04/27/11 DCL's WONDERful LA-VANCOUVER REPO ON THE WAY TO ALAKSA

Hello cruisers! :wave2: I am reading all the posts but not posting much because I am a first time cruiser and have no clue. :confused3 Also I'm 30 days out from my first WDW Christmas. :cool1: Thanks for the tip on leaving the fur boots at home. :thumbsup2:rotfl2:

I am so happy that I have this cruise to look forward to. It will help with the sadness when the Christmas trip is through -- over a year in planning -- and soon we will be done. :sad2:

Any cruise things I should look at while at WDW or just ooh and aah over the busses? ;)

Everyone is so nice on this thread. I look forward to meeting you. :goodvibes

You are in the right place! Before our first cruise, I bought a Passporter, then it led me to wdwinfo.com, which led me to the DIS. I was so happy to find people chatting about everything I needed to know! I have made some wonderful friendships! :goodvibes There is a thread out there that has all the best cruise tips - lots of good tips. I couldn't find it just now, but it will show up again. I'm looking forward to meeting everyone, too! Have a wonderful time at WDW!!!

Elaine , I called about your return trip LOL....

Linda , no croc stock, I don't think they will last...

Linda! I received my party favors last night! Thanks so much! It was so fun to get Disney mail!!!:yay: I have a question about the contest postcards - it says "share with a friend and get up to 20 more chances to win." Do you know what that means? I was going to have DH bring some of those entry cards to Disney fans at work.

Yes, share the cards so more can sign up!

Linda! I received my party favors last night! Thanks so much! It was so fun to get Disney mail!!!:yay: I have a question about the contest postcards - it says "share with a friend and get up to 20 more chances to win." Do you know what that means? I was going to have DH bring some of those entry cards to Disney fans at work.

As you work through the process on the card, there is a screen that allows you to input up to 20 e-mail addresses. I assume a contest chance is e-mailed to the people you list.

Ken P.

Ok.. it's November 19 now soooooo.....
party::cake::bday::cake:party:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY KEN!!
party::cake::bday::cake:party:

Safe travels ... See ya real soon!!

Oh yeah, and we're one day closer to our cruises!! ;)

Thanks everyone! Just waiting for our flight at LAX right now. Can't wait to get to Florida.

Ken P.

OK - Busy day today with the travel time to Florida. Got to Nashville and found out we were delayed 2 hours! We were trying to make it to WDW to get to a ticket office before closing so I could get my Birthday gift card and meet Leslie at the Polynesian for a Dole Whip.

Anyway, finally landed in Orlando at 7:30pm. Got the rental and headed out to Epcot. Got to a ticket booth by 8:30 and got the gift card (hey - $79 is nothing to sneeze at!). Then went over to the Polynesian to meet Leslie. We had some time to kill so we went into the Wyland Gallery.

Well, long story-short, I had seen a Manatee piece by Wyland last April that I thought would look great in the Florida house. But it was very expensive. Anyway, as we are looking around the shop, I spotted the piece and said "hey look, the Manatee". Then I noticed a poster next to the piece that said "Happy Birthday Ken, Love Shari".

Needless to say, my jaw hit the floor. Shari had been working on this surprise for 6 months and I had no idea. So, even with the travel delays, it was a great birthday! And thanks to everyone who posted birthday wishes today!!

OK - Well, long story-short, I had seen a Manatee piece by Wyland last April that I thought would look great in the Florida house. But it was very expensive. Anyway, as we are looking around the shop, I spotted the piece and said "hey look, the Manatee". Then I noticed a poster next to the piece that said "Happy Birthday Ken, Love Shari".

Needless to say, my jaw hit the floor. Shari had been working on this surprise for 6 months and I had no idea. So, even with the travel delays, it was a great birthday! And thanks to everyone who posted birthday wishes today!!

Ken looks like you have a GREAT friend/family:woohoo:!! That friend/family went above and beyond for you to make this day EXTRA SPECIAL!!! That is one GREAT B-day present! Enjoy and enjoy WDW.

Cindy

Good Morning Everyone! Another day closer to the cruise!!

Nice morning here in Florida - overcast and cool - just like back home.

Ken P.

Good Morning Cruisers!

Laurie - great to see that you will be joining us!!!!!

This is my weekly post, cannot seem to get to the boards more often.

Have a great day all!

OK - Busy day today with the travel time to Florida. Got to Nashville and found out we were delayed 2 hours! We were trying to make it to WDW to get to a ticket office before closing so I could get my Birthday gift card and meet Leslie at the Polynesian for a Dole Whip.

Anyway, finally landed in Orlando at 7:30pm. Got the rental and headed out to Epcot. Got to a ticket booth by 8:30 and got the gift card (hey - $79 is nothing to sneeze at!). Then went over to the Polynesian to meet Leslie. We had some time to kill so we went into the Wyland Gallery.

Well, long story-short, I had seen a Manatee piece by Wyland last April that I thought would look great in the Florida house. But it was very expensive. Anyway, as we are looking around the shop, I spotted the piece and said "hey look, the Manatee". Then I noticed a poster next to the piece that said "Happy Birthday Ken, Love Shari".

Happy belated birthday! That was a great story about a wonderful surprise!

Just popping on to wish all our fellow cruisers a happy and safe Thanksgiving. :flower3:

I'm thankful to have found a nice bunch of cruisers who can help us with our first cruise. pirate:

Back from my quick trip to WDW....didn't get any park time in this trip...too much homework to do....We did manage to see the decorations at the Poly and the Contemp. It was fun to spend time with friends and can't wait to go back to WDW in a few weeks to the park decorations....

I had to share 2 of my favourtite pictures from this trip...hopefully it will get you all in the Christmas mood...

Mickey Wreath at the Contemporary Resort...

by Day

P1150137-1.jpg

by Night...

P1150167-1.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter