• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

01/04/05 4 Day Magic Roll Call

:moped: Alyssa, we are also leaving about 4:30 am and will be at the POP Century late Sunday afternoon.

Have a safe trip.

See everyone on board :moped:

Safe travels to those who are heading out today!!!

I fell asleep last night on the living room floor waiting for the ball to drop in Times Square, by the time I woke up and crawled into bed, it was 12:10am.

I awoke at 3:30 this morning to the sounds I'm not familiar with, but I remember my mom talking about it. It sounds like a baby crying outside, but it is actually an animal of somekind. All I know, is that it woke me up out of a sound sleep, and now I can't go back to sleep. I can still hear it bellowing outside, what a sound!!! Other than that, it is quite relaxing here!!!

Seems like a lot of lime green will be worn in the DCL Terminal on Tuesday, I feel sorry for the people who might be wearing lime green and don't know anything about the DIS, LOL!!!

Happy 2005!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO EVERYONE !!

My DH & I are wicked partiers. Let's see, we fell asleep watching regular shows around 9:00 pm, went into bed by 9:30 & watched news until 10:30 & then went to sleep for the night. :rolleyes: My son had a friend over & they stayed up until mid-night watching movies, but we cancelled our company & our traditional watching of "It's a Wonderful Life" on tape, because we were both exhausted & still not feeling that well. (Thanks for asking, Andy) But, we're feeling better today & looking forward to getting together with Verandah Man & his wife a little bit later.

I did tape an hour of the ball dropping (11:30-12:30) & I hope it came out. Not as good as seeing it live, but we'll still get to see it. I kept being awakened by fireworks outside our window & to check on the boys.

Everyone arriving here in FL will be having gorgeous weather. I hope we have the same on the ship. I know I'll have to re-book while we're on board. I'm already thinking about how it'll be over by this time next week.

Again, safe travels everyone & a happy & healthy New Year & 2005.

{Andy, check for a pm}

For those who haven't left for Florida yet let me tell you what the weather is predicted to be for the next few days. The high temps from Saturday through Wednesday will be between 77-80 with overnight temps in the upper 50's.

I was able to fall back to sleep around 4:30 this morning and woke up again at 8:45 then went out and sat down on my mom's backdoor step. It is so lovely down here for January 1st!!! In a short five more years (Lord willing) Hazel and I will be spending our winters here in Florida.

Hurry on down fellow 1-4-05 cruisers!!!! :wave:

Thanks for the weather update, I'm now fairly confident that I packed the right clothes.

We did our traditional First Night in Boston with the kids. It was downright balmy with temps in the upper 40's. One ice sculpture fell victim to the warmth at about 7pm last night, but the others looked beautiful. DH had to work, so the kids and I took the T into Fanuiel Hall and did some shopping. Radio Disney was putting on a concert at City Hall. We strolled by there and went to Boston Common to watch the skaters on Frog Pond and to see the sculptures. We met DH for an early dinner at Bennigans and then found spots to watch the parade. At 7:10 they have an early fireworks show and while it wasn't Wishes, they still did a great job. To round out our night, we always end up at a spot called Finales. It's basically a dessert lounge, but they do have some light dinner offerings too. The pastry chefs are on display and you can watch everything being made. Even with wandering around afterwards, we still managed to be home by 9:30 and into bed at 10pm. Today is my b-day (I'm 29 again) so the kids are taking me out for breakfast and then I have some last minute cruise shopping to do.

See you soon cruisers :boat:

Tammi

TammiMcMan said:
Today is my b-day (I'm 29 again) so the kids are taking me out for breakfast and then I have some last minute cruise shopping to do. See you soon cruisers :boat: Tammi

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Tammi. :rockband: :cake: :bday:
I just had that same birthday. It's amazing how many of us cruising are 29 yo old (again!) :rolleyes:

:cool1: We are having another beautiful day here in Florida. The sun is rising and the temps are on the way to the mid to upper 70's later today.

Hazel and I had a very nice visit with Caril (dclwdwlover) and her DH and DS last evening, this is one super family to get to know!!!!! We look forward to having them as our tablemates during our cruise this coming week.

I'm waiting for Hazel to wake up, we have a few errands we need to take of this morning. :cool1:

For those who are starting their travels to Florida today, have safe travels!!!

Verandah Man said:
Melody, when you and EB head out of the MCO Airport, follow the signs for the North Exit, this will take you right to the Beeline 528. We were out of the airport and on 528 in less than 10 minutes.
Andy
Thank you for that update. I made a note of it in the directions you gave me via email. Thank you so much for this...it is a huge help!

I hope you're enjoying FL -- we'll see you in less than 2 days!

Now I have to go get my butt in gear and get packing!!! :earboy2:

Mel

Thanks for the birthday wishes everyone. I am officially done packing. I managed one rolling suitcase, DH has the garment bag and we have our carry on's still with plenty of room for souveniers. It's a work day tomorrow, but we should be in the Florida warmth by 9:30 tomorrow night.

Travel safe everyone and we'll see you soon.

Tammi

We are enjoying this "BEAUTIFUL" weather. I'm watching the weather forecast on the TV right now. The next five days are going to be beautiful in the mid to upper 70's and "NO" rain is in the forecast through Friday!!! The overnight lows will be in the mid to upper 50's through the end of this coming week. Hazel and I have been walking around in shorts and t-shirts since arriving the other day.

See everyone real soon!!!

Andy

Tammi

Please take Care of Andy And Hazel THEY CAN BE A HANDFUL...

Remember what happened last Cruise Andy :rolleyes: :D

Have a Great Trip all of U.. And All i Can Say is I need a Cruise...
BAD..Nothing until MAY 14th

Hygiene99 said:
Tammi

Please take Care of Andy And Hazel THEY CAN BE A HANDFUL...

Remember what happened last Cruise Andy :rolleyes: :D

Have a Great Trip all of U.. And All i Can Say is I need a Cruise...
BAD..Nothing until MAY 14th

Hey Peter,

We resemble that remark, LOL!!!

Andy and Hazel

We fly out midday tomorrow, and it sure was fun packing tonight while the DCL special was on the Travel Channel!

Mike :D

We fly out tomorrow too! Leaving from BWI about 2pm. Intending to head over to DTD for the evening and spend the night at the airport Hyatt. I am beyond excited. I need this vacation more than words could ever express. I can't wait to meet you all in the Promenade Lounge at 5pm on the 4th. Have a safe trip to the boat.
Missy & Shawn

Happy New Year, Everyone!

We're flying out of Atlanta at 6:45 in the morning so I better get to bed! See y'all in 2 days!

Lisa

Hi Everyone,

It's "early" morning here in Florida. I fell asleep watching TV last night around 8pm and woke up at 2:50am thinking it was like 6am, so here I sit at the computer wide awake.

Hazel and I were hoping to drive down to the port area this afternoon and get a room for tonight so we don't have to make the drive to the port Tuesday morning. Yesterday as I was getting out of the shower, I went to turn the hot water off, and the hot water spicket knob broke off in my hand. Of course it was Sunday afternoon of a Holiday weekend. My mom has very few tools here, so I wasn't able to do much about it, except turn the hot water off as best I could, and turn the hot water tank off to save on the electric bill. We were able to get a hold of a plumber and he is coming out this morning to hopefully get this fixed today.

Hazel and I were joking around yesterday saying, "It seems as though this vacation was cursed from the very beginning, maybe we should have saved this vacation for our 50th Wedding Anniversary." LOL!!!

Well, safe travels to those who are heading out today, and we sure "hope" to make it to the ship on Tuesday, if we do, we'll see you there!!!

Andy, sorry to hear about the hot water knob. (I hope you got some sleep. 2:50 am is too early for anyone to be awake, let alone awake enought to type.)Never fear, a "magical" cruise awaits us all TOMORROW!!!! I can't believe its finally here. :grouphug:
See you on board....TOMORROW. I can't stop saying that.
Heading to the airport later. :cool1: Let the fun begin.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter