1/2 marathon resorts

dancemomof03

Disney Lover
Hi everyone,
My friend and I decided that we are going to run the Princess 1/2 marathon in February 2016. It says on their website that they recommend staying at one of the host resorts on Disney, but they don't have them listed yet. Does anyone know which resorts are typically the host resorts? Also are there ever any discounts? TIA

I would guess that they don't change too much from 1/2 to 1/2 or marathon. My wife and I ran the W&D 1/2 in 2013 and stayed at POFQ. This was taken from the RunDisney website for the 2015 W&D 1/2 at 12:13 pm on 4/23/2015. I would also like to say that unless things have changed... Even though it is a RunDisney website you won't be able to do your 180+10 for dining reservations if you book through the RunDisney site. Kind of odd but if you book through the WDW site you won't get the RunDisney discount on the room but can do the 180+10 for dining reservations.

We got 20% of nightly room rate for the Friday, Saturday and Sunday for the W&D 1/2. If they are offering a better "special" at the time on the WDW website it may be better to book through it. Just my 2cents. :)

HOTEL ACCOMMODATIONS

Below are the Event Host Resorts that are available and include transportation to weekend events. To book a Resort at the special runDisney rate, call 407-939-IRUN.

DISNEY VALUE RESORTS

All%20Star%20Sports%20180x110.jpg

Packages start as low as $110 per person for a two night stay.

DISNEY MODERATE RESORTS

Carribean%20Beach%20180x110.jpg

Packages start as low as $152 per person for a two night stay.

DISNEY DELUXE RESORTS

yacht-club-crop.jpg

Packages start as low as $299 per person for a two night stay.

DISNEY DELUXE VILLA RESORTS

travel-wdw-deluxe-resort-180x110.jpg

Packages start as low as $345 per person for a two night stay.

Call 407-939-IRUN to make your reservations!

Last edited:
I would guess that they don't change too much from 1/2 to 1/2 or marathon.

They do differ. ALL resorts are hosts for the Jan and Feb WDW events. And the discounts will very likely differ, too.

Not being able to do 180+10 is a glitch right now; call instead of doing it online. I've read nothing prior that indicates that that perk is gone when booking through rundisney. Can book through Orbitz and get the 180+10, so why not rundisney?

When I ran the Princess Half Marathon in 2010, we stayed at POR and the race transportation was spot-on. No issues! We also stayed there for the Disney Half Marathon in January 2012 and, again, a great resort with reliable transportation to the start line. We stayed at WL for the Disney Marathon in 2011 and I honestly have no memories of that morning - I was probably too cold and nervous!! But I don't remember any issues so, again, I think the transportation was probably fine.

They do differ. ALL resorts are hosts for the Jan and Feb WDW events. And the discounts will very likely differ, too.

Not being able to do 180+10 is a glitch right now; call instead of doing it online. I've read nothing prior that indicates that that perk is gone when booking through rundisney. Can book through Orbitz and get the 180+10, so why not rundisney?

We did call after we could not book the 180+10 online for our trip. The CM on the phone said that we could not book the 180+10 due to our trip being booked through RunDisney. This was back in 2013 though so things could have changed between then and now. I also called more than one time and got the same response through RunDisney and WDW.

I have emailed the RunDisney website about the 180+10 while booking through their site. I will post the response once I get it. :)

I did get two automated responses. One says "Please allow us 2-3 business days to respond as we may be out making Disney Runners Dreams come true" and the other says "Please allow 4-6 business days to response as we may be out making Disney Runners dreams come true.". I'm guessing that by May 1st I may have the answer.. :)

Last edited:

Any word on the 180+10 glitch? I am running the marathon in January - I can't believe I just typed those words - and I'm responsible for planning & booking for me and 3 friends.

If you look at the dining and the DVC pages, you'll see that the 180+10 problem is going strong. Ugh.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter