“Frozen Ever After Dessert Party” with Fireworks Viewing and After-Close Attraction Ride

Status
Not open for further replies.
if we go with a party of 7 or 9, will the tables be next to each other or do they seat everyone together?
Your group will remain together no matter what if it's one rez. If it's multiple rezs, inform Disney, preferably ahead of time, that you want to be next to each other. The number of people at each table will depend on the make up of the attendee combinations. If you prefer one large table, make the request. Every once in a while I have seen larger tables.

FastPasser I have a question, if we go with a party of 7 or 9, will the tables be next to each other or do they seat everyone together? Not concerned with if they seat other people with us, I can either talk to them, ignore them, whichever they want. LOL.

I was just there with a party of 16. We were moved inside because of weather and seated at 2 tables next to each other. We had one whole table to ourselves and half of the 2nd table.

I'm waiting for the September dates too. I've already booked the MK one. I've never done any of the dessert parties before, but it'll be nice to be able to sit down at a table and enjoying some treats while waiting for the fireworks to start. I really hope that Illuminations will still be on though so I can watch it one last time.

Help! I booked the FEA Dessert Party and after I did, it showed in the MDE app under my resort reservation summary. I just made an ADR today and now the party is gone but the ADR and resort reservation still show. When I go on MDE on my laptop it shows the party and the charge for it has fully cleared. Is it just a glitch in the app? Will this be a problem when we check in for the party?

Help! I booked the FEA Dessert Party and after I did, it showed in the MDE app under my resort reservation summary. I just made an ADR today and now the party is gone but the ADR and resort reservation still show. When I go on MDE on my laptop it shows the party and the charge for it has fully cleared. Is it just a glitch in the app? Will this be a problem when we check in for the party?

This is a known issue with the app, you will be fine.

The MK parties need to be turned over to you guys. FEA and SWaGS parties are infinitely better than the HEA party. The only thing the HEA party has going for it, in my opinion, is the Plaza Garden viewing location. As someone who feels claustrophobic in massive crowds, I don't regret spending the money to have a more open viewing location, but the HEA party itself (food, drinks, atmosphere) was a big disappointment after attending the parties coordinated by your department. We should have done the HEA party first so we wouldn't have had any expectations.
We're planning to do both the HEA dessert party and the SW party, and while I'm disappointed to hear the HEA party might not be as good, I'm happy to hear the plaza garden viewing is good for the crowd averse. I also get very anxious in large crowds, so knowing that it's a more relaxed viewing environment is amazing.

Last edited:
We're planning to do both the HEA dessert party and the SW party, and while I'm disappointed to hear the HEA party might not be as good, I'm happy to hear the plaza garden viewing is good for the crowd averse. I also get very anxious in large crowds, so knowing that i's a more relaxed viewing environment is amazing.

Having done all three, I have to say that HEA was the favorite. So, hopefully this gives you a little more positive view of your future dessert party!

Having done all three, I have to say that HEA was the favorite. So, hopefully this gives you a little more positive view of your future dessert party!
Honestly, I am so excited for this trip that I don't think I can possibly be truly disappointed by anything. We have to make kind of a mad dash to MK to make our dessert party (we have 5:30 Jiko reservations and plan to hightail it over to MK in a Lyft, but assuming our dinner take about 90 minutes we should be alright), but we REALLY wanted to see HEA and because we're there during MNSSHP season we only have one real shot at it. I booked the dessert party to guarantee we'd have a good view, but I'm happy to hear the the whole event is enjoyable.

Honestly, I am so excited for this trip that I don't think I can possibly be truly disappointed by anything. We have to make kind of a mad dash to MK to make our dessert party (we have 5:30 Jiko reservations and plan to hightail it over to MK in a Lyft, but assuming our dinner take about 90 minutes we should be alright), but we REALLY wanted to see HEA and because we're there during MNSSHP season we only have one real shot at it. I booked the dessert party to guarantee we'd have a good view, but I'm happy to hear the the whole event is enjoyable.

Eating dinner before the HEA party will probably help you to enjoy that party more than we did. It's the only party of the three where I would suggest eating at least a light meal before attending. The only savory items at the HEA party are cheese cubes. There are a few fruit options near the cheese, but the emphasis on this dessert party is definitely dessert. Unfortunately the desserts simply weren't that great, in our opinions.

The SW and FEA parties, on the other hand, have excellent and a bit heartier savory options, allowing the party to work as dinner and dessert. We also found the dessert offerings at the SW and FEA parties to be more creative and better tasting. And, of course, alcohol is included in the SW and FEA parties, but not at the HEA party.

The garden viewing section, though, is really a wonderful aspect to the HEA party, so I do think you will be happy with your decision to reserve this party, and, perhaps like the previous poster, you'll find plenty to love about the whole experience.

Eating dinner before the HEA party will probably help you to enjoy that party more than we did. It's the only party of the three where I would suggest eating at least a light meal before attending. The only savory items at the HEA party are cheese cubes. There are a few fruit options near the cheese, but the emphasis on this dessert party is definitely dessert. Unfortunately the desserts simply weren't that great, in our opinions.

The SW and FEA parties, on the other hand, have excellent and a bit heartier savory options, allowing the party to work as dinner and dessert. We also found the dessert offerings at the SW and FEA parties to be more creative and better tasting. And, of course, alcohol is included in the SW and FEA parties, but not at the HEA party.

The garden viewing section, though, is really a wonderful aspect to the HEA party, so I do think you will be happy with your decision to reserve this party, and, perhaps like the previous poster, you'll find plenty to love about the whole experience.

We're going to be on the DxDP so we'll probably be stuffed by the time we make it, but we'll probably take some goodies to go if we don't feel like eating a lot there. I just changed our ADR from Jiko to Flying Fish because I think the transition will be easier, and I made our Jiko reservation for the evening of our day at Universal. I think it'll work out better all around.

We're going to be on the DxDP so we'll probably be stuffed by the time we make it, but we'll probably take some goodies to go if we don't feel like eating a lot there. I just changed our ADR from Jiko to Flying Fish because I think the transition will be easier, and I made our Jiko reservation for the evening of our day at Universal. I think it'll work out better all around.

Sounds like you're going to have a great trip! Enjoy!

Off-topic, but when you go to Flying Fish ask if you can be seated towards the front of the restaurant. They have an open kitchen concept there and you're able to watch and even interact with the chefs.

Off-topic, but when you go to Flying Fish ask if you can be seated towards the front of the restaurant. They have an open kitchen concept there and you're able to watch and even interact with the chefs.
Cool, thanks for the tip! I love watching people cook.

Thank you so much to @FastPasser. and the other super helpful people who have provided experiences and advice on this thread! I had initially held off on this party as I wasn’t sure of the value for our family, but kiddo actually requested this one instead of the SW one, so we are going to try it in June.

I do have one question, though. He won’t make it to the Frozen ride afterwards as it is just too late. I’m not attributing any monetary value to that part of the party and we are both fine with missing it, but has anyone ever asked whether it is possible to get a fastpass to do the ride before the party instead? I expect not, as it would affect the numbers for people waiting for the ride, but I figure it doesn’t hurt to ask advice here first :)!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter