Report from Aug/07 Part 1

CanadianPaco

I miss my tags!
We knew we wanted include DL in our California vacation this summer but it took a little juggling when we added all our other SoCa venues! But we did it!

Cast: me :hippie: , DH:cool2: and our DD, 9princess:

Sunday August 19th: We checked out of our Manhattan Beach Hotel and head for the LA Farmer's Market! Shopped and ate and had a great time! Then off to Hollywood and Highland where we shopped, people-gawked and also had a great time! By 2pm, we were off to HoJo's in Anaheim!

We LOVED HoJo's!! It was wonderful!! We were in room 1717 and had a GREAT DL view! Worth it for us!!! The tree lined view was OK with very well-trimmed pines. The fridge was super cold too!

Knowing that the parks would still be busy, we spent a couple of sun-soaked hours at the pools! The pools were fantastic - clean and not crowded!:thumbsup2

Around 4-ish we made our way back to the room and got ready for dinner at Mimi's! Everyone's reviews about this place was 110% accurate! Super service and wonderful atmosphere!! Well into our wait for our dinner, the power went out! The emergency lights created a nice setting but we were getting a little concerned if our food would ever come out! It turns out that the whole block lost power - right up to HoJos and down to Mc Donald's! Most people ended up leaving but our food was the last to be prepared and came out seaming hot!! When we were finished (in the semi-dark) we were one of a few families inthe whole restaurant! Power was our for about 2 hours! But not at the park....

So off we went to Dinseyland! It was DH and DD's first time!!

I had Ridemaxed plans for months getting ready for this summer trip!! I had versions for all sorts of times, break downs and ride preferences! It was, again, worth it!!!

We got to the park about 6pm on SUnday. People were well on their way to lining up for the parade. We walked into "Disneyland: The First 50 Years". I thought this would be a great way to start our time there - and it was! :goodvibes Not crowded, cool and very entertaining. When we got out though, the parade was about to start and we needed to get to Pirates! A quick rope line across Main Street and we were on our way!

We thought DL Pirates was fanatstic, better than the one in WDW! :goodvibes It seemed longer, I guess but sure enjoyable! Ridemax sent us over to the Haunted Mnasion next, again, with next to no line on a very crowded Sunday evening!

I forgot to mention that it was the final day of Bat Weekend!:confused: I read about it but had no clue what it meant! Surely, DL wasn't giving out bats! :laughing: Well, it was "Goth" weekend and needless to say, Haunted Mansion was a favourite of theirs!!!

Then to Mr Toad's Wild Ride which broke down as we were just about to board. We waited about 10min and then had the ride of our lives. None of knew what to expect and we weren't disappointed by this little gem of a ride!:yay:

Right on schedule, we were off to Small World! It was beautiful! The fast moving line was a pleasure! Nuf said!

So that left us schedule free - we bought DD her Silver-lightup-Anniversary Ears!! And rode Astro Orbitors before watching the fireworks from Tomorrowland!:wave: We had planned to watch them from our room but when we asked a CM what time it was, he said 8pm. So we stuck around. After riding Astro, the fireworks were starting! Needless to say, a key to making Ridemax work, is wearing a watch!!!:thumbsup2

We joined to sea of people leaving after the fireworks and took that 8min walk back to HoJo's! What a great start!!!:upsidedow Part 2 to follow!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter