ºoº Please tell me your experience. Changing the person's name on a DVC reservation?

RaySharpton

Retired and going to Disney.
ºoº Please tell me your experience. Changing the person's name on a DVC reservation?

Does the new name on the DVC reservation just appear in addition to the privious renter of the already made DVC reservation?

Or does the new renter of the DVC reservation appear by itself and the previous renter's name is removed?

Is it difficult for the DVC owner to make name changes on the DVC reservation?

Can a new request be made for room location, such as a for a person who cannot walk long distances and will be using a mobility scooter? (A handicap room is not required nor desired.)

Thank you in advance for all those that share their experiences with this situation.

Sincerely, Ray :)

I do not rent our points, but I have changed the name of the person on the ressie, and there have been no problems. The "old" name does not appear on the sheet. MS has mailed me a new blue reservation sheet with the new name on it. It may say "modified" but I'm not sure if that's just because of a name change that I did, or if I added a night.

Bobbi :flower:

bobbiwoz said:
I do not rent our points, but I have changed the name of the person on the ressie, and there have been no problems. The "old" name does not appear on the sheet. MS has mailed me a new blue reservation sheet with the new name on it. It may say "modified" but I'm not sure if that's just because of a name change that I did, or if I added a night.

Bobbi :flower:

Bobbi, thank you for your quick response.

It's an easy thing to do- it just takes a call by the member to DVC Member Services and a new confirmation will be sent out to the member. If there are any room requests (NS, first floor, etc.) they can easily be made in the same fashion.

Have a geat trip, Ray!

WebmasterDoc said:
It's an easy thing to do- it just takes a call by the member to DVC Member Services and a new confirmation will be sent out to the member. If there are any room requests (NS, first floor, etc.) they can easily be made in the same fashion.

Have a geat trip, Ray!

Doc, may I call you Doc, thank you for the quick response.

I was able to stay at the BWV for three nights this past August and I loved it.

I have stayed at OKW and VWL, too.

But I was so close to everything like Epcot, and MGM by boat launch. And I loved driving my scooter from Epcot after Illuminations to the beautifully nighttime Boardwalk.

I also like going to ESPN anytime to watch Monday night football or baseball and a basket of wings.

Don't get me wrong. I love OKW and the calm feeling that I have as I wander the grounds. I have never felt so relaxed with all the quietness and lush foliage.

And I love the VWL during christmas holiday lights and decoration time. But I can visit the WL lobby anytime to dine or while visiting MK.

BWV just felt just right to me. I can go out anytime and visit the Boardwalk. And during the day hours, I can visit so many other resorts and both parks without getting on a bus. I'll be ending my December vacation at BWV this year.

Hey there Ray :)

I've done this several times and it is an easy procedure..simple and uncomplicated for the member. I can't believe it's been almost a year since you spent your Christmas vacation at VWL. ;) I love the Boardwalk too and it is decorated so beautifully at Christmastime...different from VWL, but lovely just the same. The location can't be beat. I hope your vacation is wonderful again this year!

hulagirl said:
Hey there Ray :)

I've done this several times and it is an easy procedure..simple and uncomplicated for the member. I can't believe it's been almost a year since you spent your Christmas vacation at VWL. ;) I love the Boardwalk too and it is decorated so beautifully at Christmastime...different from VWL, but lovely just the same. The location can't be beat. I hope your vacation is wonderful again this year!

Hi, hulagirl. I love the decorations at WL better, but I like getting around in my scooter at BWV.

not a problem at all

your name will be in the reservation - the member name will also appear - send the reservation must be send to the member.

just ask to be near the elevators in a non-handicapped room for BWV. the handicapped rooms are closer to the elevator for medical reasons.

for OKW ask to be on the first floor - medical reasons - you have a scooter so the medical reasons are evident. the first floor views can be pretty bad in a studio at OKW - air conditioning units, or overgrow with shurbs and trees.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter