“Official” 2018 Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party – Strategy and Itinerary Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If someone that uses this line could let us know whether they put the wristbands on upon entering, or will those DVC members entering have to wait until 4, I’d appreciate it. I plan on being in line for Jack and Sally before 4 and want to prepare to have a tag team friend before we enter MK.
Update: I called DVC member service and they said that they believe that DVC members entering before 4 would get the wristbands upon entering. If someone could definitely confirm this, that would be great.

I have updated the DVC Information: [URL="https://www.disboards.com/threads/%E2%80%9Cofficial%E2%80%9D-2018-mickey%E2%80%99s-not-so-scary-halloween-party-%E2%80%93-strategy-and-itinerary-thread.3672288/page-145#post-59669508"]DVC Info Post #2893[/URL]

It is also located on Post #3: [URL="https://www.disboards.com/threads/%E2%80%9Cofficial%E2%80%9D-2018-mickey%E2%80%99s-not-so-scary-halloween-party-%E2%80%93-strategy-and-itinerary-thread.3672288/#post-58989837"]“Party Map, Tickets & Wristband Locations, Bypass and Entertainment![/URL]

It should answer all of your questions.

Thank you! I was thinking of maybe getting the wristbands at another location instead of the bypass. Hopefully I can find some nice people! Do we know if you can start lining up without the wristbands that early? I was actually getting a bit worried about what I'd do if she needs to go to the bathroom while we were in line! My parents are usually with us on trips however they're leaving the day before. Will be my first time solo with her at Disneyworld :scared::)

I honestly think if she sees how long we'll have to wait she'll say nevermind. But who knows!
I wouldn’t be too worried. We generally always talk to the people next to us in line at the parks and have always had nice people to speak with. I’m sure your “neighbors” wouldn’t mind you taking your daughter to the bathroom.

Hi Everyone! Love this board, and this thread - so much great information. Thanks to everyone for their hard work.

Just a quick clarification here - can someone explain to me how Tag Team works logistically? I understand the definition listed on page 1 of this thread. However I don't understand how one would act upon this in certain lines. Let's use Moana's 2018 line in the Tiki Room for example. If you are close to the front of the line in the switch back part (and you check that those immediately around you are happy to accommodate a tag team), how do you get BACK to your party? Do you have to talk to EVERYONE behind you first, or is it just a generally accepted method for these character waits? Isn't annoying to have to bump and ask (of course politely) through the crowd to get back to the start? I can understand when the line is just a "straight" line outside, easy to pop in and out. But I am wondering about situations like the above. Thanks!
I would say if you’re close to the front you should stay in line. I wouldn’t want to be that person walking through the entire line trying to get back with my party.

I would say if you’re close to the front you should stay in line. I wouldn’t want to be that person walking through the entire line trying to get back with my party.

Ok gotcha - this is exactly how I feel. I would find the whole thing uncomfortable, so I am assuming Tag Team is used when you are in a line that is easy to pop in and out of without disturbing others. Got it thanks :) Appreciate the response!

Ok gotcha - this is exactly how I feel. I would find the whole thing uncomfortable, so I am assuming Tag Team is used when you are in a line that is easy to pop in and out of without disturbing others. Got it thanks :) Appreciate the response!
That’s what I’m using it for. We aren’t getting our wristbands until 4 but know someone who will be in line for jack and Sally before that so we are going to tag team and switch after we get our wristbands.

UPDATE - Minnie Vans

"We left right after the fireworks and were able to get Minnie Van with a 10 minute wait. We saw at least 10 Minnie vans picking up while we were waiting. The app was acting really wonky so I was surprised I was able to get one." Post #7173

"You know how each Disney hotel bus has its own bus stop at the Magic Kingdom? Minnie Vans have a designated bus stop at the Magic Kingdom. Last week it was bus stop 8. There is a big sign which tells you which hotel bus is at which bus stop; Minnie Vans is on the bottom of that sign (as well as being marked at the bus stop itself.) So you could easily go to the bus stop area, pull out your phone, use the Lyft app to try to request a Minnie Van, and then walk over to your hotel bus stop if you are not successful getting a Minnie Van. Just wanted to mention this because until I got there, I didn't realize that the Minnie Van pick up and drop off area was a designated bus stop. (Or, if you really don't want to wait for the hotel bus and you can't get a Minnie Van, you can walk over to the Contemporary and use your phone to request an Uber or Lyft from there.)" Post #7177

WDW Link: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/en_CA/guest-services/minnie-van-service/

This post has been added the the Itinerary Guidelines: Post #2

Last edited:
Sooooo... what if I am attending my first MNSSHP and would like some help, but don't have a plan... just general ideas of what we'd like to do/see? Can I have help? :flower3:

Just Saying

"Thanks all, we watched the fireworks last night by the water across from the Countey Bear Jamboree as suggested, it was a great spot! We booked it over to POTC afterward and walked on, then went through the ToT line near the ride twice and then got a front row spot for the parade in front of the churro cart. After the parade we met Jafar and went on the flying carpets. We didn’t leave till 12:50am, they were still taking photo pass pics when we left!" [URL="https://www.disboards.com/threads/official-2018-mickeys-not-so-scary-halloween-party-a-spooktacular-celebration.3665880/page-362#post-59659111"]Post #7222[/URL] Nice review!

Ditto-- Thought this was the place to post itineraries and get feedback.

You still need to read the actual posts. Post #2 clearly states - Post #2: Itinerary Guidelines for Creating & Posting

Guidelines:
  • Date of your Party
  • Who is attending
  • Time Frame on the LEFT, you do NOT need to color it.
  • Red = What time you need to be there.
  • Blue = What time you should be done.
  • Tag Team: One member of your family can 'save' your spot while you get snacks and/or take a restroom break. Please inform those around you what you're doing I'm sure they too will need the same and appreciate your kindness.
  • Hallowishes & Boo-To-You: Times and tips are listed on Post #3. Make sure you allow enough time to get the best view and be sure to include your viewing location.

EXAMPLE:

Aug 17
DH, DW, DD, DS

3:30-4:10 MK Party Entrance
4:15-4:20 Snap some photos!
4:20-4:45 Mickey's PhilharMagic 15min
4:50-5:15 It's a Small World 25min
5:20-5:45 Mad Tea Party 30min
5:50-7:20 Winnie the Pooh M&G
Tag Team: Send DH to pick up snacks.
7:30-8:15 Lots-o-Huggin Bear
8:15-9:00 Headless Horseman Magic Shot / SotMK card
9:00-10:30 10:15 HalloWishes at Fake grass at Plaza
10:30-11:50 11:15 Boo-To-You Parade at Main Street

It's all there.

Hi there, I have been a long term lurker as I have been trying to work out our best plan as this will be our first trip to MNSSHP as well as Disneyworld.

This event will be a surprise for our kids so I am trying to work out the best plan with my mum as they will not know we are going until the morning of. Trick or treating will be a big deal to our kids as it is not something we do in New Zealand and will be super exciting for them. We also very much want to see BOO to you, Hallowishes and meet Elvis Stitch as he is a favourite, although would love to get Pooh and gang photo and mum would like Goofy.

September 23
Our Group consists of Me, DH, DS 11, DS9, DS almost 7 and both my parents.

3.00 Arrive at TTC (staying offsite)

3.30-4:10 Enter MK and get wristband

4:15-4:35 Mine Train (FP 3:15-4:15) Am going to keep checking to see if I can get this at 3.30 to make things easier.

4:40-5:00 BTMRR (FP 4:30-5:30)

5:05-5:30 POC

5:30-5:50 Bypass if we had to Skip it earlier (getting to 1st FP).

5:50-6.15 Buzz (FP 5:30-6)

6:15-7:15 Pooh & Gang or Elvis Stitch

Tag Team: Rides/Restroom Break/Shopping/Take turns!

7:20-8:25 - TOT, Rides, Magic Shots (hopefully HM)

8:25-8:55 - Find Parade spot in Frontierland/Liberty Square. Tag team Trick or treating while we wait

8:55-9:35 Boo-To-You Parade in Frontierland or Liberty Square

9:45 - 10:30 Hallowishes Fireworks (10:15) Probably in Frontierland, or otherwise in front of Caseys Cnr (still deciding)

10:40-11:50 more Candy, Rides or possibly M&G - (Do the M&G first before they close the lines)

11:55-12:20 Hocus Pocus

12:25-12:40 Pick up SotMK card at City Hall on Main Street - (Can be a bit of a wait but runs smoothly.)

12:45- headless horseman shot

Last edited:
Anyone have a favorite spot for their face painting? Our first MNSSHP we stumbled on a little spot in Tomorrowland and got our faces painted. (My pic <---- is what I got). We want to paint our faces again this year. Should we go to the Disney Springs kiosk the morning before our MNSSHP or just go to one in MK?
We used the Tommorowland facepainting a couple of years ago and I'm planning on using it again this year. Even though our party was in October we still melted. Just something to think about when getting the face painted earlier in the day

What time does Tiki Room close on party nights? I can't find that info anywhere.

Hi there, I have been a long term lurker as I have been trying to work out our best plan as this will be our first trip to MNSSHP as well as Disneyworld.

This event will be a surprise for our kids so I am trying to work out the best plan with my mum as they will not know we are going until the morning of. Trick or treating will be a big deal to our kids as it is not something we do in New Zealand and will be super exciting for them. We also very much want to see BOO to you, Hallowishes and meet Elvis Stitch as he is a favourite, although would love to get Pooh and gang photo and mum would like Goofy.

September 23
Our Group consists of Me, DH, DS 11, DS9, DS almost 7 and both my parents.

3.00 Arrive at TTC (staying offsite)

3.30-4:10 Enter MK and get wristband

4:15-4:35 Mine Train (FP 3:15-4:15) Am going to keep checking to see if I can get this at 3.30 to make things easier.

4:40-5:00 BTMRR (FP 4:30-5:30)

5:05-5:30 POC

5:30-5:50 Bypass if we had to Skip it earlier (getting to 1st FP).

5:50-6.15 Buzz (FP 5:30-6)

6:15-7:15 Pooh & Gang or Elvis Stitch

Tag Team: Rides/Restroom Break/Shopping/Take turns!

7:20-8:25 - TOT, Rides, Magic Shots (hopefully HM)

8:25-8:55 - Find Parade spot in Frontierland/Liberty Square. Tag team Trick or treating while we wait

8:55-9:35 Boo-To-You Parade in Frontierland or Liberty Square

10:40-11:50 more Candy, Rides or possibly M&G

9:45 - 10:30 Hallowishes Fireworks (10:15) Probably in Frontierland, or otherwise in front of Caseys Cnr (still deciding)

11:55-12:00 Hocus Pocus

12 headless horseman shot

12:25-12:35 Pick up SotMK card at City Hall on Main Street (if we haven’t collected earlier)

Hi and :welcome: to the party! Wow! Your itinerary is impressive! Can you tell me about your parents, are they handicap in any capacity?

8:25-9:35 Boo-To-You Parade in Frontierland or Liberty Square
Tag Team: 8:25-9:00 Trick or treating while we wait

10:40-11:50 more Candy, Rides or possibly M&G - I would do the M&G first before they close the lines.

11:55-12:20 Hocus Pocus

12:25-12:40 Pick up SotMK card at City Hall on Main Street - Can be a bit of a wait but runs smoothly.

12:45- headless horseman shot

Well done! Your itinerary has been added to the Main page. If you make any changes just post a note with your date and I'll know where to find you. :-)

Hello! This thread is excellent. Looking for help or opinions on our plan for this years MNNSHP. Never been before. We know what we want to do, but not sure how to make it all work. Some things are negotiable.
Sept 25. 2 adults, 1 child (age 6).

We have linner reservations at Chef Mickeys at 2:30. Then will walk to MK
We have fast passes, but they could be missed if it mean a better itinerary:
Negotiable:
FP HM 3:05-4:05
FP Pirates: 4:10-5:10
FP Jungle Cruise: 5:10-6:10

I would like to meet Jack and Sally, and my wife and daughter would like to meet Moana. This can be negotiable as well if best for our itinerary.

Must do:
Cadaver Dans
Woman outside of Haunted Mansion
Ride HM, Pirates, Space, Thunder, Buzz
Magic Shots (at least 3) how are the lines for these?
Trick or Treat
Castle Show
Boo To you (this is the reason we purchased party tickets so cannot miss)
Hallowishes

A previous pest said DIS meet at HM around 5 pm. WHAT IS THIS? NEED TO KNOW!

Dis meet at 6pm right outside HM

Late to the party yet again.

This is our first time at MNSSHP, so I'm still a bit overwhelmed at an itinerary within an itinerary, so bear with me.

9/25

6pm DISmeet at HM? I was told this was for adult/singles, so maybe not...I'm not single and according to DW, not an adult
Eh - join us! :)

Late to the party yet again.

This is our first time at MNSSHP, so I'm still a bit overwhelmed at an itinerary within an itinerary, so bear with me.

9/25
Have lunch at resort around noon.
2pm - Arrive at MK
1:50-2:50 FP - PotC
Dole whip
Jungle cruise if we can fit it in or maybe train around park
4:15 FP Splash mountain
5:25 FP BTMRR
6pm DISmeet at HM? I was told this was for adult/singles, so maybe not...I'm not single and according to DW, not an adult
Whatever rides we can fit in and/or PP opportunities and/or trick or treating
8:30 Hocus Pocus
9:15 Boo to you parade
10:15 Hallowishes
More rides and Trick or treating
Special event only snacks as options present themselves.

This isn't wrong but its missing information that is required when posting an itinerary:
  • Who's attending, if kids are involved please include their age
  • What are your scheduled FP+ times
  • Where do you plan on watching the parade
  • More rides where?
We, I don't create itineraries like Touring Plans, Kenny the Pirate etc. you create your plan and we suggest what might work better for you based on all the information required on Post #2. Did you read Post #1 thru #9? I'm not trying to be mean, I'm just trying to understand.

We used the Tommorowland facepainting a couple of years ago and I'm planning on using it again this year. Even though our party was in October we still melted. Just something to think about when getting the face painted earlier in the day
When in October did you go? I’m hoping to paint my face on 10/23 but I don’t want it to be really hot

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter