“Official” 2018 Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party – Strategy and Itinerary Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
9/18 as we are a party of 11 including 3 toddler boys (all 2.5 yrs old) I know Moana is a priority for one family (2 ad, 1 ch) not sure what will interest the other families.. I would love to see the Pooh Characters and the 7 dwarfs (2 ad) I know we will want to trick or treat and we have memory maker so we should get some of the magic shots offered. I know we will want to see the parade and fireworks.. my Hub and I plan to stay even if the families with the littles go home.

I am not sure if I understand this correctly, are you trying to create an itinerary for 11 people? I recommend you create your own itinerary and meet up here and there with the others. When using Tag Team I know you'll receive a lot of negative comments and not just from the person standing behind you but from those in the line. If it causes enough issues a CM will intercede and can ask them to go back to the end of the line. This I personally have seen, it was a big deal.

So I guess we might not be able to be there for the 23 and 25. Apparently our ta wasn’t able to get beach club like we wanted. We are trying to see what will be available. Apparently there is a huge convention October 13-18.

Depending on your actual party dates I don't think your itineraries will change but we'll see. Just post a note when everything has been confirmed. Confirmed is the key :flower3: :upsidedow

Hi and :welcome: to the party!!! We'd be more than happy to help and like the Disney recording "We need just a more information...." Please choose which characters are a priority. Depending on which characters you want to meet please note you might not be able to use your FP's unless you're willing to separate via Tag Team. An examole of the Itinerary Guidelines can be found here: Post #2

I realize not everyone understands Time Frame but you should at least know your priorities, we'll take it from there and build an itinerary. :-)

Thank you!! I'll gather more information (re: characters etc) and will also read through post #2 (among others) thoroughly before posting some updated info!

Thank you!! I'll gather more information (re: characters etc) and will also read through post #2 (among others) thoroughly before posting some updated info!

Haha! Disney's recording says "We need just a little more information...." :P See you soon!

Depending on your actual party dates I don't think your itineraries will change but we'll see. Just post a note when everything has been confirmed. Confirmed is the key :flower3: :upsidedow
I’ll let you know! We are supposed to find out tomorrow.

Hi Everyone!

Please don't forget to post your Costume Ideas & Pictures on the Costume thread. If you need ideas or help it is available :D

Hi!

@JenniferW33 , @scrappinginontario and @DizzyErin , I'm not sure where we are with your itineraries, maybe missing key elements like your priorities, FP's and/or ADR's in order to help you or if you still need help?
Thank you so much i will have another look at your posts on the main page .. We won’t be needing ADR’s for the evening as we are planning on having a lazy day then eating before we go .. I’ll have a look at your posts and have a think
Thank you

@Cluelyss & @Bex258, I have to admit I've only attempted to see Hocus Pocus once, it was not a positive experience. If viewing from the Partners Statue, is arriving at 11:20 too early to view the midnight showing?

EDIT: @Cluelyss "Last year we waited till the last show (sold out night) and were able to get much closer - right beside the partners statue - and with far less people around." Post #97, do you remember what time this was?
We walked up literally moments before it started, though our spot was far right. I think 11:20 may be a bit early but you’d definitely be front and center!

I have looked and looked through this thread and this first posting to see event dates for MNSSHP. I see event dates for Sleepy Hollow, but none for MNSSHP. Can you post them in the first posting? Unless I am missing it somewhere! :-). GREAT JOB on the thread development!

We got our hotels booked!! It took a lot of rearranging to get beach club through the ta but we got it. We are planning on the Thursday party October 25 and maybe the Sunday. We haven’t bought plane tickets so nothing for sure but we have pop 23-26 and beach club 26-30!

If we were to choose to eat at whispering canyon prior to our party night, if we had reservations at 2, would that give us plenty of time to be in line by 3:30?

I did a review on: Post #12

When you check-in on the right hand side in the building, you just give them your last name & party size. They do not ask for a confirmation number or ask to see an email. I agree its kinda weird not receiving 'something' from Disney when booking this event but they do have everything there.

Thanks!

If we were to choose to eat at whispering canyon prior to our party night, if we had reservations at 2, would that give us plenty of time to be in line by 3:30?

We love the Wilderness Lodge and stay there every year during MNSSHP! We usually book for 2pm as well then head back to our room to change and have never had an issue arriving to MK between 3:30/3:45.
2:00-2:45 Dine
2:50-3:20 Get Dressed & head to boat launch
This worked for us. Do NOT be upset if you miss the boat another will come shortly!

EDIT: Added NOT :upsidedow

Last edited:
I have looked and looked through this thread and this first posting to see event dates for MNSSHP. I see event dates for Sleepy Hollow, but none for MNSSHP. Can you post them in the first posting? Unless I am missing it somewhere! :-). GREAT JOB on the thread development!

Glad you found the Itinerary thread and thanks for the kudos! I hope we can help you plan your party! :flower3:

We just booked our flights! Ended up going with Southwest. We will have to drive a little farther to get there, but the flight times through Frontier weren't appealing. Something about getting to Orlando at 10:49 pm and leaving Orlando at 7 am just didn't sound good to me. Frontier looked cheap until we picked our seats and added bags. It ended up being about the same as Southwest.

Does anyone know if DH and I will have a hard time getting seats together with Southwest? I just read that they have open seating and you get to pick seats when you get on the plane. I've never done that before, but it would really stink if I couldn't sit by him on the plane.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter