͏

Good analysis and very similar to what I've found when running the numbers. The point charts are critical although it's kind of painful to set up your assumptions (including value studios, which season, etc).

Where did you get the price for OKW 2057? From what I've seen those contracts don't exist on the resale market so I've kind of ignored them.
I stumbled across one about 10 days ago. Use year I wanted and exact amount of points. I was looking for OKW or BRV and had talked myself into buying 2042 resort and then OKW E showed up and now waiting on ROFR.

Another interesting observation is how SSR direct is still a bargain. $11.62 / pt is not bad. And if you are a family of 4 needing AP's you could do your own Mickey Math and deduct your initial AP savings (since future discounts aren't guaranteed) and recalculate the cost.

I'm too lazy to look up the exact $, but I believe it's about $400 each pass. So, $1600 on a 100 point purchase reduces the $11.62 to $11.15.

I love Mickey Math.
you gotta double that for each pass. Cost us over $3,000 for Gold DVC passes for 4 a couple of weeks ago. ;)

Does the Riviera Resale Restriction include future resorts? That is, if I buy RIV resale, am I locked out of the original resorts only, or am I locked out of Reflections, Disneyland Hotel Villas, and all future resorts as well?
It can ONLY be used at Riviera. That's why so many people were against purchasing Riviera, is the concern that it would negatively impact resale pricing AND resort room availability (as resale owners could only book at Riviera).

It can ONLY be used at Riviera. That's why so many people were against purchasing Riviera, is the concern that it would negatively impact resale pricing AND resort room availability (as resale owners could only book at Riviera).
Can you still dump the points into RCI?

We just bought our first direct contract, and it was REALLY difficult to choose the home resort. We didn't pick necessarily for the best economy, but the studio that we thought would work out best for us. The two showers in the PVB studio was a big factor, plus the size of the villa itself. We need a space that fits 5 people, and having more room makes a big difference. The biggest incentive is that the Poly is one of our very favorite resorts - the second is the Beach Club. We chose the Poly because we know we'll be happy staying there. If we add on in the future, we'll thik about adding a second home resort. We got enough points that we can do a 1 bedroom elsewhere if we want - but we didn't go crazy with points.

I thought the Riviera is absolutely beautiful - and the incentives right now made it really appealing. I would have loved that resort! My husband absolutely refuses to get on the skyliner, so he ruled it out. Sigh.

I LOVE Data... thank you for putting this together... my most surprised takeaway is how much of a bargain SSR direct still is.

This chart confirms what I already felt... AKV is the best of the three "cheap" resorts because of theming. Makes me really happy about my purchase.

I couldn't make that awesome spreadsheet myself, but I honestly thought that PVB was down low once you factor in the points required for a week versus other places.

That said, I am sitting waiting on ROFR on my PVB contract because that's the wife's favorite place ever and that makes it worth it.

This. If I solely wanted the best value, I could always stay at All-Star Movies!

A PVB studio at ~$1500/week is an absolute steal compared to ever-increasing rack rate, and it's where I want to stay. (Darn contract clauses / financial realities preventing me from literally living there...)

updated to be consistent with the resale prices in DVC Resale Market's analysis from 16 Nov 2020; also added a pair of charts I thought were interesting ...

same as before: for the current incentives, I only included them for RVA and CCV at 200 points for new members; if you're already a member those two would be slightly better; the rest of the incentives at 200 points didn't seem tremendously consequential so I figured it wasn't worth the effort to include them

View attachment 541820

View attachment 541819

sleep around points (doesn't account for home resort point charts, consistent with DVC Resale Market analysis)
View attachment 541806

deluxe studio - standard / tower studios
View attachment 541812

1 bedroom - standard
View attachment 541813

2 bedroom - standard
View attachment 541814

3 bedroom - preferred
View attachment 541815
I think it’s interesting that even with its recent price inflation, AKV remains one of the least expensive resorts to own and stay at. The point chart there for a standard room is really favorable.

I think it’s interesting that even with its recent price inflation, AKV remains one of the least expensive resorts to own and stay at. The point chart there for a standard room is really favorable.
I keep telling myself we should take advantage of that standard room pricing, but admittedly our draw there is seeing the animals from our private balcony. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter