“Rack rate” for Grand Villa @ BWV?

Boardwalk III

DIS Veteran
We’re sharing a Grand Villa with friends at the Boardwalk mid-November. It’s all booked but we’re doing the accounting now and I wanted to compare the “rack rate” against the cost of the DVC points. Played around on the WDW site for a while and couldn’t find a day where it shows as available, so couldn’t pull any pricing info. Doesn’t have to be exact, but was just curious!

The problem is that the Disney central reservation system never actually has any available dates for BWV GVs and thus you cannot find any current regular cash rate for those rooms on the Disney site. However, though it is generally impossible to rent one from Disney, you can find the rates for 2021, which range from $2628 to $4232 per night, depending on time of year, here: https://www.mousesavers.com/2021-boardwalk-villas-room-rates-season-dates/

Last edited:
We’re sharing a Grand Villa with friends at the Boardwalk mid-November. It’s all booked but we’re doing the accounting now and I wanted to compare the “rack rate” against the cost of the DVC points. Played around on the WDW site for a while and couldn’t find a day where it shows as available, so couldn’t pull any pricing info. Doesn’t have to be exact, but was just curious!
Rack rates for a 3-Bedroom Grand Villa at BWV for mid-November are (tax included):
  • Weekday: $2999
  • Weekend: $3328
https://www.mousesavers.com/2021-boardwalk-villas-room-rates-season-dates/

The problem is that the Disney central reservation system never actually has any available dates for BWV GVs and thus you cannot find any current regular cash rate for those rooms on the Disney site. However, though it is generally impossible to rent one, you can find the rates for 2021, which range from $2628 to $4232 per night, depending on time of year, here: https://www.mousesavers.com/2021-boardwalk-villas-room-rates-season-dates/

Thanks for the link, holy cow! Based on 2BR rates I knew it would be up there, but that’s crazy. Using our DVC points at market value and split 3 ways it’s pretty reasonable for the special accommodations. I think we’ve only done the GV 3 times in 20+ years but need to use up those pandemic pts 😊

Thank you for this! I've been trying to figure out the same thing for our GV AKV Columbus Day weekend stay. It's almost the cost of my entire (resale) contract!

Thanks for the link, holy cow! Based on 2BR rates I knew it would be up there, but that’s crazy. Using our DVC points at market value and split 3 ways it’s pretty reasonable for the special accommodations. I think we’ve only done the GV 3 times in 20+ years but need to use up those pandemic pts 😊
Yup, using those points.
I just looked up what the rake rate would be for our Oct. trip; 7 nights in a Cascade Cabin at Copper Creek and 1 night in a 2 bd at CCV came to over $22,000! Holy Cow is right!

Yup, using those points.
I just looked up what the rake rate would be for our Oct. trip; 7 nights in a Cascade Cabin at Copper Creek and 1 night in a 2 bd at CCV came to over $22,000! Holy Cow is right!
I calculated our trip too! It is ridiculous. So happy to have my points.

I got a friends right now trying to book for October or November and they won’t book during the deals. So yeah ppl will pay rack rates if there is not a deal in the time they want to go.

Before DVC, it was mostly All-Star Resorts for us, if we splurged maybe Port Orleans Riverside, but I would never have dreamed of staying at Wilderness Lodge or Animal Kingdom Lodge, Bay Lake Tower even less. So DVC was a great investment for us. In the first couple of years of our membership I actually kept an Excel sheet comparing rack rates with the points cost, annual dues and purchase price and we have broken even a long time ago.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter