“Official” 2018 Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party – Strategy and Itinerary Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey!! This will be our first time checking out the Halloween party so I need as much help as possible :)
We are attending Monday, September 3rd (so soon!!), Me, DH, DS(3), DD(1), and my parents - we will all be peter pan characters

3:45 - 4pm - Enter MK (go backstage for bag, map, etc.)
Fast pass for Peter Pan (3:30 - 4:30 -- time for this? / maybe just 2 ppl and kids while other 2 get in line for Jack and Sally)
4:15 - 5pm -- Jack and Sally meet and greet (tag team with kids to ride another ride)
5:15pm -- Fast pass for Haunted Mansion

[need help here!] Can we fit anything else in that we want below before 7?

8:30 - 9:35 -- Boo to you in Frontierland (hoping to catch Cadavar Dans and Costume Contest while waiting)
9:35 - 10:30 try to find a spot by Casey's for the Fireworks at 10:15
10:30 - 11:10 Hocus Pocus Show

Meet Mickey
Magic Shot with headless horseman on the way out

Things interested in not listed.. Characters (possibly Pooh, Minnie, Donald & Daisy, Cruella.. would love Lotso, maybe Stitch if short line) and dance parties (hoping to jump around some between fantasy land, storybook and tomorrow land before heading to the parade), stopping by short treat lines, special memory maker photos (headless horseman and hitch hiking ghosts).. I hope to fit in as much as possible. What would you suggest?

I typed up something and lost it. Anyway, you will probably be a little later with the HM FP but then could get in line for Pooh by 6:15-6:30 and be done after their first set. Then would probably see Cruella roaming in the area and then could go to the Ducks/Minnie

Ok. After spending a lot of time on Twitter, the Disboards, and the MDE app last night, I decided to overhaul my touring plan. It was originally put together under the assumption BTMRR would be closed during party hours and I really wanted to ride Haunted Mansion at night. After seeing wait times for HM never really get below 25-30 minutes last night I don't want to risk running out of time especially since were going to a Friday night party. So I decided to get a FP for it and ride it first thing when we get there. It will also reduce some of the backtracking. I also have ZERO interest in riding Space Mtn. in the dark... I can just close my eyes if I want. IMHO, at that point it's no longer Space Mtn, but instead it's a dark, loud roller coaster that borrows Space Mountain's track. Anyhow, I've updated the plan on Post #549 which is linked on Page 1 (so far only 9/14 party-goer who has posted an itinerary). Thanks!

Please remember this was the first party and it was sold out and then some! Lines & times for rides are going to be very high. I have all of you early September party goers on my radar! ;)

Hey!! This will be our first time checking out the Halloween party so I need as much help as possible :)
We are attending Monday, September 3rd (so soon!!), Me, DH, DS(3), DD(1), and my parents - we will all be peter pan characters

3:45 - 4pm - Enter MK (go backstage for bag, map, etc.)
Fast pass for Peter Pan (3:30 - 4:30 -- time for this? / maybe just 2 ppl and kids while other 2 get in line for Jack and Sally)
4:15 - 5pm -- Jack and Sally meet and greet (tag team with kids to ride another ride)
5:15pm -- Fast pass for Haunted Mansion

[need help here!] Can we fit anything else in that we want below before 7?

8:30 - 9:35 -- Boo to you in Frontierland (hoping to catch Cadavar Dans and Costume Contest while waiting)
9:35 - 10:30 try to find a spot by Casey's for the Fireworks at 10:15
10:30 - 11:10 Hocus Pocus Show

Meet Mickey
Magic Shot with headless horseman on the way out

Things interested in not listed.. Characters (possibly Pooh, Minnie, Donald & Daisy, Cruella.. would love Lotso, maybe Stitch if short line) and dance parties (hoping to jump around some between fantasy land, storybook and tomorrow land before heading to the parade), stopping by short treat lines, special memory maker photos (headless horseman and hitch hiking ghosts).. I hope to fit in as much as possible. What would you suggest?

Hi and :welcome: to the party! We have time to work on your itinerary when I get back. If you have made your FP selections please add them to your post. Also if you could please refer to: [URL="https://www.disboards.com/threads/%E2%80%9Cofficial%E2%80%9D-2018-mickey%E2%80%99s-not-so-scary-halloween-party-%E2%80%93-strategy-and-itinerary-thread.3672288/#post-58989836"]Post #2[/URL] for structuring your itinerary things will work out more smoothly.

I've added your itinerary to the Main Page, please do not re-post your itinerary. I'll be going through all of them when I get back next week, hopefully by then we'll know more and we'll be able to execute an efficient plan. Until then please read Posts #2 through Post #8 so we can be on the same page when discussing your itinerary. Thanks! pirate:

Looking for advice for my "must do" list. I am entering at 4PM.

Jack and Sally
Stitch Elvis
Boo to You Parade
Hallowishes
Muenster Burger at Cosmic Ray's (DH's request)
Jack Skellington Cake Pop
An Event Specific Pin either General or Passholder

Looking for advice on the order of our characters...rides won’t be a priority because we have some pre party fast passes and another MK day prior to the party

We absolutely wanna see
Jafar
Cruella
Queen of hearts
Tarzan Jane and Terk

In that order...how would you strategize that? Kenny says most of the lines should be decent since we’re avoiding jack and Sally’s and the dwarves but we’re trying to be efficient...we wanna see the parade, the fireworks and the hocus pocus show

Thanks !

A bit confused here, are you trying to create an itinerary or ask general questions, either is fine but I'm trying to update my thread and I'm not sure what's going on here. Thanks!

Sept 18
Me, DH, DS, DD, DDBF
Costumes: Queen of Hearts, King of Hearts, Ace of hearts guard, Alice, and Mad Hatter
Must have Snack:Zero Waffle Sundaes at Sleepy Hollow when ever we find our way there :)
Keeping our time line pretty simple:
3:30 Arrive at MK Party Entrance
3:30-4:30 FP Enchanted Tales with Belle
4:50-5:30 FP BTMRR
5:30-6:30 FP Buzz Space Ranger Spin
After Fast passes:
5:45-6:20 Elvis Stitch M&G
7:00-9:00 Rides and Trick or Treating around
9:30-10:30 10:15 HalloWishes
10:30-11:50 11:15 Boo-To-You Parade at Main Street

Hi and :welcome: to the party! So glad you found us! When I get back from vacation next week we'll work on your itinerary. Foe now you are missing information on your itinerary please add them in:
  • Kids age
  • Scheduled FP times
I have added your itinerary to the Main page, please do not re-post it. Use the "EDIT" feature to add or change information on your post. Anytime you make any changes just post a note and include your party date, I know where to find you. Thanks!

I believe someone was asking about Pluto and Cruella? The Character List has been updated.

Pluto does NOT have his own M&G during MNSSHP.

Cruella has been updated please see: [URL="https://www.disboards.com/threads/%E2%80%9Cofficial%E2%80%9D-2018-mickey%E2%80%99s-not-so-scary-halloween-party-%E2%80%93-strategy-and-itinerary-thread.3672288/#post-58989840"]Post #6[/URL]

Also note majority of characters begin meeting at 7pm. Dwarfs, Jack & Sally and Moana meet earlier. Please refer to the Character List on Post #6. If a Character has "Location" by their name, click on the link! :-)

In light of some of the recent reviews of the dessert party, etc, I re-did my itinerary...it's a bit optimistic, but we'll see :)

Sept 16th
Me and DH
Must dos: Hallowishes, Boo to You, SotMK card, Tarzan/Jane, Haunted Mansion :)

Sunday, Sept 16th / Me and DH
3:30-4:10 Main Street bypass
4:10-4:20 SotMK card
4:20-5:15 Skipper Canteen ADR @ 4:30
5:15-6:30 :) Just wandering/enjoying the atmosphere--watch Jack Sparrow interact if he comes out early? Get the Headless Horseman straw ornament at Caseys.
6:30-7:15 Tarzan, Jane & Terk - They sign autographs so allow for more time.
7:20-8:30 Haunted Mansion & Cemetary Watchman photo prop - This is located by the exit, we didn't experience a long wait for it either.
8:30-9:00 Pirates of the Caribbean (if the line isn't too long)
9:00-10:30 Parade in reserved parade viewing, then Terrace for Hallowishes and the Dessert Party
10:30-11:00 I'll ride Space Mountain while DH trick or treats/watches Belle and Gaston do their Meets..or DH may go get the Spicy Nachos treat :)
11:00-11:15 Teacups!
11:15-11:45 Trick of Treat - Going towards Main Street (Across from the Speedway, Carousel of Progress, Monsters Inc Laugh Floor)
11:45-12am Dancing Ghosts Magic Shot on Main Street; Headless Horseman Magic Shot - In front of MK entrance.

Thanks for the itinerary @FoxC63 ! Looks great to me :)

I updated my itinerary again! Sorry. The boys now don't want to meet Jack Sparrow as they say they have a lot of photos with him already. They want Cruella now...
:coffee:

Hi and :welcome: to the party! So glad you found us! When I get back from vacation next week we'll work on your itinerary. Foe now you are missing information on your itinerary please add them in:
  • Kids age
  • Scheduled FP times
I have added your itinerary to the Main page, please do not re-post it. Use the "EDIT" feature to add or change information on your post. Anytime you make any changes just post a note and include your party date, I know where to find you. Thanks!
FP are noted at the beginning of my itinerary. Its a very loose plan. Hit 3 FP rides meet Stitch then roam around and ride/Trick or treat rest of night. I have big kids. So i dontt know what to structure into a plan

In light of some of the recent reviews of the dessert party, etc, I re-did my itinerary...it's a bit optimistic, but we'll see :)

It looks perfect! Easy breezy and a lot of fun. I hope Disney offers the the mentioned Magic Shots and photo props. Remember when you're at WDW be sure to check the Main Page "Table of Contents" for any updates including Magic Shots and Photo Props as seen here:

upload_2018-8-22_21-2-31.png

Everything is at your finger tips!

I updated my itinerary again! Sorry. The boys now don't want to meet Jack Sparrow as they say they have a lot of photos with him already. They want Cruella now...
:coffee:

She's wonderful and your boys will be very happy with their choice! You should prepare them to meet her with questions or comments they can say to her, make this interaction the best it can be! ::yes::

Looking at your itinerary I think we'll need to tweak a few things:
  • 4 to 4.40 pm. wristbands at philharmagic.
Waay to much time here. It should take you at the most 15 minutes. Again we'll work on this when I get back.

Please note SEPTEMBER party goers will have priority.

Last edited:
I don’t believe Stitch is meeting prior to 7. Definitely want ch the boards for updates in his start time and the best time to line up. I’ve a hunch 5:45 is too early.

Isn't that crazy we don't have any confirmation of his start time. I can't find this info anywhere! :confused3

I was looking for help creating an itinerary. Sorry!

No worries! Please see: [URL="https://www.disboards.com/threads/%E2%80%9Cofficial%E2%80%9D-2018-mickey%E2%80%99s-not-so-scary-halloween-party-%E2%80%93-strategy-and-itinerary-thread.3672288/#post-58989836"]Post #2: Itinerary Guidelines for Creating & Posting [/URL]

Also feel free to see what others have posted on the Main thread to help guide you. Then post an "outline" of your itinerary and we'll go from there. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter