͏

Status
Not open for further replies.
overall, I see that ...
before COVID-19, RVA sales were overall trending better than PVB sales in the same period (to a similar extent as RVA vs. CCV)​
for RVA vs. PVB, the performance gap RVA > PVB is better for member add-on than for new members​
there was more excitement from existing members to add-on for RVA vs. PVB that showed no signs of decreasing until COVID-19​

so if we assume PVB sales were successful for DVC, RVA is selling quite successfully aside from COVID-19 effects (same conclusion as RVA vs. VGF and RVA vs. CCV); it would appear that new member or existing member add-ons have not been significantly affected by the resale restrictions on RVA 🤷‍♀️

six Walt Disney World resorts to go ...

RVA also has the benefit of not having a lot of other resorts directly competing with it (before being declared "sold out"). CCV and PVB had significant overlap. Same with VGF and other resorts. It would be interesting if you could make a chart taking into account that context.

I finally got around to looking at RVA vs. BLT sales and there are some interesting takeaways!

previous sales analysis ...

RVA vs. BLT seems similar to RVA vs. VGF in that ...
similar high-end styling (a bit subjective)​
point charts similarly high (though RVA slightly higher than BLT)​
both have direct, non-bus transportation to one+ park(s) as a selling point​
until COVID-19, similar global financial status during sales​

... and in addition the RVA and BLT comparison has ...
similar physical sizing of the resort (room count and mix of room types)​
similar number of points​
both had global financial meltdowns around their 12 month anniversaries​

they did began sales at slightly different times of the year ...
BLT first deed recorded 30 Oct 2008
RVA first deed recorded 12 Apr 2019

... but I took the first 80 weeks of sales so it's > 12 months and any seasonal aberrations should fall out anyway

RVA does have slightly more overall points compared to BLT but I think that would just extend the sales window for RVA, not drive any particular monthly sales interest in RVA over BLT (or vice versa)
BLT 5,732,687 points (85% of RVA)​
RVA 6,739,966 points (1.2x BLT)​

also, the weekly sales varied quite a bit so I used the rolling 4 week average sales instead (~one month)

View attachment 538938

View attachment 538941

View attachment 538939

View attachment 538942

overall, I see that ...
before COVID-19, RVA sales were overall trending worse than BLT sales in the same period​
for RVA vs. BLT, the performance gap BLT > RVA is pretty similar for member add-on and new members​
there was more excitement from existing members to add-on for BLT vs. RVA (likely from known vs. unknown location)​
the financial crisis affected sales for both properties similarly​

so if we assume BLT sales were successful for DVC, RVA is not performing as well as BLT; for the three analysis complete, RVA is selling (excluding COVID-19 effects) better than CCV, on par with VGF, and worse than BLT; seems difficult to make any strong claims about RVA sales from this 🤷‍♀️

seven Walt Disney World resorts to go; I might see about doing PVB next ...
This is great data! Have you tracked the prices variation (incentives) through time?

thanks!

I have had a lot of trouble finding incentive sheets (the .pdfs) for anything before early 2020 when I bought in; I can find some listing out the incentives (forums, blogs, etc.), but it's incomplete; even for RVA, I haven't found all the incentives and that was less than two years ago

it would be pretty neat to pull together if the data is out there!
I also was unable to find all the old incentive details for Riviera, particularly for promotions that had short term added incentives. So incentives dating back further than that are likely impossible. Perhaps @pkrieger2287 has some information?

thanks!

I have had a lot of trouble finding incentive sheets (the .pdfs) for anything before early 2020 when I bought in; I can find some listing out the incentives (forums, blogs, etc.), but it's incomplete; even for RVA, I haven't found all the incentives and that was less than two years ago

it would be pretty neat to pull together if the data is out there!
Have you done a search on https://dvcnews.com/? May not go back all the way to 1991, but @tjkraz has done a lot of work over the years.

BRV seems to have sold out in just over a year

Do we know the selling date vs initial opening date? Also would be interesting when all the data is collected to see crossover of resorts as well.

EDIT
Something seems off:
You have the first sale as February 2001 but the resort opened November 2000?

Did they not start selling it until the resort was open for 3-4 months?

Do we know the selling date vs initial opening date? Also would be interesting when all the data is collected to see crossover of resorts as well.

EDIT
Something seems off:
You have the first sale as February 2001 but the resort opened November 2000?

Did they not start selling it until the resort was open for 3-4 months?
I would imagine deed recording back in the day was a lengthier process. It still is in some places

Its a weird difference in dates. Did they possibly just have cash guests then? I even found a old blurb from 2000 with a year in recap talking about how the resort opened that date in the same article earlier it talked about how it would open in January.

So not really sure wonder if anyone was around to remember exactly what went down.

Fixed Week 44 at RIV plus one of the 25 pointers are mine. It's cool to see them show up!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter