0 carbs and under 33% fat - is this possible?

imgoingtodisney

Goal! going on this cruise 37lbs less and I will e
Seems to me if you cut the carbs, you eat more fat.
If you cut the fat, you eat more carbs.
Is it possible to eat 0 carbs and under 33% fat?

Is this a real question?

Of course it is possible. You just have to decide what you want or need to do and plan accordingly. Did the plan your doctor give you include 0 cards and under 33% fat? If so and you have questions regarding how to achieve these kinds of numbers then I suggest you ask your doctor since he/she suggested it.

Barb,
I highly suggest that you pick a structured plan and stick to it. If you truly want to go low carb then find a plan and read up on it to understand how/why it works. Then you will realize that it is unneccessary to count 'fat' while eating very low carb. Your body first goes to carb stores for energy. When the carb stores are not there then your body will go to fat for its fuel and thus you will not store the fat you are eating. Research Atkins or other low carb plans to understand how this works. Read the book when you are sitting in the library --- then you will understand what I am talking about.

If you want to go low fat ---- then find a program with guidelines to follow -- period.

YOU CAN DO IT BARB!!! You just need to research, find what you feel comfortable with then stick with it. It is just so hard to help someone that doesn't know what they want to follow.
:D

According to Atkins doing this could be very dangerous, and affect your organs. I hope no one suggested you do that. Your body either needs the fats or the carbs to burn, to eleiminate both IMHO would be extremely dangerous.

Barb,

PLEASE choose a plan, research to understand how it works, review it with your doctor, and follow it.

To tinker with your diet on your own, with as many nutritional questions as you have, is frightening. In addition to that not being an effective way to lose weight, you could damage your health.

As others have advised you on this thread and others- you really need to do some research and decide what plan you are going to follow before we can help you. WISH is a community of supportive friends, we are not a medical or nutritional counseling service.

This could be scary. Last year I had a problem with sudden food allergies, and lost weight by eating too little, especially fat. Not only did I feel terrible, my hair started falling out. I've read you need to eat fat to lose fat. JMO

Lora

You have three macronutrients. Fat, Protein, and Carbohydrates. If you are restricting fat, and carbs... and assuming you are not literally "not eating"... then your caloric needs would be coming all from protein. If you consume too much protein... it is converted by your body to glucose... and so you end up not really restricting your carbohydrates as much as you thought you were.

As indicated by others. Read and then choose an appropriate plan. Low carb works, but only if you apply the "science" of it. Or follow a plan by someone who has knowledge of this science. Low carb plans emphasize ADEQUATE protein (not excessive), low carbohydrate (with emphasis on natural whole sources with low glycemic impact) and adequate fats (avoiding trans fats and including omega fats as much as practical).

Weight loss is not the only goal for most of us. Good health is far more important.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter