1+10 Rules

Wiloughby1

Challenge Accepted
Hi! I followed DISBoards when I was planning my 2009 trip, but joined this time to plan my 2011 trip. I want to do better this time and can use all the help I can get...I have to tell the planning part of the story, before I get to ADRs for my question to make sense, so please bare with me...

So my parents have an offsite timeshare for 4/29-5/6. DH and I want to add either 2 nights before or 2 nights after to stay at AKL. We may make it more, if a good deal (40% room only) comes along as it has for this year. I booked 4/27-4/29 in a moment of impulse.

Here's the rub- Touring Plans says peak days end the Wednesday 4/26. This would lead me to believe that the deals would probably come out for the following weekend, 5/7, rather than 4/27.

I'm deciding if I should book the whole ten days, then wait for the sale and narrow which end we will add on.

We only want 2 ADRs- Crystal Palace and Tusker House, earliest breakfast possible, and we want Tusker House while we're staying at AKL, and Crystal Palace while we are offsite.

Here's what I am unclear about...

If I book my stay for the 10 days, call for my ADRs on 10/30 as the CM said I could, and then cancel my stay for part of the days, do I lose my ADRs that are on my canceled stay days? I figured I'd book one Tusker House for the first Friday (4/28) and one for Mother's Day (5/7) and then Crystal Palace for midweek, then cancel the ADR for the Tusker House breakfast that we won't use, but if canceling part of my stay would cancel ADRs for days we would be staying offsite, I would have to start over. Should I just make the ones for the days I booked and not use the 10 advantage, taking the risk? Or am I safe booking ADRs even if I cancel a portion of my stay to stay offsite?

Sorry for all the confusion, but I am REALLY confused, and with only the 2 character breakfasts, I want them to be super special for my little ones!

Thanks in advance,
Autumn

Resort reservations are NOT connected to dining reservations (besides allowing you to book at 180+10 instead of 180). Canceling your resort stay will not touch your dining.

Easter Sunday in 2011 is April 24. Peak room rates usually surround Easter. You may have to wait to see until the prices come out in August.

Thanks Lily, that's what I wasn't clear about...

As for the Easter thing, that's what I've been looking at. Next year seems to be a strange calendar. Because Easter is so late, it seems that the larger school districts have their breaks before Easter this year, ending on that Monday, rather than after, thus allowing for review time before state testing. I will hang on until August though. I don't think there will be a room shortage and it won't impact my 180 days

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter