1/2 price tickets for Canadians

PKS44

DIS Veteran
My MIL is Canadian, my FIL is not. They will be at WDW in Jan. Disney has a d eal right now for buy one hopper pass , get second for 1/2 price but it is for Canadians ONLY....would they be able to take advantage of this since his would be full price...or is this only for two Canadians??, no mixed marriages allowed...

Paul

I think it will depend on where they live. If in Canada, I think they will be fine as they need to show proof of residency. If they live in the US, they will probably be out of luck.

Maybe you could just buy regular tickets at the Disney Store ... they don't charge taxes on them and you'd be paying in Canadian dollars. I don't think they check proof of residency on those ones... I wonder if Disney is really strict on checking on proof of residency.

as Sandra stated. When I went last month because I picked them up at WDW ticket window, YES they checked to see if a lived in Canada, I'm pretty sure the also ask for it at the Disney stores here. (that's what they told me on the phone)
But even in WDW and problably at TDS they only checked my address not anyone else that I purchaced for.
They never asked for ID after that (e.i going into the park each day)
But again, it goes by where they live and not citizenship.

Bunnyfoo is incorrect about buying Disney passes in Canada.

Since the passes are valid in the state of Florida only, Disney Stores charge FL sales tax regardless of where they are sold.

Maybe the Disney Stores in Canada incorporates the Florida sales tax into the price of the tickets. I was refering to the GST & PST (Canadian sales tax) ... I was not charged these taxes when I purchased my tickets. Have things changed?

I was refering to the GST & PST (Canadian sales tax) ... I was not charged these taxes when I purchased my tickets. Have things changed?

That's my understanding, too, bunnyfoo. I've always had good luck buying my tickets at the Disney Store with my DC discount.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter